Decades ago, mussels rarely fell on the table of the average family because they were considered a delicacy. Today, this seafood is available to many. Bivalve mollusks are found in almost all corners of the oceans. In some countries, created a special farm for growing mussels. In the article I will review the best recipes for the preparation of this valuable representative of marine fauna.
Dishes with clams are good for health. They include: protein, phosphatides, unsaturated, fatty acids, other important trace elements that can strengthen the immune system, cleanse the body of harmful substances, normalize the blood. And skin, hair and nails help to maintain a healthy appearance.
Table. Nutritional value of mollusks (100 grams)
|Shellfish||Calorie, kcal||Proteins, g||Fat, g||Carbohydrates, g|
Mussels - low-calorie product, indispensable for the preservation of slim figure.
The best recipes for cooking frozen mussels
There are many recipes for dishes with mussels. Plov, soups are cooked from their meat, baked with cheese, fried with onions, marinated in white wine, seasoned with garlic sauce. Seafood is added to salads, stews, soups, pilaf. It is also served as a separate snack.
How to cook
You can cook in sinks and without them.
- mussels - 1 kg;
- water - 1 liter;
- salt to taste;
- seasoning to taste.
- Pour cold water into the pot, put it on high heat.
- When water boils, put mussels and any seasoning to choose from.
- Add salt.
Table. Cooking duration
|Mussels||Peeled cooked and frozen||Fresh in the shell||Frozen in shell|
|Cooking time after boiling water||2-3 min||4-5 min||6-7 min|
Boiled clams are served in shells if it is a separate dish. Sprinkle them with lemon juice, add sauce, herbs, beer or wine.
How to bake
Festive table will be decorated with baked mussels. You can bake clam meat, halves of shells or as a whole.
- mussels - 1 kg;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- olive oil - 80 g;
- lemon - half;
- salt pepper;
- Lavrushka - 1 sheet;
- herbal seasoning mix.
- Soak the product in cold water.
- Boil the water separately and dip laurel, pepper, mussels into it. Wait a minute after the second boil and turn off the stove.
- Remove the mussels from the pan.
- Crush the garlic, pour over the juice of citrus, add oil, mix the fragrant herbs.
- Use the blade of the knife to open the mussel wings and pour the fillet with the cooked sauce.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 7 minutes (temperature - up to 180 ° C).
Baked exotic dish is ready.
How to fry
By preparing the product in one of the two ways below, you will enjoy its savory taste.
- shellfish peeled from shell - 250 g;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- green onions - 3 feathers;
- butter - 60 g;
- parsley - a few twigs;
- cardamom - 2 pcs .;
- pepper, salt.
- Remove the contents from the valves, wash in running water, salt, sprinkle with pepper.
- Cut the onions, add the cardamom.
- In a preheated pan, put a piece of butter, mussels, chopped onions.
- Fry all 4 minutes.
- Decorate the finished dish with finely chopped greens.
How to stew
- mussels - 170 g;
- green onions - 3 feathers;
- garlic - half the average head;
- parsley - 4 sprigs;
- olive oil - 35 g;
- salt, lemon juice, pepper (ground) - to taste.
- Thawed clams immerse in boiling water. Boil no more than 4 minutes, then put in a strainer to let the water glass.
- Heat oil in a pan, pour boiled mussels on it. Add fragrant spices and chopped garlic. Stir continuously for about a couple of minutes. The fire should be average. Cover the pan with a lid, reduce heat.
- After 3 minutes, turn off the stove.
- Pour the prepared dish with lemon juice and sprinkle with finely chopped greens.
How and what to cook from pickled mussels in oil
Marinated mussels just. As such, they are suitable for cooking soups, pasta, salads, snacks.
How to pickle mussels in oil
- mussels - 330 g;
- water - 20 ml;
- Table vinegar - 10 ml;
- salt - 5 g;
- sugar 35-40 g;
- bay leaf - 1 pc .;
- black pepper - 4 peas;
- vegetable oil - 60 ml.
- Pickling. Pour boiling water over thawed clams. Leave for a quarter of an hour, then drain the water.
- Cook the marinade. Throw laurel, pepper, sugar, salt in boiled water. Boil everything a minute.
When remove from heat - enter the vinegar.
- Pour the obtained marinade mussels, pre-folded in a glass jar.
- Add vegetable oil, close the container with a lid.
- Serve cold seafood as a separate snack, or use to add to other dishes.
Healthy salad with cucumbers and eggs
- mussels - 280 g;
- cucumbers - 2 pcs .;
- egg - 2 pcs .;
- green onions - 4 feathers;
- mayonnaise - 50 g;
- salt - pinch;
- fresh dill - to taste;
- black pepper - to taste.
- Wash vegetables thoroughly.
- Eggs boil hard boiled.
- Boil pure mussels in salted water for no more than 3 minutes.
- Then put all the ingredients in a salad bowl, season with mayonnaise and mix.
Get a light and juicy dish.
Light pasta with tomatoes
Pasta (pasta) will get an exquisite taste if seasoned with a sauce made from pickled clams and ripe tomatoes.
- pickled mussels - 0.5 kg;
- finely chopped tomatoes - 380-420 g;
- pasta (short tubes) - 0.3 kg;
- olive oil - 50 g;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- salt, fresh parsley, ground black pepper - everything to taste.
- Boil the pasta in lightly salted water.
- Heat the oil in a bulk pan.
- Put on it chopped garlic, chopped greens. Stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Salt, pepper, then add tomatoes.
- After 8 minutes enter the clams. Mix everything.
French Seafood Soup with Seafood
- mussels - 280-320 g;
- red fish (tail, head) - 0.5 kg;
- squid, shrimp - 180-220 grams each;
- celery (root) - 180-220 grams;
- bow - 1 head;
- carrot - 1 piece;
- vegetable oil - for frying;
- paprika (seasoning), sea salt - to taste.
- Cut fish, carrots, celery and put to stew.
- Make a refueling. Pour oil on a heated pan, then fry onions on it (about 6 minutes).
- Add paprika, mix well. Roast another minute and a half.
- Send the filling to the broth. After 25 minutes, add the shrimp, after another 5 - squid.
- After 3 minutes, put the pickled mussels in the pan and turn off the stove. Mix everything. Delicious sea soup is ready.
How to cook mussels in a slow cooker
Sea mollusks cooked in a slow cooker have a very juicy taste. Below is one of the simplest recipes.
- mollusks - 1 kg;
- bow - 1 head;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- lean oil - 35 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- After removing the shell, wash the clams, then lay dry on a clean cotton fabric.
- Cut the onion into half rings, chop the garlic.
- Pour oil into the bowl. Put the slow cooker in the "Baking" mode.
- Add garlic and onion to the bowl. Pass less than 3 minutes.
- Send mussels to the vegetables. Salt everything, season with pepper.
- Fry the ingredients for about 16-18 minutes, stirring continuously, until all the liquid has evaporated. Decorate the finished delicacy with fresh herbs.
Below I will give recommendations and tips that will help to cook mussels at home.
- Boiled seafood is very delicate with a slightly sweet taste, so do not overuse the spices, otherwise the seasoning will drown out the natural flavor.
- At the end of cooking, get the seafood out of the water, otherwise it will increase and will look like rubber.
- If you cook mussels for a long time, they will become dry and tough.
Mussels can be considered the most valuable gift of the sea. They are loved by both seafood lovers and those who are ready to pamper loved ones and friends with a delicious delicacy with the bewitching aroma of the sea. However, to preserve the individual qualities of the finished dishes, it is necessary to strictly adhere to the above recommendations. Enjoy your meal!