Seafood is an invertebrate animals caught in the world's oceans. They are considered delicacies that serve both as a separate dish and as an additional ingredient. One such product is shrimp, which nutritionists recommend to use instead of animal meat.
How to quickly peel frozen shrimp
How to clean fresh shrimp we disassembled. Many people have a question: what to do with frozen ones, how to clean them correctly, are there any differences or not?
Frozen shrimps should be well washed in cold water. Dry with a tissue or paper towel. They are also put in a deep container, covered with salt and left for a few minutes. Most of the frozen product is sold without a head, so we’ll skip this step.
Step-by-step cleaning plan:
- Rinse with running water until the ice has melted.
- Remove the shell carefully so as not to damage the meat. His incised and remove the plate. If the shrimp are large (royal), remove the plate slowly.
- The intestinal tract is removed in the same way as in fresh ones. The difference is that frozen entrails can be damaged, so they do it carefully.
When all the items are done, the shrimps are washed with cold water and dried with napkins. Do not push, just get a little wet.
What to cook with shrimps - 3 popular recipes
Shrimps are used in salads, soups, sauces or served as a separate dish. They are boiled, fried, steamed. I will review the 3 most popular home cooking recipes.
Pasta in sauce
For the dish, frozen shrimps are suitable, which should be thawed at room temperature. Pay attention to the shade of the shell, it should be bright, and ice - at least. It is not recommended to buy whitened goods. This suggests that seafood was frozen and thawed more than once. Pasta is used any, to your taste. Consider the stages of cooking for 4 servings.
- 0.4 g shrimp;
- 300 grams of pasta;
- 300 g cream (preferably 15% fat);
- 1 leek;
- 100 g butter;
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil;
- salt to taste;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- We take a deep bowl, pour water into it, salt to taste. Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Cook pasta no more than 6-7 minutes, otherwise it will boil soft. Thanks to the oil, pasta does not stick together.
- Shrimps are cleaned, rinsed with running water, dried. Add butter to the frying pan and melt. Peeled fry in a hot skillet for about 2 minutes.
- Onions finely cut, put in the pan to seafood. Fry another minute. Then add cream, salt and pepper to taste. Cooking sauce for about 3 minutes.
- Fall asleep pasta, mix thoroughly, cook another 1 minute over low heat.
- Put the finished dish on a plate. If desired, you can decorate the top with greens and grated parmesan.
Shrimp and Cucumber Salad
Salad preparation takes about 30 minutes. Just get 4 servings.
- 900 g of frozen shrimp;
- 300 g fresh cucumbers;
- 6 eggs;
- 2 bunches of fresh dill;
- 8 tablespoons of mayonnaise;
- salt, pepper to taste.
- Frozen shrimps are placed in a container, filled with water, and after boiling, boil for about 1 minute. If you want more flavor, add to the water greens, peas, bay leaf.
- Drain, cool and remove the shell, leave for 35 minutes under the lid.
- Fresh cucumber cut into small strips. Boil eggs for 10 minutes and, after cleaning, finely chop into cubes. Green chop chopped.
- We place all ingredients in one container, mix thoroughly, pour mayonnaise and salt with pepper to taste in a salad.
- Serve on the table. If desired, you can decorate with greens.
Shrimps in a cheese crust
- 400 g shrimp;
- 2 eggs;
- 100 g of hard cheese;
- 6 tablespoons of flour (preferably corn);
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- half a lemon;
- 6 sprigs of dill;
- salt, pepper to taste.
- Shrimps will be tender, juicy and tasty if properly cleaned. To do this, remove the head, shell, tail, intestinal tract. If desired, the tail can not touch.
- Marinate the shrimp. For the marinade, take the juice of half a lemon, chopped garlic, dill and add black pepper and salt to taste. Mix all ingredients.
- In seafood sauce evenly lay seafood and leave for 40 minutes.
- While the meat is marinated, prepare cheese and batter for the crust of cheese. To do this, whisk until a homogeneous mass of eggs with salt. For breading, use flour and grated cheese. Meat in turn dipped in batter, roll in breading and send to a hot skillet. Fry on both sides until golden brown appears. Immerse the shrimp in the butter until the middle.
- Put on paper napkins to remove excess fat. Then put on the dish, add sauce if desired. "Seafood" is perfectly combined with cranberry sauce.
How to choose the shrimp
How to effectively clean seafood worries many, especially if faced with this the first time. Do not forget that their choice is also an important point. The quality of the product determines the taste of the finished dish.
It is recommended to buy fresh shrimp. Unfortunately, not everyone has this opportunity. The most popular option in the middle lane is frozen. Inspect the "seafood" in advance. If they are of high quality, the carcasses are separate from each other, do not stick together. The legs and tail are pressed to the body, the color of the head is greenish or brown.
If you plan to eat right and stay healthy, pay attention to the products obtained at sea.
In the diet, be sure to include shrimp, which contain a large amount of pure protein, omega-3 fatty acids, minerals and vitamins, phosphorus, sodium, iodine, calcium and more.
What to do with the shell
After cleaning, the shell remains, which is thrown away. But you can use it wisely - make a delicious sauce or soup. Put the product in a container, cover it with water so that it covers the shells. Put the container on the fire and boil for 30 minutes after boiling. Strain the contents and cook soup on the basis of the broth.
Peel shrimp simply and quickly. The fear of buying this seafood due to lack of experience should disappear completely. After all, now you have learned to treat him correctly, and you can cook a dish even from shells.