In the list of the most useful vegetables one of the leading positions is cauliflower. It contains many useful macro-and microelements, vitamins H, E, K, C. Vegetable is popular among people on a diet: with all its nutritional value, it is low-calorie, promotes healthy digestion, and has a beneficial effect on the intestinal microflora.
Despite the fact that the cauliflower retains the benefits, it is not worth to overcook (or digest) it. To enhance the taste and retain useful elements, it is recommended to soak it in milk for some time before cooking.
Not only fresh forks are suitable for frying, but also frozen: they need to be boiled for 2-3 minutes, then removed and dried a little. If you take fresh, make sure that they are recently collected: juicy, elastic, with fresh leaves. Defining freshness by color is meaningless: a vegetable comes in different varieties that differ in appearance.
Rinse and disassemble into inflorescences before frying. In most recipes it is advised to boil it first, but this is not necessary, especially if you want to maintain a pleasant crunch.
It is better not to cut the legs of the inflorescences: it is convenient to hold onto them, especially when cooking in batter or breaded.
The most important thing in frying is to preserve useful properties. To do this, first, the vegetable is fried on high heat until a dense crisp is formed, then the fire is reduced to a minimum and stewed under the lid until cooked.
Calorie fried cauliflower
Cauliflower low-calorie - only 20-30 kcal per 100 grams raw and 100-120 kcal per 100 grams in fried. Nutritional value includes:
- 3 grams of proteins;
- 10 grams of fat;
- 5.7 grams of carbohydrates.
Low calorie allows you to use it during diets and fasting days. Dishes from it perfectly satisfy hunger and replenish the body with nutrients, while not allowing to gain weight.
- a small head of cabbage;
- 60-70 ml of vegetable oil;
- Rinse cabbage, cut into small slices.
- Heat the oil, spread the slices evenly and mix.
- Soak over high heat until a crispy crust appears, and roast for a few more minutes over low heat.
- 2-3 minutes before removing from heat add spices. By the way will have garlic sauce.
- Serve as a side dish to the main dish.
Cauliflower in batter and breaded
Recall the classic recipe for frying in batter. It is very simple.
- ⅔ head off;
- 150 g of flour;
- spices to taste;
- glass of water.
- First of all, we cook the batter: mix water and flour to a state of sour cream, add spices to taste, including salt and black pepper.
- Head out washed, dried, cut, do not boil. Roll in the prepared in advance mass.
- Heat the butter, put slices, fry over medium heat until crusted.
Delicious side dish. The recipe echoes the previous one. Cooking will take no more than half an hour.
- small head;
- 2 eggs;
- packaging breadcrumbs;
- Rinse the inflorescences, dry, cut into pieces, boil 7-8 minutes after boiling water.
- Smash and shake eggs, add salt, black pepper.
- Roll slices in the resulting mass, and then in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil, put cabbage in a frying pan, fry over medium heat.
Original recipe with eggs for the second
This recipe is not even a side dish, but a real main dish, suitable for a tasty and nutritious dinner.
- cauliflower head;
- 3-4 eggs;
- 50 g butter or 25 g butter and 25 ml vegetable;
- 100 grams of cheese;
- spices to taste.
- Rinse the inflorescences, let the water flow, cut into pieces. Boil 7-8 minutes after boiling the liquid.
- Heat the oil, put the cabbage, fry a little until golden brown (5-6 minutes).
- Smash and shake eggs in a bowl, add spices, roll in the resulting mass of vegetables.
- Cook over medium heat until brown.
- Put on a platter, grate cheese, sprinkle on top, add greens.
Stewed Dietary Cauliflower
On this topic, there are many options, consider the most simple.
- ⅓ head off;
- 100 g carrots;
- 100 g zucchini;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 1 Bulgarian pepper;
- ½ onion;
- 50 ml of vegetable or olive oil;
- spices to taste.
- All ingredients are washed, cut into large slices, cabbage divided into florets.
- Heat the butter in a pan, fry the onions and carrots first, then the inflorescences and the pepper, then the zucchini and tomatoes.
- Pour the stew with a small amount of water and simmer under the lid closed for about 15 minutes.
- Toward the end of cooking, sprinkle with lemon juice and add spices.
In conclusion, I will give some useful tips. It turns out that cauliflower is forbidden to eat for the following diseases:
- With elevated or reduced pressure.
- During exacerbation of kidney and gastrointestinal diseases without consulting a doctor.
- With gout in the elderly.
- After surgery in the chest or abdomen. After the operation should take several weeks.
- With care to people suffering from diseases of the thyroid gland.
- With chronic allergies.
Do not neglect these tips, because your health is in your hands!
Cauliflower can be fried at home quickly, tasty and healthy. I have listed the simplest recipes, but in fact there are many more! Try different options and choose the one you like the most.
Do not forget about contraindications, and at the same time - do not be afraid to experiment! Let this useful vegetable settle in your kitchen and become the leader of a dinner party! It is said that some people, especially children, do not like the taste of cauliflower. This moment is often played up in the series ... But maybe the heroes of these stories did not try to cook it properly?