The modern social world in order to achieve personal success requires high productivity and lightning reaction. But diseases that adversely affect all areas of life, prevent to become successful and happy.
Why do we catch cold
The cause of respiratory diseases is a pathogenic virus that has entered the cells. In a healthy organism, an infection is imperceptibly destroyed by immunity, but in a weakened one, it quickly develops and spreads, causing the well-known common cold. The catalysts of the process are hypothermia, reduced immunity, vitamin deficiency and other factors that cause a weakening of the protective functions.
Symptoms in adults and children
At the onset of the disease, the person feels general weakness. Gradually develop symptoms such as runny nose, headache, sweating, sore throat. Sometimes redness appears on the mucous membrane and herpes on the lips and in the nose. The condition worsens with temperature increase, which sometimes reaches 39.9 ° C. Depending on the general condition, the symptoms may be combined or not at all.
How to cure a cold in adults
The number and combination of drugs vary depending on the state of health, but the principle of treatment is always the same. Prescribe drugs that affect the virus, support the body, stop the symptoms.
- Tea with lemon, honey, currants or raspberries. Drink in a freshly prepared form throughout the disease.
- A mixture of grated garlic and honey 1: 1. Take 1 tbsp. l three times a day.
- Cocktail from hot milk, honey, vanilla, allspice, cinnamon. The mixture is brought to a boil, insist two hours, drink throughout the day.
- Mulled wine. In 1 liter of sweet red wine add a little cloves, sugar, sweet pepper, honey, sliced apple, pieces of lemon, nutmeg. The mixture is brought to a boil, insist 25 minutes, take in the form of heat to improve.
- Vodka with red pepper. Eat half a pod of red hot pepper and drink 50 ml of warm vodka or make a tincture with pepper.
- Antiviral - Tamiflu, Relenza, Amiksin, Arbidol.
- Antipyretic, painkillers - "Ibuprofen", "Paracetamol".
- Multivitamins - vitamins of group A, B, C, D, E.
- Throat antiseptics - "Oralsept", "Gramidin", "Septolete", "Ingalipt", "Strepsils".
Treatment of children
Methods of treating colds in children vary depending on the physiological characteristics and age. Sometimes, what helps an adult can harm a one-year-old child. This need to know when using drugs.
- Sweatshops - warm tea with honey, viburnum, chamomile, lemon, wild berries, linden or milk with honey (in the absence of allergies).
- Against the common cold - warming the feet, washing the nose with saline.
- Inhalation of 0.9% saline.
Mixtures and tablets
- Antiviral - Anaferon, Aflubin, Engystol.
- Antipyretic - Paracetamol, Ibuprofen.
- Multivitamins - vitamins of group A, B, C, D, E.
- Antiseptics for the throat - "Orasept", "Geksoral", "Chlorophyllipt", "Septolet".
Is it possible to recover in 1 day
The treatment does not take much time, but sometimes it is not even his, so a way was created to recover in one day. If you adhere to this principle, the virus will be destroyed even at the stage of the first symptoms. As soon as suspicions appeared, the first symptoms or there was contact with a sick person, the following steps should be performed.
- Drink antiviral drug. The dosage is selected individually, depending on age and physiological characteristics. Details can be found in the instructions.
- Reception of multivitamins, antipyretic, antiseptic drugs. Bed rest, healthy food, plenty of drinks, including warm tea with lemon are necessary.
It is advisable to make inhalation with saline and hot foot baths with the addition of mustard powder. For irrigation therapy, you can use a solution of sea salt, decoction of chamomile, calendula, eucalyptus, but only at body temperature below 37.3 ° C. Hot foot baths are carried out twice a day at body temperature up to 37.8 ° C. In the water you can add sea salt, listed herbs.
As a result, the symptoms will stop developing, and the virus will be almost destroyed. But this will happen only when a person has good health. If the body is weakened or there is a chronic disease, treatment will not help so quickly.
How to quickly and effectively be treated during pregnancy
The main principle - do not harm the developing fetus, so the use of most antiviral drugs and procedures is unacceptable. Before starting treatment, you should consult your doctor! You can not take medication, soar legs, do inhalation. Antiseptic preparations can be used in the form of throat and nose spray.
When the process is acute, antipyretic and multivitamin preparations are permissible. You can drink tea with lemon, honey, currants, raspberries, use cough drops with natural ingredients. All drugs that are bought in a pharmacy should be allowed and safe for pregnant women.
Passive prophylaxis is carried out throughout life. To do this, adhere to a healthy lifestyle, play sports, eat healthy food, follow the daily regimen. Active prevention is carried out in the cold season, when the probability of infection with a viral infection increases. To do this, make seasonal vaccinations, take in prophylactic doses of antiviral drugs, multivitamin complexes, immunomodulators.
Useful tips and interesting information
Cold treatment is effective if you follow the rules and comply with the requirements of the doctor. Any conscious or unconscious deviation from the course leads to the spread of the virus, weakening the body, deteriorating health.
The generally accepted rules are based on the experience of recovered people, so they are effective. Self-medication or the use of ineffective means leads to the appearance of complications.
A cold on the lip or nose
Reducing the protective functions of the body, under the influence of a viral infection, causes the appearance of herpes on the skin around the lips or on the nose. It is easy to eliminate with the help of antiviral pills and ointments that affect the herpes virus, in combination with traditional medicine methods.
Apply products based on natural ingredients, herbs to the affected surface. Often, honey, toothpaste, decoctions of chamomile or calendula, and oak are used for this. Apply to cauterization alcohol tincture of medicinal herbs, propolis, even Corvalol.
What methods are best not to use in home treatment
Some methods are dangerous, may even harm the body. Do not recommend the use of potent, antiviral, painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics without a prescription. The most effective way is traditional medicine and simple cold medicine.
Timely prevention and effective treatment of folk remedies, along with medications, will prevent or quickly eliminate the disease.