Primordially Russian classic soup was cooked from fresh or sour cabbage. They are so good that you can add the one in the fridge. And one more important point: the soup must be thick, so that the spoon “stands”.
How to pick and shred cabbage
An excellent choice - a strong autumn head with dense leaves. Do not cook from a young vegetable, it is more suitable for salad. Cut the fresh cabbage into strips and, if desired, bring to semi-cooked food separately. Young stew in a skillet for 15 minutes, and bake tight in the oven using earthenware. Why do this? When weaving, the vegetable acquires a special aroma that will enrich the taste of the finished soup.
How much to cook
If you are going to cook in a broth, take a whole piece of meat and boil it in water for about two hours so that the soup will be rich and rich. Be sure to put fragrant seasonings and roots. In the finished broth, enter the chopped cabbage. Wait for the boil and lower the potatoes, pre-sliced.
While the soup is boiled, fry the carrot, onion, and roots in butter. Dice the peppers in a cube, peel the tomatoes, send everything into the broth and boil a little. At the end of cooking, add the roasted vegetables, laurel, black pepper.
The last stage can be changed if time permits. Put the pot in the oven, covered with foil, and cook for about an hour. Then add the potatoes (chopped into cubes) and let stand 30 minutes more. After 1.5 hours, get soft meat with a tender thick stew, as there won't be a lump of potatoes. And mix this fragrant liquid with cabbage, add what you like - tomatoes, sweet peppers, beans (pods), fresh greens, mushrooms. Tomite about another 30 minutes.
"In the soup, you can add a little flour fried in a pan until golden brown, dilute it with broth and boil a little, then put it in a sieve and rub it."
A dish of sauerkraut or sauerkraut balanced and includes all the necessary nutrients. Carefully counting calories is not necessary, the caloric content may look like this:
|Ingredients||Weight, g||Proteins, g||Fat, g||Carbohydrates, g||Calorie, kcal|
|Per 100 g||8,4||7,3||5,3||101,7|
|Per 100 g||7,4||6,2||6,7||98,6|
Fresh cabbage soup - a classic recipe
For a start, we cook well-known cabbage soup from fresh cabbage. They are important not to skimp on the spices and herbs. You can add more potatoes or do without it. But put tomatoes necessarily - acid is always appropriate.
- 0.7 kg of beef;
- 0.4 kg of cabbage;
- 2 onions;
- 2 carrots;
- 4 potatoes;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- bay leaf (2 pieces);
- for frying oil refined;
- greens, pepper, salt to taste.
- Rinse the meat, put it in a saucepan, pour cool water and put it on the stove. Throw the whole onion. When boils, set the minimum temperature, cook beef until tender. Remove, cool, separate from the bone (if any).
- Meat broth to pass through a sieve to clear from small particles. Put on the stove.
- Chop the cabbage, peel the onion with carrots (cut into cubes).
- Add refined oil to the pan and lay out the vegetables for roasting.
- Put the chopped vegetable into the broth, continue cooking over low heat.
- Put the tomatoes on the pan to the vegetables without the skin (it is allowed to replace tomato sauce). Peeled potatoes chop cubes.
- Fried vegetables, potatoes, meat, put in broth. Boil until soft potatoes.
- Greens wash well, dry. Chop garlic.
Sauerkraut soup - a classic recipe
The second number is the cabbage soup, which is always good. Sour, spicy, spicy notes - they have everything to make dinner fun. And which meat to take for broth is exclusively a matter of your taste.
- 0.8 kg beef shoulder;
- 0.5 kg sauerkraut;
- 6 potatoes;
- 2-3 carrots;
- 3 onions;
- 45-50 g of parsley root;
- black pepper peas;
- Bay leaf;
- It will take a 5-liter saucepan. Place the washed meat in it, pour water on it. After boiling cook for 1.5 hours. During cooking, remove foam from the surface.
- After 60 minutes, start preparing vegetables. Grate the carrots and cut the onion into small cubes.
- In refined oil, fry the onions to transparency, then put the carrots and cook it until soft.
- While carrots with onions are fried, cut the peeled potatoes into cubes.
- Remove the spatula from the pan, remove the bones, cut into slices, put back.
- Put potatoes in broth. Boil until soft - about 10 minutes.
- Put sauerkraut. It should be crispy, not too salty and savory.
- Add roasted vegetables, pepper, parsley (root), Lavrushka, salt. After 10 minutes, turn off.
- Let it stand. Serve with chopped greens.
INTERESTING! Sour soup on the orders of Prince Potemkin included in the diet of the Russian soldier as "a particularly nourishing and healthy dish." By the way, the soldiers were satisfied with this innovation.
Cooking delicious soup with pork
If you want, you can add the soup potatoes. Put the peeled and diced potatoes into a saucepan 20 minutes after adding the cabbage.
- 500 g pork;
- ½ white cabbage;
- 80 g onions;
- 50 g root parsley;
- 40 g of oil;
- 2 peeled tomatoes;
- pepper, bay leaf, salt to taste.
- Cook meat broth. Remove the pork in 1.5 hours, strain the liquid part into another pan.
- Put in it chopped thin strips of fresh cabbage.
- After boiling add pre-fried onions and parsley root, then return the meat to the same place and cook for another half hour.
- 10 minutes before the end of cooking put sliced tomatoes, bay leaf.
- Season and remove from heat.
Chicken Cabbage Soup Recipe
For soup with sauerkraut, it is important to choose a fatty homemade chicken. Cut the carcass in half and boil the broth. If desired, you can add the onion, and on readiness, remove.
- ½ part chicken;
- 500 g sauerkraut;
- 120 g carrots;
- 50 g root parsley;
- 25 g of tomato sauce;
- to taste spices and salt.
- Cook chicken broth.
- Separately, put out a sour vegetable, pouring 370 ml of broth into it.
- Combine broth and sauerkraut in a saucepan.
- Add vegetables fried in tomato sauce (carrots, onions, root parsley), cook for 20 minutes. Season with spices and salt.
By the way, since there is sauerkraut in the composition, it goes well after the “actively” held holiday feast. When serving, place sour cream, finely chopped dill or parsley in a plate.
How to cook soup in a slow cooker
For cooking savory soup once used clay pots. They put all the ingredients in them and sent them to the Russian stove, in which they served all day long, and in the evening they served it to the table. It would seem, what is simpler, but women no longer have time for long fuss, but there is a modern device - a slow cooker.
- 0.6 kg of meat;
- ½ head of cabbage;
- 300 grams of potatoes;
- 100 g carrots;
- 1 pod of sweet pepper;
- 75 g onions;
- 1 tomato;
- 40 ml of an odorless oil.
- Fry the onion, carrots, sweet pepper, tomato in the "Frying" mode in butter without the smell.
- Put a piece of meat (preferably whole) into the bowl of the slow cooker with vegetables. Next, add cabbage (chopped into strips), potatoes. Pour in water, salt.
- Set the program "Soup". Usually this program lasts 2 hours, but you can give it another half an hour.
- Spices, laurel, garlic and fresh herbs add at the end of cooking. Remove and chop meat from the multicooker.
Benefit and harm
Navarous, delicious soup - this, of course, great. But the main thing is that the dish is safe for health. Despite many positive qualities, cabbage soup is quite insidious. So I made a small cheat sheet.
- Schi improves digestion. Fiber and lactic acid bacteria in the composition help the stomach and intestines, facilitating the absorption and digestion of food.
- They bring a lot of benefits for colds and flu, as they contain ascorbic acid (vitamin C).
"A curious fact: sauerkraut" assigned "in the form of cabbage soup" helps with a wet cough.
- Quench thirst and slightly reduce body temperature during a cold. One plate of soup - and you feel better.
- May cause exacerbation of gastritis, metabolic disorders and water-salt balance due to the high salt content in fermented vegetables.
- Not recommended for cholecystitis and diseases of the duodenum
If time allows, it is good to cook soup according to all the rules, but sometimes you need to cook dinner quickly. In this case, I recommend boiling broth in the evening, for the night the meat will become softer and more tender, it should be cut and returned to the liquid.
Daily cabbage soup from sauerkraut will become even more tasty after heating, so in the North they often cooked a large saucepan, then frozen it, and if necessary, chipped off a piece, laid it in a pot and warmed it in a Russian oven. A dish cooked on the stove and subsequently frozen, to taste is not inferior to that of the stove.
Your soup must have a sour taste, this is a must. In addition to the traditional components, you can supplement them with sour apples or berries (lingonberries, cranberries), sour cream, pickles and mushrooms. Tomatoes and sweet peppers are put in the South of Russia, and modern recipes contain potatoes, which makes the soup thick and tasty.
From meat, boil strong broth, add bay leaf and allspice to it. While it is cooked, fry the onions in butter until transparent, then combine with the grated carrots. As soon as the vegetable is soft, remove the griddle from the stove. Remove the meat, cut into slices, send back to the broth, add potatoes and chopped parsley root.
After 8-10 minutes, season with sauerkraut (pressed from the brine). However, if there are no health problems, nothing needs to be done, just cook it in meat broth for 15 minutes, then put the fried vegetables and spices. Boil another 7 minutes. Serve with sour cream or cream, sprinkled with fresh herbs.