Compote is a drink, the main ingredients of which are berries, fruits, water and sugar. The technology of its preparation differs, depending on the type of fruit used. For example, soft berries and fruits can lose their shape if the heat-treatment time is not followed, and berries that contain bones are pre-prepared. If they are not removed, the shelf life of compote closed for the winter will be significantly reduced.
Compote from tangerines or oranges
Especially fresh are the drinks made from citruses.
- 1 kg of tangerines;
- 100-150 g of sugar;
- 1 liter of water.
- Peeled peels and albedo (white thin layer) mandarin slices should be dipped in a boiling syrup and wait for the moment when the liquid boils again.
- Keep time and hold on the fire for 15 minutes.
- Ready to pour the drink on the banks, roll up and wrap.
- You can add not only the pulp, but also the peel, having previously weathered in boiling water to remove bitterness.
How to weld the rosehip compote
Immunomodulatory effects exerted by dogrose infusion, turns the compote from this fruit into a drug. It can be drunk by almost all people. However, they still do not recommend it to some patients, every day and several glasses at a time.
ATTENTION! The drink, remaining on the enamel, can damage it, so after drinking your mouth, rinse it with clean water.
- 500 ml of water;
- 10 berries.
- Cooking time - 5-7 minutes. If the liquid boils longer, practically no beneficial substances will remain.
- When cooking rosemary compote, sugar can be added.
Cook compote of red or black currant
Ingredients (3-liter jar):
- 250 g of red currant;
- 250 g of black currant;
- 300 grams of sugar.
- If for harvesting to use fresh berries, you can close by the traditional method.
- If the compote is supposed to be consumed at the beginning of winter, the cooking technology can be simplified. For this, it is enough to boil the berries for 5 minutes, pour them into the cans and roll up.
- For longer storage and reliable preservation, after boiling, put the jars in a pot of water, the liquid level should reach the hanger, and boil for some time. For 3 liter cans, 20 minutes is enough, for liter cans - 10 minutes.
- After get, roll covers and wrap a warm scarf to cool completely.
An interesting and original recipe compote for the winter
Slightly sour and elegant compote in color is obtained from cranberries. The drink perfectly removes thirst and energizes.
- sugar - 200 g;
- cranberries - 200 g;
- water - 2 l;
- citric acid - one third tsp.
- When adding acid sterilization of the workpiece is not required.
- Berries for compote should not be crumpled and shriveled, they should be carefully picked and rinsed out.
- The cooking method is optional.
Benefit and harm compote
Heat treatment of berries, fruits and fruits leads to the fact that the use of compote becomes doubtful. However, this does not mean that you should not drink it. On the contrary, the use significantly affects the mood of a person. The explanation is simple - compote contains sugars, which increase the level of the hormone of happiness.
Much more in compote of harmful properties. Drink is contraindicated:
- People who are obese.
- Those who have increased gas formation.
- During the diet.
- With exacerbations of diseases of the digestive tract.
- In case of individual intolerance to any ingredient in the composition.
- In violation of the chair.
Useful tips and interesting information
Despite the fact that to prepare a lot of knowledge is not required, useful information will not be superfluous.
- Strong boiling of the beverage during the cooking process is undesirable.
- As a sweetener, you can use sucrose, fructose and honey.
- Honey, in order to preserve useful substances, should be added at the end of the process.
- For a more intense taste, syrup before adding fruit and berries can be slightly salted (pinch enough).
- If you add a few drops of lemon juice, the color of the drink will become more vivid.
- Compote, when using soft fruits and berries, should be cooked for no longer than 7 minutes, and firm, such as apples and pears, 15 minutes.
There are not so many useful substances in the drink in question, but there is still a sense in canning stewed fruit for winter: pleasant taste, ease of preparation, "beneficial use of excess berries or fruits."