Each woman dreams of a beautiful and warm fur coat. But not everyone knows how to properly care for a luxurious wardrobe item. To keep fur coats from beaver and rabbit fur at home is easy. Following the care instructions, you can extend the life of the fur product.
Beaver Coat Cleaning
A beaver fur coat can decorate any woman of the fair sex. Appreciate such a fur for the ability to retain heat. In order not to lose these properties and attractive appearance, you need to perform the procedure correctly. You can use specialized expensive chemicals or give preference to affordable home remedies.
Effective folk methods
The following remedies are considered effective:
- Hot sand.
- Shampoo without dyes.
Having chosen a tool, prepare a comb or a stiff brush. With their help, comb the fur and return it to the original gloss. The long-haired fur is scratched in the direction of hair growth, and the short nap is against the direction.
Starch as a sorbent removes any contamination. Pour it on contaminated areas and gently rub it on the surface. Shake the remnants of the undercoat. If the starch is gray, repeat the procedure again. Similarly, you can use talc, semolina or hot sand.
Starch is used for small pollution. Manca - a substance with large particles, is used for severe pollution. Clean sand is the best choice for dry cleaning. Heat it in a clean pan.
The use of liquid ammonia is rational in two cases:
- The presence of dust, light pollution. Stir 100 ml of ammonia in a glass of water. In the resulting solution wet the fabric, wring out and wipe dirty places. In conclusion, the fur is wiped with a clean wet sponge and a dry cloth.
- The presence of oil, greasy traces. Mix a teaspoon of salt, 3 ml of ammonia and a glass of water. Using a sponge dipped in the solution, wipe the dirty areas. Remove residues with a damp towel. Dry the fur at room temperature.
Use shampoo for animals when there are no other means at hand. Dissolve a small amount of shampoo in a glass of water and wipe dirty areas. Next, the coat is dried and combed.
Long-term wearing of a beaver fur coat can lead to loss of gloss. To fix this, you need to use a sponge dipped in glycerin. You can add glycerin to the soap solution. Finally dry and brush the fur.
ATTENTION! The use of detergent for dishes and washing powder is prohibited. The use of household chemicals will spoil the appearance of a fur coat.
Manufacturers of specialized chemicals offer kits that provide comprehensive care for the product. It includes: cleaner, foam, fur restorer, brush, comb and gloves.
Separately, you can purchase wet wipes. With their help it is easy to get rid of pollution, for example, during a walk. You can also remove dirt from the lining.
How to clean the rabbit fur
Rabbit fur is delicate and delicate. Rabbit fur coat looks spectacular, and warms in the winter. The fur of the animal is considered capricious, therefore it needs special cleaning.
Folk remedies for cleaning rabbit fur will achieve purity and original shine. You can give preference to the following:
- Hydrogen peroxide.
Application of starch or talc:
- Fold the fur coat on a horizontal surface with the fur facing up.
- Sprinkle dirty starch.
- After a few minutes, shake the fur coat (you can not rub the rabbit fur, this can lead to damage).
- Carefully comb the fur.
- If necessary, repeat the procedure.
Suitable for cleaning vinegar mixed with water in equal proportions. Moisten a piece of cotton wool with the solution and wipe off any dirt. Another recipe - a glass of water and 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide.
Bran should be slightly heated in a clean frying pan and sprinkled on rabbit fur. They need to rub a little hands. After 2-3 minutes, get rid of the bran with a brush.
Household chemicals are represented by special compositions for cleaning rabbit fur. With their help, it is possible to achieve effective care. The set has a cleaner, restorer, foam, brush, comb and gloves. The restorer provides high-quality restoration of axial hair and the structure of the core. The use of foam is rational in the presence of serious stains, including traces of fat. And after cleaning the fur coat must be treated with a moth cleaner.
Features of cleaning white fur
White fur is beautiful, but marks. He is able to complement any image. However, many women are afraid to buy a white fur coat, because they believe that cleaning them is a difficult task. This is not true if you follow some recommendations.
Use white powder for cleaning. These include: talc, semolina, starch. Their advantage is the absence of dyes in the composition.
You can use hydrogen peroxide. You need to mix it with water and wipe the fur coat. At the same time do not need to flush.
Pros and cons of home cleaning
Home cleaning has several advantages:
- Price availability.
- Ease of implementation.
- Speed in receiving result.
- Everything you need is at hand.
There are some disadvantages:
- The probability of damage to the fur.
- Personal time spent.
Useful tips will help extend the life of the product and take care of its attractiveness.
- Clean the coat in the event that dirt is visible. Care is required regularly. Before long summer storage, you need to clean the product so that you can immediately put it on in the winter.
- It is impossible to dry a fur coat near heating devices.
- Do not use alcohol-containing solutions.
- To give the product a scent, you can store bags of fragrant herbs next to it.
- Ironing is not allowed even from the lining side. It may shrink or stretch.
- It is impossible to erase, it will lead to damage.
Fur cleaning is a difficult, responsible matter. Following the instructions and recommendations, it will be possible to prevent damage, to maintain an attractive look and warming properties of a piece of clothing.