Even regular processing does not always save from the formation of a layer of fat and scale on the surface of the pan. To clean the coating of contamination can be yourself at home. There are several effective ways to combat grime.
Other effective methods
"Home-made" products from natural ingredients do not always cope with the problem of pollution with one hundred percent success. To solve it, you can use another option of intensive exposure to greasy soot. This is a complex treatment under the influence of high temperature:
- The product is placed in the oven, filled with water with soda diluted in it, vinegar and a small amount of special anti-fat.
- Heat the pan for a few minutes.
- Rinse with water, pre-cool to avoid cracking of the coating.
When using household chemicals, it is important to follow safety rules that will help avoid loss of functionality due to the aggressive effects of chemicals.
- Before work it is necessary to make mechanical cleaning of a baking sheet. For the procedure, a kitchen spatula is used, with which the dirt is scraped off, then the remnants are removed with paper napkins.
- Chemistry is applied evenly or sprayed onto the surface and left for 20 minutes.
- It is important to carefully study the instructions, as you need to add water to some types of chemistry.
- After the specified time, wearing protective rubber gloves on your hands, clean the baking sheet with a washcloth and rinse under water with a tap.
- Then put in the oven, where warm air will complete the job.
How to clean pans from different materials
The modern selection of kitchen utensils is huge. In addition to the baking sheets of steel and aluminum, there were other types, made of delicate materials, the treatment of which must be careful. Cleaning silicone, ceramic, Teflon, glass and enamelled trays eliminates the use of hard sponges and products that contain abrasive particles. The method of cleaning the baking sheet from carbon depends on the material:
- stainless steel (stainless steel)
The listed materials can "react" differently to certain cleaning products, and require careful handling. Therefore, it is important to carefully select the method of cleaning.
|Baking tray material||Precautions and practical advice||Cleaning method|
|Silicone and Teflon||Delicate cleaning of a Teflon or silicone baking tray is carried out using a soft sponge and a washing gel, which contains no acids.||Silicone trays before cleaning soaked overnight in warm water with the addition of soap.|
Cleaning burnt Teflon sheet takes place in several stages:
|Glass, ceramics, enamel||The surfaces of these materials are capricious during operation, but they should be cleaned with hard washcloths. It is important to wear protective rubber gloves on your hands before carrying out the procedure.||It is better to clean immediately after cooking, soaking in warm water with dishwashing liquid. For effective purification, you can use a small amount of hydrogen peroxide.|
|Stainless steel||When cleaning a stainless steel pan, it is undesirable to use abrasives and coarse metal sponges, since an intense impact on the surface may scratch it.||Stainless steel baking sheet is easily cleaned from soot with warm soda gruel, which must be evenly distributed over the surface and left for 2 hours. Then wash with a kitchen sponge with the addition of a cleaning gel.|
Alternatively, baking powder can be used as an alternative to baking soda.
|Aluminum||The aluminum baking tray withstands rough handling with a metal brush and fine powder.||To remove the remnants of burnt food from aluminum baking sheets will help the usual dishwashing detergent, the main thing is to wipe off contamination with a metal brush.|
General tips and tricks
- When home cleaning trays from "capricious" materials is not recommended to use abrasive powdered substances. To preserve the functionality and avoid scratches on the coating, it is better to use soft sponges and gels.
- To make the pan less soiled, it is necessary to cover the bottom with baking paper before cooking, which will provide protection from fatty drops on the surface and burnt food particles. Instead of parchment, you can sprinkle flour.
- If you have a modern oven in your home that has a self-cleaning function, you should use it to clean a burnt pan.
- It is better to wash the baking sheet immediately after eating or leave soaked with the addition of dishwashing liquid, after having removed with a paper towel or spatula any excess fat and food residue.
- Plaque will accumulate more slowly if you dry the dishes dry with a towel after washing, because they may contain particles of fat in drops of water and settle on the surface.
Choosing the best way to clean the pan from a particular material, removing the fat layer and stuck carbon from the surface is not difficult. It is preferable to use natural substances, because the use of household chemicals poses a danger to both the quality of the pan and to human health.