Tar is a product of wood pyrolysis (distillation), oily to the touch, dark brown or bluish. It contains volatile production, xylene, cresol, phenol, organic acids, as well as resin and is a natural antiseptic. From the bark of birch produces tar called "birch tar" or "Russian oil".
Useful properties of tar soap
This product has a positive effect not only on the condition of the skin, but also on the hair, although the list of advantages is much wider.
- Helps to get rid of skin rashes, in the treatment of psoriasis.
- Used to get rid of lice.
- Widely used in cosmetology.
- Heals wounds.
- It can be used to eliminate bedsores, helps with frostbite or burns.
- Used to treat and prevent fungal diseases.
- It has a detox effect.
- Solves the delicate problems of women's health.
This is not all advantages. Below I will tell in more detail about the properties of this natural and useful substance.
Harm and contraindications
Like any other drug, has a number of contraindications, and may be harmful if used improperly. It is important to know the nuances of the application, so as not to harm, but to extract the maximum benefit.
- If you first use tar soap, watch for sensations. A slight burning sensation is allowed, but intense itching should be a signal to stop all procedures.
- May cause flaking of the skin, so those who naturally have dry skin should use it in local and limited quantities.
In most cases, the soap does not cause much harm, so you can use it, and not worry about the occurrence of serious side effects.
How to apply tar soap
Soap is perfect for eliminating inflammation and for improving blood circulation. It activates cell regeneration, has a peeling, whitening effect. It can be used for the following problems:
- For the treatment of scabies, leprosy, normalization of the sebaceous glands, reduction of scars, narrowing of enlarged pores, face whitening. They can wash, make lotions and compresses, peels.
- To restore the integrity of the epidermis of the scalp. Reduce sebum secretion, remove dandruff, restore and restore vital energy to curls, improve hair growth, lighten the tone of dyed hair. For washing the head it is better to use a soap solution, which is washed off with warm water.
- For intimate hygiene. Allows you to protect the sensitive mucous and vagina from fungi and bacteria, eliminates thrush. It is recommended to use no more than twice a week. Strengthen the effect will help herbal decoctions.
- Acne uses a point mask: for cooking, you need to scrape off a little soap from the bar and apply a small amount on pimples. Do the procedure at home for half an hour before bedtime. Wash off the mask with warm water. The result is noticeable in the morning: pimples either disappear or significantly decrease. Mask make up to complete cleansing of the skin from rashes. You can also apply with pimples on the back.
- Helps to eliminate lice, but - not a panacea, as the nits do not disappear. Moreover, it is necessary to use other drugs for head lice. Effective will be only with prolonged contact with lice - at least 40 minutes a day.
- With psoriasis, it relieves inflammation and regenerates the skin, has a disinfecting effect.
- When nail fungus disinfects, relieves inflammation, stops itching and helps to restore the nail plate and skin. Can be used for cleansing, make lotions and compresses with fungus.
Use in cosmetology
Cosmetologists do not recommend constantly washing with tar soap for the reason that its components contain substances that dry out the skin. This is certainly harmful and the breaks between courses are necessary: we use 14 days and rest for 10 days.
If you wash with birch tar-based soap and feel tight, apply a moisturizer.
For hair, cosmetologists recommend using shampoos based on tar, but their effectiveness is lower. Shampoo is applied as follows: to distribute the hair in massage movements and hold for a few minutes. Then the soap base is washed off with warm water. The curls damaged by a curl or coloring get a second life. It is necessary to apply tar shampoo or soap 2-3 times a week until you see the result.
Opinion and feedback from doctors
You can use tar soap as a preventive measure and without consulting a doctor. But with the appearance of skin diseases, be sure to consult a doctor for examination and diagnosis. Self-treatment may not be sufficiently effective and long-term, which in some cases is unacceptable due to the infectious nature of the disease.
Doctors say that soap on the basis of tar is not the key to solving all problems, but only one of the components to achieve a therapeutic effect.
Useful information and tips
Those who have held tar soap in their hands at least once in their life, note the presence of a sharp, unpleasant smell and the appearance of dry skin. But these unpleasant moments can be minimized with proper use.
Store soap should be in a closed-type soap dish to prevent deacidification and odor distribution.
There are many varieties of tar-based products in the stores and most of them contain chemical additives. Be attentive before purchasing, and review the information on the packaging.
Tar soap - a cosmetic rather than a drug, therefore, for therapeutic purposes it is used in complex therapy.
The effectiveness of soap is proved by time. It is used to solve dermatological problems, get rid of lice, eliminate thrush and nail fungus. The main thing is timeliness. So, some people, knowing about their predisposition to pustular rash, carry out systematic prophylaxis to prevent skin problems. Before use, it is better to consult a doctor who will prescribe additional procedures to achieve a quick effect.