Chia seeds are popular among health-conscious people who lead an active lifestyle. These small grains cause keen interest due to a wide range of useful qualities. There is a lot of talk around them. So what is their benefit, how to apply them to achieve maximum effect?
To list briefly the benefits for the female body is difficult. During the planning period of pregnancy, the tool affects the growth of the endometrium, normalizes the functioning of the ovaries. This has a beneficial effect on the process of fertilization. In addition, regulates the cycle of menstruation, reducing pain syndromes.
During pregnancy, a positive effect on the mother's body and the development of the baby, on the formation of vital organs.
It is noted that in the period of lactation increases the fat content of milk. But after giving birth, the female body, more than ever, needs vitamins and minerals. Beneficial effect of the seeds on the growth and condition of hair, nails. Restore hormonal balance, prevent depression, stabilizing the psychological state.
The positive moments in the period of a menopause are revealed. Restore hormonal balance, relieve stress.
In cooking used for cooking. The seed oil can be used to aromatize the room, used in combination with other oils. Use in equal parts with flax seeds has a beneficial effect on the general condition.
Based on scientific research, a beneficial effect on the prostate gland has been identified, thereby preventing cancer. Saturating the body with microelements increases endurance, which is especially important when playing sports and physical exertion. Increases reproductive function, improving the quality of sperm.
Growing children's body needs natural vitamins and trace elements. Chia - a source that compensates for their lack. Added to baby food, dairy products.
- Iron deficiency (anemia) is a frequent satellite of a growing organism, which affects the general condition of the child.
- Consuming seeds compensates for iron deficiency.
- It normalizes the endocrine system, helps to improve metabolism.
- Ensures the normal functioning of the cardiovascular system.
- It promotes immunity.
- It has a positive effect on the formation of the skeleton, teeth.
Harm and contraindications
No serious contraindications have been identified, but taking into account individual factors, health can be injured.
- High amounts of dietary fiber can cause excessive gas formation.
- Strongly absorb water. It is necessary to drink enough liquid in order not to earn dehydration.
- Not compatible with aspirin and anticoagulants.
- May cause an allergic reaction, they should be taken with caution, especially during pregnancy and lactation. White seeds are less allergenic.
How and why use chia in traditional medicine
Seeds are used for the prevention and treatment of traditional medicine.
- With diabetes in combination with strawberries. Improve the patient's condition, reducing the sugar content. Combine with a decoction of leaves of lingonberry or blueberry. Used and plant collection: a decoction of juniper, burdock root. Seeds (teaspoon) are added to the broth, after swelling are drunk.
- With constipation to normalize the digestive tract. It is recommended to take a teaspoon on an empty stomach with a glass of water. Breakfast in a few hours.
- Daily intake as part of regular meals improves the functioning of the musculoskeletal system.
The use of seeds in cosmetology
Due to the presence of a large number of useful components, seeds are widely used in cosmetology.
- In the composition of the scrub used ground grain.
- Some cosmetics contain seed oil, which has a tightening effect on the skin, tones and moisturizes.
- In the form of masks. Cosmetologists advise to add crushed chia to the composition of masks from natural ingredients, depending on the type of skin. Grind grains mixed with yogurt and egg yolk. Apply, soak for half an hour. To clean your face and prevent acne: Mix ground seeds with chia oil and honey.
How to use chiy seeds for weight loss
Due to the property of rapid saturation and long-term effect of satiety is widely used in programs for losing weight. Able to absorb and remove toxins from the body, but it is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics and the rules of administration to maximize the effect.
There are three ways to use:
- In its pure form, consuming a large amount of water. Recommended for half an hour before meals. Reduce appetite, saturate, which helps to eat smaller portions of food.
- It is recommended to drink a vitamin smoothie drink on an empty stomach, and the next meal only after 3-4 hours.
- Adding to the composition of dishes.
ON A NOTE! Seeds contribute to the breakdown of fats, in addition to a general decrease in appetite, suppress the craving for sweets.
How and what to cook with chia
The advantage of seeds is a neutral taste that allows you to add them to various dishes.
- Cooking yogurt and jelly. Possessing a hydrophilic property, they are able to thicken liquid products, therefore they are widely used in the preparation of yoghurts and jelly from juices.
- Lemon water Chia. Soak half a cup of seeds in 1.5 liters of water. Add a glass of lemon juice. After swelling, the drink is ready to drink. If desired, you can pour mint infusion instead of water.
- Cereal Cookies Prepare shortbread dough, add ground chia, flakes (oatmeal), flax seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds (according to your taste). Form a cookie, put on a greased baking sheet, bake at 180 ° C until ready.
- Vitamin smoothie. In the milk, soak the seeds, after swelling, beat in a blender with berries, banana or other fruits.
Useful tips and interesting information
Mention of Chia seeds goes to ancient times. Entries about them are recorded in the Codex Mendoza, which belongs to the culture of the Aztecs. They were one of the main plants along with beans and corn for human consumption. Served as a means of calculation. They were used in longevity recipes. Women rubbed their skin, used in makeup makeup - surprising their well-groomed. Sage was so important among the Aztecs that the Spanish conquistadors, wanting to destroy this great civilization, systematically destroyed its crops.
In whatever form the seeds are used: in a clean, in drinks or in the composition of a dish - if used correctly, they will provide invaluable benefits to the body.