Many people know the unpleasant situation when they cannot fall asleep at night - 30 minutes of sleeping in the beds does not lead to the desired result, and in the morning there is only a feeling of weakness and lethargy. To help with the problem will be able to special techniques and exercises that are effective for quickly falling asleep. Learning the proper breathing technique, finding the most comfortable position of the body, and sometimes using additional stimulation to relax the brain in the form of auto-training: all this will allow you to fall asleep in just one to five minutes and ensure a good and healthy sleep.
Effective relaxation techniques
- Slow counting combined with deep and equally slow inhalations and exhalations will help to relax the brain, preparing the body for sleep. The first inhalation is carried out after the score reaches the figure of four, then the breath is held for a few seconds, then a quiet exhalation is made along with the count to eight. It is important to focus only on your own breathing and counting - so the heartbeat will slow down, and unnecessary thoughts will leave your head.
- Mentally imagining a relaxing landscape panorama, one can practically enter a meditative state, since pictures of nature, visualized in calm and pleasant images, contribute to mental and physical relaxation.
- Progressive muscle relaxation also helps to fall asleep quickly. This technique involves the implementation of a series of sequential actions - deep breathing, followed by the tension of one muscle group. It is important to feel each and every cell of the body this growing tension, and after maximally relax the muscles and imagine how this "tension" smoothly leaves the body.
- Reception before going to bed a hot bath or shower will warm and relax the body. Contrasting temperatures - hot water and cool air in the room will favorably affect the speed of falling asleep.
- Keeping a personal journal can become a definite night ritual that will help you fall asleep. Often, obsessive thoughts and thinking about the situations that occurred during the day make it difficult to relax. Therefore, it is worth "throwing" them out of your head on paper, thereby getting rid of stress provoking insomnia.
What can you eat at night?
A number of well-known "unwritten" rules states that before bedtime it is better not to eat anything and go to bed with an empty stomach. The maximum that can satisfy the feeling of hunger - a glass of water. However, such judgments are fundamentally wrong, because there are many useful products that will not only help you fall asleep, but will also improve your well-being, will relax the nervous system correctly and will not harm the figure.
(wholegrain muesli, crackers with low-fat cheese).
|The consumption of foods heavy for the stomach at night will have a negative impact not only on the process of falling asleep, but also on the general condition of the body. A light snack of whole-grain food, by contrast, will help you fall asleep as soon as possible without harm to health. After all, the digestion of complex carbohydrates will take a lot of time, which means that a long feeling of saturation will be provided, and the sleep cycle is not disturbed.||You can not snack on the night of ice cream, crackers or chips, as well as sweet snacks. The sugar content of these products is off the scale. Thus, having consumed a portion of simple carbohydrates before bedtime, the sugar level in the body will rise to a significant degree, and then will "slip" down again, which will cause insomnia.|
(cherry, sweet cherry).
|Often, the rate of falling asleep is influenced by such a factor as restless sleep, and the reason for this phenomenon lies in the presence of emotional experiences or lowering blood sugar to a critical point. Snacking berries with a sweet cherry or cherry will help to fill the body with the amount of glucose it needs.||Snacking such "sleepy hormones" is a couple of hours before bedtime, almond oil will help to enhance the effect of drowsiness. These products contain glucose, which can "hold out" in the body for the whole night.|
|Sources of melatonin|
(banana, pineapple, orange, tomato).
|Melatonin is a special hormone that can cause drowsiness with the onset of dark time of day.||There are even special medicines with the content of this tool, but it is better to take pills, prefer to use natural products with a high content of melatonin.|
(milk, tea with chamomile).
|A cup of warm and pleasant drinking before bed is a sure way to relax both physically and unload emotionally.||Chamomile tea or warm milk is the perfect way to fall asleep quickly. But drinks with caffeine content should never be consumed at night. You should also not “abuse” a large amount of liquid before bedtime, as it threatens with frequent awakenings in order to relieve a certain need.|
|Special supplements.||Natural decoction of valerian root - a powerful natural medicinal drink, effectively cope with insomnia.||Before using medicinal plants and supplements, you should consult with a specialist.|
The influence of lifestyle on the quality of sleep
The rate of falling asleep determines the adherence to the constant mode, so it is important to stay in bed at night and get out of bed in the morning at the same hours every day. Having developed such a habit, the body will already understand when to give a signal of fatigue for the upcoming rest. Waking up on time will always help setting the alarm, even on a day off.
To the process of falling asleep did not bring discomfort, will have to change the attitude to your own bedroom. You should not spend too much time there during the day - do work or just sit out for hours. The bedroom should be associated exclusively with night relaxation. Regular maintenance of cleanliness and a neat-looking room also contributes to the creation of conditions for a quick sleep.
One of the reasons for the difficulty in falling asleep is the excessive use of modern technology. Electronic gadgets completely knock the sleep cycle, because many people like to lie in bed at night with a mobile phone, watching the news feeds of social networks. It is strongly recommended to disconnect all devices an hour before going to bed.
The feeling of heaviness in the stomach due to overloading the digestive system after a hearty dinner also causes insomnia. It is necessary to abandon the heavy food for several hours before preparing for bed.
Training with a dynamic load is also worth the transfer to the morning time. Sports activity leads to an increase in body temperature, acceleration of the heart rhythm and stimulates chemical processes in the brain, preventing sleep.
Many prefer to sit on the couch during the day to take a nap. Such a habit adversely affects the quality of night sleep. It is necessary to overcome themselves and give up the "quiet hour" so that at night there are no problems with falling asleep.
Taking certain medications may also cause insomnia, so you should always consult a doctor.
What to do if you can not sleep and interfere with thought
The most common cause of problems with falling asleep is a person speaking an inner monologue. Obsessive thoughts that require rethinking arise against the background of emotional experiences associated with past events or from anxiety about forthcoming cases. To escape from such discussions and "self-digging", the following techniques will help.
- Ball against the sheep. Everyone is accustomed to counting sheep at bedtime, but the visualized image of the ball is much more effective. The ball appears to be gently swaying. In this case, the object spreads a wave around itself.
- Mental game with a mouse. You can imagine in front of you any object that will move away and come closer, as if it is rotated using the wheel of a computer mouse. Such mental focusing on action will help distract from anxious thoughts.
- Do as a scout. You must take a supine position, stretch and relax. Then roll your eyes (eyelids should be closed), but at the same time, do not overdo it with tension. So the eyeballs will be in their natural "place" when the deep sleep phase begins.
- 4 - 7 - 8. The technique is based on proper breathing: you need to breathe in with your nose for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, and then quietly breathe out with your mouth for eight seconds. Such breathing will reduce adrenaline and slow the pulse.
- Training for dynamic balance. You must take a comfortable position on your back, stretch yourself and start mentally spreading heat waves and a feeling of heaviness to all parts of the body. It is important to feel in detail how the sensation spreads through the body, touching the tips of the fingers, the top of the head, the chin, and even the ears.
- Journey to the past. Discarding all emotional assessments, scroll through the events of the day past. Watch everything happening from the side, as if in a movie.
- Restore a dream. You can recall the most pleasant dream, which only ever had to see. If this is difficult to remember, invent your own "memory", paying attention to the sensations when building the picture, where everything is utopian perfect.
- Reverse Blink. Close your eyes, open them for a moment and close again. Exercise repeat after 10 seconds. Such a "blinking the opposite" will help to relax and cause a drowsy state.
- Alphabetical words. An interesting and relaxing lesson before bedtime is inventing for each letter of the alphabet a word consisting of three letters first, then four letters, and so on. No need to try to think words - just read them as they come to mind. Monotonous work just "turn off" the tired brain.
- The music of silence. Learn to listen to silence, this is the key to a quick onset of sleep. It is important to be distracted from extraneous noises from behind the window, and listen attentively to silence.
- Hypnosis on yourself. In the most relaxed posture and with calm breathing, repeat mentally the settings of the type: “My body is becoming more and more relaxed”, “I will sleep sweetly as soon as I count from one hundred to zero,” and then start this countdown of your own exhalations.
Respiratory gymnastics - exercises that help you fall asleep for 1 minute
Falling asleep in just one minute is not only possible, but also quite simple. Using special breathing techniques, you can achieve excellent success in the practice of fast falling asleep in just sixty seconds.
|"Memorization"||The effect of this technique can be felt only by repeating the recommendations for proper breathing at bedtime, for a couple of months, twice a day. And then, after a break of one month, again carry out eight repetitions at once.|
|"Sleepy breathing"||Inhalation according to this method activates the emotional background, exhalation provokes the body to calm and relax.||Each of their respiratory phases is a five-second inhalation with a stop and an exhalation with the same duration of time. Between them must be done, a break also for 5 seconds. With the achievement of success in practice in the use of this technique, you can increase the time to ten seconds.|
|"Breath on ten"||This exercise allows a person to turn off his attention from the inner monologue and "pacify" an agitated psyche.||It is necessary to count your own breaths and exhalations, continuing the counting only up to ten, and then repeating the cycle again. To fall asleep quickly, you need no more than three cyclic repetitions of the count.|
How to help your child fall asleep quickly
Healthy and high-quality children's sleep is an important component of the growth and development of the child. As a rule, for young children, the optimal time for rest is 12-14 hours a day. For older age - 10-11. Causes that cause sleep disturbance may be hidden in illness, malnutrition or psychological factors. To help your child fall asleep, you can use the following tips.
- Turn on the relaxing melody or sing a lullaby for the child. The voice of the parents is the most pleasant sound that provides peace, protection and safety.
- Sometimes a child cannot fall asleep because of the fear that the parents will not be around when he wakes up. Promise at the time of laying that you will be there at the time of his awakening. And be sure to keep your word. This procedure is periodically repeated, increasing the time "promises". So the child will gradually get used to falling asleep and waking up without parents.
- Reading good, children's books for the night is an effective family tradition that can create a miracle and quickly put a restless baby to sleep.
- Warmed milk is a classic way to quickly fall asleep. Dairy products contain L-tryptophan, which is responsible for the activity of serotonin and melatonin in the brain. It also has a psychological aspect, because it was mother's milk that helped create a cozy warmth along with a drowsy, pleasant sensation in infancy.
- Convenience and comfort in the children's room plays an important role for the quality sleep of the child. It is important to monitor the temperature in the nursery, humidity, lighting and comfortable bedding, pajamas.
- The playing method of counting five things is what a child can see, hear and feel. This will help the baby's brain to relax and plunge into a sweet dream.
- Too busy schedule of the day, can affect children's sleep, so it is useful to somewhat "slow down" extracurricular activities to avoid violations of the night mode.
- It is important for a child to feel not alone during a night's sleep, therefore many children like to fall asleep with their favorite toys. You should not save them from this habit, but, on the contrary, make sure that the true "friend" is always there.
How to recognize insomnia - symptoms and signs
A global problem is the violation of a healthy day and night regimen. The concept of insomnia implies not only the absence of prolonged sleep, but also the presence of difficulties with the very process of falling asleep, which provokes poor health in the morning. To restore energy reserves, an ordinary person needs an average of 5-6 hours of night rest. With excellent health indicators, no more than 10 minutes are spent falling asleep, and the sleep itself proceeds without awakenings with a feeling of cheerfulness in the morning. A completely different picture emerges in people suffering from insomnia. You can cope with such an unpleasant phenomenon yourself with the help of special exercises, various techniques or folk remedies. However, before taking any action, it is important to determine the cause of the problem.
- The conditions in which a person feels uncomfortable - noises, bright light, stuffiness or cold, odors, uncomfortable mattress or bed linen.
- The use of food, causing the excitability of the nervous system.
- Lifestyle changes, introducing short-term changes into the usual rhythm - traveling, business trips, sleeping outside the home, changing places.
- The presence of stressful situations in life, an obsession with disturbing thoughts and experiences, a tendency to excessive emotionality.
- Diseases and changes in the hormonal background of the body, medication, in the list of side effects of which there is a risk of disrupting the normal sleep pattern.
How to treat insomnia safely by folk methods
Traditional medicine offers many recipes that not only help you fall asleep quickly, but permanently get rid of insomnia. And the first thing that needs to be done is to review the way of life and nutrition. Be sure to enter into the daily menu the use of foods that contain melatonin - a real natural "drowsiness hormone", and L-tryptophan: turkey meat, pumpkin seeds, seafood, milk, nuts and eggs. It is also worth eating cabbage, vegetables and bananas rich in magnesium.
Conducting special rituals before going to sleep at home will help to establish a healthy sleep: warm relaxing baths, meditation, creating comfort in the bedroom.
A great way would be the preparation of herbal infusions of sedative action. They can be used as an additive for baths or used as aromatic oils.
In cases where all technology and folk remedies are powerless in front of insomnia, you should contact an experienced doctor.