Pike is a cunning predatory fish, which is not easy to catch. If lucky, every fisherman is proud of it and gladly carries the trophy home. Especially popular is baked whole pike. It will be the highlight of the festive table.
Before preparing a fish dish, it is important to properly process the carcass. To save time, pay attention to the following points:
- Rinse the carcass several times and dry it with paper napkins. After that, lay on the chopping plastic board with your head to the left. So that it does not slide on the table, put a wet towel under it. Remove all excess dishes with paper towels.
- Pike tail plentifully sprinkle with salt - this will ensure a secure hold in your hand during processing. The fins are removed with scissors.
- Scales removed from tail to head. At the same time to keep a knife at an acute angle. Movement should be smooth and light. This will prevent damage to the carcass, and preserve the appearance of the future dishes. At the end, rinse in a basin of water and eliminate the remnants of scales.
- When the scales are eliminated, cut the cartilage at the junction of the head and belly. After this, cut and remove the internal organs from the peritoneum. If damage has occurred, rub the inside of the salt with salt and rinse thoroughly. Do not forget about the gills. At the last stage, remove the air bubble and blood clots.
- Next, separate the pulp from the skin. Do not cut off the head. This process is performed when the stuffed pike is cooked.
It is necessary to clean immediately after defrosting or purchase using the described technology.
Calorie baked pike
Pike lives in ponds, among a variety of algae. This explains the specific smell of meat. It belongs to the 3rd grade because of the presence of a large number of bones. But, it only indirectly affects the dietary and biological value.
In meat there are no carbohydrates, it consists of easily digestible proteins. The energy value is 84 kcal / 100 g. Due to this pike is a valuable component of the diet. Often it is used in diseases of the digestive tract. The presence of nutrients allows you to restore the normal functioning of the nervous system, prevent thyroid disease.
Pike meat contains a large amount of minerals and vitamins. The main components are:
- Folic acid.
- Molybdenum and others.
Of course, we must not forget that the protein of fish meat is a strong allergen, so it should be used carefully.
Bake whole pike in foil
There is a lot of different recipes, with which you can cook a delicious pike. A common option is to bake in foil entirely. During cooking, it is recommended to use sour cream to make a juicy and tasty dish.
- Pike - 500-600 g.
- Sour cream - 150 g.
- Seasoning for fish.
- Sunflower oil.
- Clean the fish and eliminate the internal organs. All fins trim neatly. Wash carcass under running water.
- Mix seasoning with salt, and carefully rub the carcass inside and out. Sprinkle with a little lemon juice. Leave for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Wash the parsley and finely chop. Then add to the glass with sour cream.
- Foil cover the form and grease thoroughly with oil to prevent sticking during cooking.
- Put the pike and carefully grease the cooked sauce. Sprinkle with vegetable oil and seal the foil tightly.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees and place in her form. Bake for half an hour.
To get a golden crust, in half an hour to open the foil, bake for another 10 minutes. As a side dish, suitable rice or potatoes.
The dish has an unusual taste. It will be an original decoration of the holiday table. It will take about three hours to prepare, so it is better to start preparing for a feast in advance.
- Pike - 1.5 kg.
- Greens - 50 g
- Buckwheat - 250 g
- Mayonnaise - 50 ml.
- Tomatoes - 3 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - 50 ml.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Bulgarian pepper.
- Spices to taste.
- Clean the carcass from the scales. Carefully open the belly, remove the insides. Separate the head, trim the fins with scissors. Wash thoroughly under running water and dry with paper towel.
- Cook buckwheat porridge, pre-washed cereal.
- Vegetables wash and peel. Pepper, onion and tomato finely chop. Cut carrots into large pieces.
- Fry the onions and carrots in vegetable oil, stirring until they are soft.
- In the cooked porridge add Bulgarian pepper, fried, chopped greens. All salt and mix thoroughly.
- Season the carcass and smear with mayonnaise. Then fill the finished filling. The edges of the abdomen gently fasten with toothpicks or sew thread.
- Cover the form with foil and grease. Put the fish, tightly wrap and send in a preheated oven. Bake for at least 45 minutes at a temperature of 220 degrees.
After the set time has elapsed, open the foil and send the baking sheet to the oven for another quarter of an hour. A golden crust forms on the surface of the finished dish.
Pike with potatoes and mayonnaise
Pike with potatoes in the oven is a great solution. Vegetables are soaked with fish juice, which will give them an original taste. The result is a tasty and satisfying dish. Preparing it at home is very simple.
- Pike - 2 kg.
- Potatoes - 6-8 pcs.
- Onions - 4 pcs.
- Mayonnaise 320
- Clean the fish and remove the insides. Cut the gills, otherwise they will give the taste a little bitterness. Rinse under running water.
- Spices mix and grate the carcass.
- Peel the onions. Wash lemon and cut into rings, and then into quarters.
- Place a few pieces of lemon in the belly to get rid of the specific smell of tina. Put onion rings on lemon. To fasten an abdomen with toothpicks or to sew up threads.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. If the tubers are large, cut into several pieces. Put the potatoes in a bowl. Add mayonnaise and spices, mix.
- Prepare the form. Cover with foil and grease. Put the pike in the center, and the potatoes on the sides.
- Wrap in foil and bake for 40 minutes at 200 degrees. At the end, uncover the dish and bake for another 10 minutes.
If a large pike was used for cooking, it is worth checking its readiness. If necessary, the baking time can be increased. The result will be a ready-made dish with a side dish that is not comparable in taste.
Tasty pike pieces with vegetables
The recipe is ideal for housewives who do not have time to engage in tiresome butchering fish. Of course, you still have to take care of cleaning and removing the unpleasant smell.
- Pike - 1.5-2 kg.
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Basil and parsley.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Sour cream - 200 ml.
- Spices (black pepper, salt and ground coriander).
- Clean and gut the fish. Wash thoroughly and drizzle with lemon. Leave for 5 minutes. Cut into pieces. You can use the finished fillet or the whole carcass.
- Cook the marinade. Add salt, spices and chopped garlic to sour cream. To mix everything. Grease the fish and leave to marinate for an hour.
- Wash vegetables, peel and cut into slices. Cover the baking sheet with foil and grease. Posting vegetables and fish.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees and place into it a form. Bake for half an hour.
When cooking, consider the size of the carcass. If it is large, it is better to increase the baking time.
Pike diet recipes
Pike is a low-fat fish. The fat content does not exceed 3%, so it is often used in the diet. The composition of the meat contains a large amount of minerals and vitamins. This is its usefulness for health. If you enter such a product in the diet, you can adjust the work of many body systems, and prevent the emergence of new diseases.
There are many recipes with which you can cook fish without problems. Of course, the best are those, as a result of processing of which all useful properties are preserved. These methods include:
- Stuffed pike.
Before we consider these options in detail, consider some recommendations from experienced chefs. First of all, it concerns the skin, which is a useless part. It is better to get rid of it immediately. This also applies to the ridge with large bones.
The dish can be put on a festive table or used in everyday life. To cook delicious burgers, you must follow the technology exactly.
- Pike cut - 1 kg.
- A loaf of white bread - 150 g.
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Milk - 100 ml.
- Garlic - 4 cloves.
- Egg - 2 pcs.
- Butter - 2 tbsp. l
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. l
- Spices to taste.
- Cut the fish into pieces and mince. There send the onion, garlic, herbs and loaf, pre-soaked in milk. In the resulting mass, drive eggs, add vegetable and butter. Season and knead minced.
- To form round or oval cakes of small thickness. Roll in breadcrumbs and fry in vegetable oil.
The result is tender and juicy cutlets. They can be served with any side dish or with vegetable salad.
From pike you get a healthy and aromatic ear, which is not tastier in the whole world. The recipe is pretty simple. Each mistress will cope with it.
- Heads of pikes - 500 g.
- Fish fillet - 500 g
- Potatoes - 5 pcs.
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Vegetable oil.
- Lemon juice.
- Nutmeg and ginger.
- Peel the fish and cut into small pieces. Place in a 3.5 liter pot of water. Add a little green, one onion and bay leaf.
- Put on the fire and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, then get the head and separate the meat from the bones. Return the pot to the stove and simmer the broth over a low heat for an hour.
- Peel and slice the potatoes. Fry with onions in vegetable oil.
- Strain the broth, and then pour the potatoes with onions, crackers, nuts and spices. Put on the fire and cook for another 10 minutes. After that, let it brew.
This is how this traditional Russian dish is cooked - pike ear. Of course, you can cook other dishes. Their list is varied, for example, a stuffed pike in the oven will be a good option for lunch.
To prepare a tasty meal without the hassle, you must consider some of the tricks of processing the main ingredient.
- To eliminate the smell of tina, it is necessary to soak the pike in water with vinegar or lemon juice. Also milk can do this task easily. It is necessary to soak the carcass for several hours. A good option would be a lemon. If you pour juice on meat, it will remove the unpleasant smell.
- When cooking, consider the combination of products. The best flavor composition will be with basil, black allspice, parsley, carrots and onions. Therefore, pay attention to the recipes, where there are such ingredients.
- To improve the taste of meat, rub the carcass with spices and leave for an hour.
Despite the fact that pike is a fish of the 3rd grade, it is very popular. This is due to its low-calorie and delicious meat, which turns a simple dish into a culinary masterpiece. As for the main disadvantages, such as an unpleasant smell and numerous bones, they can be easily handled. To do this, be patient and use some culinary secrets.