In summer, the scorching rays of the sun have a negative effect on hair. Strands become dry and brittle. Under the influence of winter frosts, they lose their vitality, brilliance and attractiveness. Daily use of hair dryers and irons contributes to the disruption of the structure and the appearance of split ends.
Preparation and precautions
Before the procedure, you need cleansing, nutrition and hydration. Hair should be thoroughly washed with deeply cleansing shampoo at least 2 times and rinsed with running water. Then moisturize well: apply a nourishing balm or conditioner enriched with vitamins and wash off after 5-10 minutes.
Why do I need to laminate hair?
Lamination is shown for any type of hair with different lengths. With proper observance of all proportions, it gives a positive result and has the following advantages:
- Helps to achieve an increase in hair volume.
- Get soft, silky and smooth strands.
- Return the lost shine.
- Restore the split ends, due to the enveloping effect.
- Strands stop electrifying.
- Guaranteed safety procedures.
- The minimum cost.
The procedure is also suitable for colored hair. When properly executed, the protective film continues to feed each curl for a long time, prevents premature leaching of color pigments, while maintaining a rich color.
Effective home lamination recipes
There are a large number of laminating compositions that can be easily prepared at no cost and without cost.
Gelatin based mask
- Gelatin without dyes.
- Purified water.
- Any mask for hair.
- Wheat germ oil or any other that suits your hair type.
Preparation and use:
Soak gelatin in warm water in a ratio of 1 to 3 and allow to completely dissolve.
When all the grains of gelatin have dissolved, add a mask, oil and stir.
Apply the gelatinous mask on wet curls, periodically combing with a large comb and wrap in cellophane. Leave the composition for 40 - 60 minutes, then rinse with running water.
Decoction of flax and hop seeds
Hop, which is part of the broth, gives volume, it is used as a bactericidal and as a means to strengthen the hair structure. And flax seeds guarantee a healthy shine and protect against external factors.
For the preparation of broth need cones hop and flax seeds in equal proportions. 1 tablespoon of them insist in hot water for about 30 minutes, and then filtered 2 times. There are two options for using the tool:
- Add 1 tablespoon of starch to the thickness of the structure, and then apply as a mask for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair after washing.
Both methods give excellent results, the hair looks healthy and shiny.
Egg yolk contains a large amount of nutrients that help maintain a healthy balance and vitality of hair. And protein envelops each curl, creating a brilliant protective film.
- 1 egg;
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice;
- Shampoo or hair mask;
- 1 teaspoon of castor or burdock oil.
- Mix all components and apply for 30 minutes under a plastic wrap or cap, wrap with a towel on top.
- After the procedure, rinse with warm water.
This mask is also good for stimulating hair follicles and hair growth.
Laminating mask with the addition of kefir - nourishing and useful.
- Kefir - 4 tablespoons.
- Burdock oil or olive oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Mayonnaise - 1 tablespoon.
- Mix the products and apply the resulting pasty mixture and spread on the strands, leave for 25-45 minutes under the cap, warming with a towel.
- When finished, wash your hair with shampoo.
Coconut Milk Laminating Compound
Coconut milk is rich in B vitamins, contains calcium and omega acids, which are useful for nourishing the hair structure, and lauric acid helps to make the strands obedient, soft and smooth.
- Coconut milk.
- Starch potato or corn.
- Olive oil.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Preparation and use:
- To the juice from half a lemon, add 1.5-2 tablespoons of starch, stir to a homogeneous structure without lumps.
- Separately, in a ratio of 3 to 1, mix coconut and olive oil. Then combine butter, lemon juice, starch. Over low heat, do not bring to a boil, wait until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Apply the mask on clean damp hair, spreading well over the entire length.
- Put on a hat and wrap a head with a towel.
- After 1.5 hours, rinse with shampoo and dry the strands without a hair dryer.
Professional tools - instructions and examples
In the cosmetics stores there is a range of professional hair lamination products. I will list the drugs that deserve attention.
Sebastian laminates cellophanes
A set of laminating agent, a shampoo for the volume and a vitamin protein mask.
Apply shampoo to thoroughly washed hair with a brush and comb, then put on a plastic cap. Hold for 15 minutes, warming periodically with a hair dryer to enhance the effect. After washing off and apply the mask for 5-7 minutes.
Means of the company "Hair Company"
Represent two types of laminating agents: for straight and curly hair.
The kit includes:
- Cleansing and restoring shampoo.
- The composition for laminating the hot phase.
- Composition for laminating the cold phase.
- Moisturizing oil.
- The restoring mask.
Instructions for use:
- On clean hair, washed with pre-shampoo by the same company, the hot phase is applied and kept for 10 minutes with heating or 20 minutes without heat exposure.
- Then apply the oil included in the set.
- In the second phase, apply the second agent and hold for 5-7 minutes. After rinse hair and moisturize, causing a mask for 10-15 minutes.
The funds of the company "Dikson"
Presented by a kit that includes:
- Nutritious serum.
- Firming shampoo.
- Repairing agent.
- Protective fluid.
Instructions for use:
- In the first stage, apply the serum on dry hair and blow-dry.
- After that, wash off with shampoo and apply the repair complex for 5-7 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and use a protective fluid without rinsing.
Estel series products
Estel series products - products of the world famous brand, are widely used both in professional cosmetology and in home use. All components included in the composition are developed using modern technologies and international standards, which allows them to be used in beauty salons.
Estel's lamination products not only have a regenerating effect, but nourish and moisturize hair from root to tip.
- One of the famous sets is called "Estel iNeo-Crystal". Shampoo not only perfectly cleans the hair, but also contributes to the effective penetration of the laminating components in the subsequent stages.
- Gel 3D effect. It is presented in two versions: for damaged hair, for normal curls and with moderate damage. The gel penetrates and restores the structure of the curls, forming a protection in the form of a thin film. As a result, the strands become smooth and docile like silk.
- Two-phase fixing lotion. It contains chitosan, which nourishes and moisturizes. In addition, the composition contains keratin, which promotes the regeneration of the hair structure. The lotion has the effect of more firmly fixing the film formed after using the gel.
- Polishing serum used at the end of the procedure. It grinds and polishes the film, creating a smoother texture.
Recommendations for the use of the kit "Estel iNeo-Crystal"
The lamination process includes several main phases:
- Clean your hair well, especially oily at the roots. Apply shampoo with massaging movements, then rinse with warm water. If necessary, repeat the procedure.
- Lamination process. Apply the gel with a 3D effect, separating wet hair by small strands. Wear a cellophane cap or wrap a film, creating a thermal effect. You can heat with a hair dryer for 15-20 minutes. After rinsing with water and towel dry.
- In the third stage, apply the lotion on the wet strands, spreading over the entire length. Flush it is not necessary.
- The last phase is the application of a fixing serum to dry hair. It can be used before installation.
Lamination with professional means is best done in beauty salons, but if there is no such possibility, be sure to consult with the master before starting the procedure.
Laminated hair care
After the procedure, proper hair care is also necessary! This will help maintain the effect for a long time. To curls kept longer healthy look, you must adhere to the recommendations for care.
- Immediately after lamination, do not use a hair dryer, curling iron, iron.
- Use shampoos that do not contain sulfates, which are composed of natural ingredients, spare hair and scalp, nourish and moisturize.
- After each shampooing apply a balm that facilitates combing.
- Get a comb from natural materials.
- Every 3-4 days make oil masks.
ATTENTION! Adhere to the rules and when using professional tools. Lamination with the help of natural folk ingredients does not have a long-lasting effect, therefore it lasts only until the first washing of the head.
Opinions of cosmetologists about home lamination
The vast majority of cosmetologists do not recommend lamination at home. In their opinion, the opposite effect can happen and the hair will become fragile and brittle. The procedure is better to entrust the master.
Cosmetologists recommend applying the method if the hair:
- Dry and brittle.
- The structure is porous.
- Sala at the roots.
- There is no volume and shine.
- Trapped, damaged by perm.
- There is electrification.
Lamination is a useful procedure that reanimates and transforms the hair. There is a second type - biolamination. Both methods involve the use of natural ingredients. The difference is that the preparations for normal lamination contain a protein complex. And biolamination, this is the newest Japanese achievement, which allows to create the effect of "smooth silk". It contains cellulose-containing extracts of avocado, bamboo or dandelion.
What to choose - contact the salon or do the procedure yourself - a personal matter. It is important to remember that the key to beautiful and healthy hair is proper and regular care.