Compote of dried fruit has long been a favorite drink for many. In ancient times, he was called - swaz. It can be cooked all year round, it does not depend on seasonality. You can also make it from frozen berries. But does something go in comparison with the infusion of fragrant dried fruit? In the autumn-winter period, such a drink is simply a find, since it is a storehouse of useful vitamins.
The classic recipe for dried fruit compote
For the drink according to the classic recipe, the uniform composition of the dry product is used. It includes apples (regardless of variety), pears, possibly plums. Such a mixture can be bought in the store or dry yourself.
- Sugar 175 g (optional);
- A mixture of fruit 0.5-0.6 kg.
- From the liquid and sugar cook syrup.
- At 0.5-0.6 kg of the basic composition of dried fruit is taken 2 liters (3 liters) of liquid. The amount of liquid can be varied for the desired concentration.
- Wash the fruit twice.
- Soak and stand for an hour. Rinse.
- Boil for half an hour.
- Wrap a blanket over the pan and leave for six hours.
The right compote of dried fruit for a child
Children of different ages love compotes. How not to pamper your baby with a useful product. But taking into account the number of years of the child, the composition of the mixture must be changed so that the drink will bring more benefits than harm.
Breastfed babies, after the introduction of complementary foods, also need compote of dried fruits. Initially, cook at home exclusively from apples.
- Take 25 g of dried slices per 200 ml of liquid.
- Dry apples must be of reliable quality.
- Rinse thoroughly twice.
- Boil for half an hour.
- Insist five (six) hours.
Before the introduction of compote in the diet, be sure to consult with your pediatrician. Do not add sugar to the drink. As the child grows up, you can add other components, but you need to know their effect on the body: pear - it is strong, prunes - gently weak, and berries can cause allergic reactions. Compote it is desirable to cook fresh daily.
Artificially fed babies
Such children can enjoy compote after three months. It increases the amount of iron in the blood, fills the body with microelements, vitamins. Boiled prunes helps to normalize the functioning of the digestive system and eliminates constipation. But first, prepare the classic version of apples, give 10-15 ml per day.
Children older than a year
With kids older than a year is a little easier. They have matured, the work of the digestive tract has normalized, the body has become stronger. A delicious compote with healthy qualities will not leave them indifferent. The child can already diversify apples by adding new ingredients. 2-3 liters of water is added to 0.5-0.6 kg of mass.
- Fruits are taken in any variation based on a total weight of 0.5-0.6 kg.
- Wash twice, soak in liquid.
- Drain, put in a saucepan, fill with the right amount of water.
- Cooking time half an hour. A couple of minutes before the end of cooking, pour raisins.
As the child grows, in the absence of a food allergic reaction, dried apricots and berries can be gradually added. Enter gradually, so as not to miss an allergy or a problem with digestion.
Recipe in a multicooker for nursing mothers
For women who have babies, compote will serve as a source of replenishment and necessary vitamins. Baby gets everything you need through breast milk. Substances present in the dried fruit will help restore the maternal organism, especially in terms of increasing hemoglobin. Compote will provide increased lactation, fill up the lack of potassium and calcium. Dates increase lactation, it plays an important role in the lack of milk. Rosehip replenishes the body with vitamin C. When choosing ingredients, pay special attention to the components: exclude those that can provoke an unwanted reaction in the infant.
The advantage of cooking in a slow cooker is maximum preservation of vitamins with a tightly closed lid. There is no need to wrap to insist. There are instances of kitchen appliances with the "compote" mode. In other models, use - "cook" or "stew." Cooking time 1 hour. Variations of proportions change at will.
- Wash the ingredients several times.
- Put in a bowl, except dates, raisins and prunes.
- Ten minutes before the end of the regime, add prunes, dates and raisins.
Dietary sugar-free compote
Sugar-free compote will be sweet, but dietary, because dried fruit rich in fructose will provide flavor. Water 0.5-0.6 kg of the fruit mixture, you need two to three liters.
- Blend the mixture, wash twice, leave to soak for an hour.
- Drain the liquid.
- Boil for half an hour.
- Cover and stand for six hours.
Given the individual characteristics of the body, taste preferences and contraindications, the composition of ingredients can be varied. If desired, the use of honey is allowed, but enter it into the finished compote only after cooling.
The benefits and harms of dried fruit compote
Welter is used not only for prevention, but also as an additional tool in the treatment of certain diseases. In addition to the main fruits, you can add strawberries, chokeberry, raspberries, dates, blueberries, prunes, lingonberries, cornel, dried apricots, raisins, peaches, pineapple, blackberries, figs. Compote is useful for any components, but each new component brings its own peculiarity and taste.
- Pear possesses the fixing action. If there is an upset stomach, compote will be a great addition to treatment.
- Dried apricots (dried apricot), prunes - has a laxative effect on the intestines, normalizes the processes of digestion.
- With anemia dried apricots and apricot compensate for the lack of iron.
- With colds and fever, acetone is formed in the body. Rosehip not only replenish the body with vitamin C, but also help reduce its level.
- Raisins has anti-stress properties, contributes to raising mood. Rich in potassium. A huge amount of boron has a preventive effect in osteoporosis.
- Plum helps to clean the blood and remove toxins from the body.
- The work of the liver and kidneys is positively influenced by the classic set of pears and apples. The drink promotes the elimination of toxins, purifies the blood, alkalizes the body, provided that it is cooked without sugar.
- Figs contributes to the normalization of thyroid function, stabilization of total hormonal levels.
- A significant positive effect on the visual analyzer has blueberries.
- Dried a pineapple wonderfully suitable for diet compote options.
Who can and cannot drink compote
So many useful properties! Nevertheless, it is necessary to remember about some negative points in the use of the drink.
- If there is a tendency to allergies, the components of the mixture must be selected more carefully.
- Due to the presence of sugar, patients with diabetes should be excluded from the diet.
- Compote made of low-quality mixture treated with chemicals will be harmful.
For a long period of time, some tricks of preparation have been developed that will help make the drink as tasty as possible and, importantly, useful.
- It is recommended to put pears and apples at the beginning of cooking. Then the remaining ingredients: wild rose, cherry, black chokeberry, prunes, apricots, dogwood. And raisins poured almost before the end of cooking.
- Try adding smoked plums, of course, with no contraindications. Compote will be piquant and unique.
- If the prescription is added honey, put it strictly after it has cooled. In hot compote, it will lose vitamins, which are destroyed at high temperatures.
Cook, experiment - with any set of fruit, a brew will be useful and will delight relatives and friends. Do not regret to spend your free time in the kitchen and, perhaps, you will become the author of the next culinary masterpiece.