Home holiday, including children, it is difficult to imagine without sweet on the table. Cooking cakes, pastries and rolls can not do without flour (axiom), as well as without cream. Gentle and airy, with flavors, it becomes the highlight of the usual baking. The most commonly used universal classic custard with various additives. It is suitable for impregnating cakes, decorating the top of confectionery and filling tubes, eclairs.
Classic cream at home is prepared in sweet milk with eggs and a small amount of flour. It is suitable for the layer of cakes, pastries, and for filling buns, tubules, eclairs.
Ingredients for 10 servings:
- 0.5 liters of milk;
- 4 eggs;
- a glass of sugar;
- 40 g of flour;
- 5 g vanilla sugar.
- Mix well the sugar with the eggs, add the flour with the vanilla sugar, mix again.
- Dilute the mixture with cold milk, stir with a mixer until smooth.
- Rinse the pot with water, fill with the mixture, put on medium heat, let it boil while stirring.
- To obtain a thick cream, boil a lot longer - 10 minutes. Cool to approximately 50 degrees before use.
Another version of the classic cream - without flour, it turns out more tender. It is only important to observe 2 points: beat the yolks and maintain the correct temperature during brewing.
- Yolks - 6 pcs .;
- Milk (warm) - 600 ml;
- Sugar - 120 g
Cook as in the previous recipe.
The best custard recipes
In cooking, the cream according to the classic recipe with flour is basic. On the basis of preparing other species. You can not do without the main components - these are eggs, milk (cream), and sugar. If you add ground nuts, rum with vanilla, then you get a nut cream in French "Frangipan", without it you will not get a branded pear pie. When any juice is added to the gelatin (optional) or cocoa, the cream is “Bavarian”, and cooked in English without flour is called “Custard”.
Gentle, snow-white, moderately viscous - ideal for cakes, eclairs, puffers and tubules. It can be used as a separate dessert, goes well with sourish fruit, served in bowls or bowls. About 250 g of cream is obtained from the amount specified in the ingredients.
- 4 squirrels;
- 80 ml of water;
- A pinch of salt;
- 200 g of sugar (50 g per 1 protein);
- 4 tsp. lemon juice.
- Beat well salted squirrels to strong peaks that do not fall from the corolla. The speed of whisking decreases if the bowl is put on the ice.
- Pour water into a saucepan, add granulated sugar and let it boil. Boil at the minimum temperature for 4 minutes, pour in the juice, stir and boil for the same amount. Willingness to check the breakdown on the "ball": drop mass on the saucer and try to roll up the ball, if it works, then the syrup is ready.
- Pour syrup into proteins in a thin stream, beating constantly with a mixer. After that, continue beating for about 5 minutes. The process will be reduced if you put the bowl in cold water.
The result should be a dense, holding the shape of the cream. It can be used for jewelry by filling them with a pastry bag.
For sponge cake
Chocolate cream is suitable for interlayer cakes, stuffing tubules, eclairs, etc. For decorations, it is not suitable, because it does not hold the shape.
Ingredients for one serving:
- 1.5 cups of sugar;
- ¼ tsp salts;
- 4 tbsp. l starch;
- 4 tbsp. l flour;
- 4 eggs;
- 4 tbsp. l cocoa powder without sugar;
- 50 g dark chocolate;
- 1 l of milk;
- 1 tbsp. l oil cl .;
- 1 tbsp. l vanilla extract.
- Pour sugar with salt, starch, flour, cocoa into a saucepan.
- Beat the chilled eggs separately with a half cup of sugar.
- Pour the milk to the dry mixture, boil, stirring to a boil, remove from the stove.
- Pour in a thin stream, stirring, into beaten eggs, put chocolate pieces, stir until completely dissolved.
- Put the saucepan on the stove again, cook on medium heat until thick (about 5 minutes). Remove from the stove, put butter and vanilla, mix and allow to cool.
You can apply the cream as a dessert, spread on ice cream vases and cool well. It will turn out a dish similar to chocolate pudding, which children love very much.
Coffee cream is suitable for filling eclairs and tubules, and can be used to decorate a cake. From this quantity 3 glasses will turn out.
- 500 ml of cream;
- 2 tbsp. l flour;
- 250 g butter;
- 1 tbsp. l rum or brandy;
- 1 tbsp. l instant coffee;
- Cup of sugar.
- In a skillet, mix coffee and flour with sugar, pour in cream, mix, let stand for a third of an hour. While stirring, warm over low heat until condensed, let cool.
- Beat the butter into a fluffy mass and add to the creamy mass in parts, whipping without stopping. Pour in alcohol, beat about 4 more minutes until homogeneous.
Cream without eggs
The recipe is simple to prepare and the cream turns out to be tender and tasty. It is versatile - suitable not only for sandwiching the cake and filling desserts, but also for use in the design of the top of the confectionery, because it holds the shape well.
- Sugar -1 glass;
- Butter - 200-250 g;
- Water - 1 cup;
- Vanilla sugar - 5-10 g;
- Flour - 2 tbsp. l
- Remove the oil in advance, cut into pieces, mix with vanilla sugar.
- Pour half a glass of water in a saucepan, add sugar, stir, heat, let it dissolve completely.
- Mix half a glass of water with flour until a homogeneous mixture. Gradually (in portions) mix it with syrup, without ceasing to stir.
- Boil until thick with good cream, let cool to about 50 degrees.
- Add butter and vanilla sugar, beat in a lush foam.
Step-by-step recipes for quiche cakes
When cooking cakes, for their sandwiching and decoration, hostesses often use custard. A variety of recipes makes it possible to choose it in terms of density and taste.
The most popular cakes are "Napoleon", "Honey cake", "Ginger" and their variations, depending on the culinary fantasies and preferences of the household.
Let's cook a "Lazy" version of a classic dessert. The recipe without baking, preparing simply and quickly, can be attributed to the series "guests on the threshold".
For 8 servings you will need:
- Cookies "Ears" puff - 0.5 kg;
- Eggs - 2 pcs .;
- Flour - 50 g;
- Milk - 0.5 kg;
- Oil plums. - 50 g;
- Sugar - 150 g;
- Vanilla sugar - 5 g.
Step by step preparation:
- Heat the milk to a boil with sugar and vanilla sugar, stirring occasionally.
- Mix flour with eggs in a homogeneous mass, pour in half portions of all the milk in portions, stirring. Return the mixture to the skillet and, slowly heating, to achieve a thickening of the cream.
- Remove from the stove, add oil. Stir, pour into a bowl, cover with foil, allow to cool to room temperature.
- The final stage - the assembly of the cake. Put a few spoons of cream on the dish, spread evenly over the bottom, lay a layer of biscuits, brush with cream, repeat 3 more times. Top and sides of "Napoleon" also smear cream.
- Crumble the cookies and sprinkle the cake on all sides. If you wish, then the top can be decorated with walnut halves, berries of jam or chocolate. Another option: put any stencil and sprinkle with crumbs.
- Remove for several hours in the refrigerator. When it is saturated, it will resemble a real "Napoleon".
"Honey cake" in the pan
The recipe for this cake is useful when there is no oven, and the household ask for something tasty for tea. It can be described in 3 words: tasty, fast, original.
For the cream will require:
- A couple of yolks;
- A couple of art. l flour;
- Half a cup of sugar;
- ¾ cup of milk (about 180 ml);
- Half a glass of hot milk (about 125 ml);
- A pack of butter;
- Vanilla, cinnamon (optional).
Ingredients for cake layers:
- Flour - 1.5 kg (another 150 g);
- Egg - 3 pcs .;
- Honey - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- Icing sugar - 1.5 cups;
- Oil - 180 g;
- Baking Powder - 10 g;
- Sour cream 24% - 800-900 g;
- Soda - 1 tsp;
- Vanilla - to taste.
- Pour sugar to yolks, grind the mixture, add flour through a small sieve, mix, pour milk (cold), mix.
- Bring half a cup of milk to a boil, pour (in a thin stream), stirring. Boil until thick, the mixture should resemble liquid kissel, let cool to room temperature.
- Mash butter with a fork, mix with milk mixture (add a couple of spoons), beat with a fork, at the end you can speed up the process using a mixer. You can add vanilla or vanilla sugar.
- Melt thick honey in a water bath, mix with powdered sugar and butter.
- Beat the eggs with baking powder and soda, combine with the honey mass, boil, add a little flour, mix.
- Sprinkle the table with flour, put the dough, knead, periodically sprinkling flour. Divide the ball into 4 parts. Roll four sausages, divided into 5 parts.
- Roll them on thin cakes, cut exactly (then fry the pieces, leave for registration).
- Fry in a pan without oil on 2 sides.
- Collect the cake, smearing cakes with cream, sprinkle with crumb, put in the fridge for the night.
Cake with a "twist". Citrus custard is perfectly combined with the honey taste of tender cakes. The original aftertaste of the dessert gives lemon zest and freshly squeezed juice.
- Butter - 200 g;
- Eggs - 5 pcs .;
- Sugar - 260 g;
- Flour - 360 g;
- Milk - 0.7 liters;
- Starch - 3.5 tbsp. l .;
- Soda - tsp;
- Honey - 80 g;
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp. l .;
- Lemon zest - 1 tbsp. l
- Cook the cream from a hot mixture of milk and sugar. Mix eggs with starch and sugar (80 g), while stirring, combine with warm milk.
- We warm the cream to thicken, add oil, mix, pour in lemon juice, add lemon zest, mix, leave to cool.
- Now let's do the test. Add soda to honey, heat on low heat (stirring). Give boil, cook a minute and remove from the stove. We pour sugar, we put oil, we mix carefully, we add eggs, we mix once again.
- Fall asleep flour, knead the dough. It is important that it does not stick to your hands.
- Divide the dough into 9 pieces, roll out onto thin pancakes, roll with a fork several times, bake for about 10 minutes in an oven heated to 180 degrees.
- While the cakes are hot, cut them on a plate. Putting cakes in a pile, coat with cream, not forgetting the top and sides. Sprinkle crushed crumbs from trimming. We clean for 6 hours in the refrigerator.
Useful tips and interesting information
Alexander Seleznev, a famous culinary specialist, advises hostesses who prefer traditional cakes from the USSR: Medoviku, Ryzhiku, and Napoleon to add various fruits. Suitable: bananas, persimmon, kiwi, tangerines, apples, oranges, and even baked pumpkin. The taste of baking acquires originality, and the look - festivity.
Any alcohol from brandy to liqueur added to the cream will add zest to the culinary masterpiece with the aroma of a holiday. You should not be afraid of the strength of drinks, because the “degree” disappears, and the aftertaste remains.
In the cuisines of the world there are varieties of classic custard. For example, the dessert "Lemon Kurd", originally from Britain, milk is replaced with lemon juice, and its zest is added.
Work to the automatism preparation of any type of cream. This is a win-win option that is suitable for baking, dessert with fruit, nuts, crispy crackers and other additives.