The water in the water pipes is of poor quality. In contact with her, home appliances are suffering, first of all - water heaters. On ten, for the period of operation, scum is formed, and this leads to disruption in work. Failure to clean the equipment may result in damage. It is possible to remove scale in several ways.
It is necessary to conduct training:
- Disconnect the water heater from the power supply.
- Disconnect from the water system by shutting off the cold water tap.
- Pour all the water out of the boiler (a hose is connected to the drain fitting, through which the liquid is drained from the tank).
- Remove the tank pan by unscrewing the fastening screws.
- Remove the control plate by disconnecting the electrical wires.
- Remove the PETN from the tank.
Depending on the water heater model, the order of disassembly can be changed.
Mechanical cleaning method
When using hard water, the heating element and the inner surface of the tank are covered with a layer of lime scale, which should be removed periodically.
Proceed to the removal of scale should be immediately after disconnecting, while the plaque is wet. You can use a wooden spatula, a knife or a metal brush. When the main dirt is removed, the residue can be cleaned with sandpaper. The quality of cleaning depends on the durability of the boiler.
Wipe the inner surface of the tank with a damp cloth. Do not use abrasives, they may damage the coating.
At the end of the cleaning, it is necessary to assemble the boiler and connect it to the electrical and water mains. The main safety is dry wiring. Be careful before turning the device on.
ATTENTION! Before starting to use the boiler, check the tank for tightness. To do this, pour a little water, left for a day for control. If there are no leaks, you can use the water heater.
Folk remedies for cleaning the heater and tank
Scale with Teng and inner walls of the tank can be removed with the help of folk remedies. The following recipes are popular:
- Acetic acid (8%) - 5 tablespoons are diluted in 1 l of water. l acid.
- Acetic essence - 2 hours dissolve in 1 liter of water. l essences.
- Citric acid - in 1 liter of water dilute 50 g of acid.
One of the funds must be poured into the tank and left overnight. After 24 hours, the contents can be drained and the walls washed with warm water.
If the device is connected to the mains, another cleaning method can be used. In the third part of the water in the tank, pour the cleaning solution, heat to 90-95 ° C and leave for 5-7 hours. After a while, drain the solution and rinse the tank thoroughly.
Boiler cleaning with specialized household chemicals
It is possible to clean the heater and walls of the water heater with the help of special means. The working solution is prepared in an enameled container in which the heating element can fit. Effective cleaning of the heating element is ensured by strict compliance with the instructions. Do not exceed the concentration, it will adversely affect the condition of the equipment.
It is necessary to avoid the ingress of chemical agents on the sealing gum, it can lead to a deterioration of elasticity and the formation of leaks. During cleaning, it is necessary to control the state by which it will be visible when the heating element can be removed from the solution. Before installing, rinse with water and wipe.
Effective means recognized "Melon ZHS17." Removes old salt and lime deposits. Safe for any parts of the boiler.
When the boiler is connected to the water supply, you can clean it without disassembling and removing the water heater. The tank on ⅓ is filled with water, and then through the hose connected to the drain fitting, the solution intended to remove the deposit is poured.
Then the hose rises 2-5 hours above the level of the tank. After a time, the solution is drained, and the container is thoroughly washed with water.
Rules of care for the water heater
To extend the life of the boiler, follow the rules of care.
- In the presence of water of increased hardness, carry out cleaning work every 6-9 months. Otherwise, a procedure of 2-2.5 years is sufficient.
- Understand how hard water can be on a white patina.
- If the water heater is set to more than 60 ° C, then it should be cleaned more often.
- An unpleasant smell occurs in water with a high content of sulfates. Coming into contact with the magnesium anode, hydrogen sulfide is released. To prevent this situation, remove the magnesium rod.
- Stagnant water can become a breeding ground for bacteria and a source of unpleasant odor. Bring water to a boil to fix the problem.
- It is necessary to look into the tank from above to determine the state of the ion exchanger, which is a magnesium anode. It protects the container from corrosion. Oxygen, which is contained in tap water, destroys the metal, actively interacts with magnesium, making the rod unusable. To replace it at home after a breakdown, you need to unscrew the damaged part and install a new one.
- Water softening will help increase the life of the electric boiler. This will be provided by electromagnetic and magnetic converters of the type "AquashCHIT". Electromagnetic waves alter the salt composition of water, and this prevents the deposition of plaque on the walls of the tank.
- A coarse and fine water filter removes poorly soluble impurities and chlorine from the water, thereby extending the life of household appliances.
- For self-cleaning of the boiler from contamination, you need to use personal protective equipment - glasses and gloves.
- Do not buy models with Teng from black and galvanized metal. They slowly heat up and strongly rust, as a result, the part becomes unusable and requires replacement.
- To disinfect water, it is necessary to pass 100 liters of liquid through it once every 2 months. Warming up to the maximum temperature helps to disinfect water.
Cleaning the heater and the inner surface of the tank of the heater is a necessary measure that will extend the life. The work can be carried out independently, with the help of folk or chemical means. Sometimes it is better to turn to the services of professionals who will carry out all the manipulations to remove scale quickly and efficiently.