Hood - an integral element of the kitchen interior and an indispensable assistant to the chef. Professional cooks and housewives who spend a lot of time in the kitchen are well aware of how to clean their hoods from fat at home. It is not surprising, because when cooking it receives no less blow than the stove.
Any work requires the right approach. Even the preparation of vegetables for further heat treatment is potentially dangerous, because an infection can get into the wound left by the dirty knife. What to say about cleaning an electrical device using aggressive substances. To avoid trouble, I advise you to listen to the recommendations.
- Before the procedure, be sure to disconnect the hood from the mains to avoid electric shock.
- Before disassembling the device, carefully read the instructions for use.
- Many products include concentrated acids or alkalis. Use rubber gloves to protect your hands from chemical burns. Use extreme caution when using chemicals that are oriented towards sewage cleaning.
- Clean the kitchen hood with long sleeves and glasses. This will prevent aggressive substances from getting on the skin and eyes.
- Do work in a well-ventilated area, isolated from adjacent rooms. Be sure to restrict the access of animals and children to the kitchen at the time of the operation.
This set of rules and recommendations as simple as possible. Do not neglect the advice, sometimes even a minor mistake becomes a cause of a serious problem.
Cleaning the kitchen hood is preceded by a preparatory stage, which involves disconnecting the device from the network, studying the instructions and disassembling. If the device is de-energized, and the manual is carefully read, proceed.
- Remove the cover that is located above the stove. Unclip the retainers and pull the security element out of the slots.
- Remove the filter, remove the connecting hood and vent pipe, remove the air filter element.
- Carefully inspect the enclosure and determine the degree of contamination.
To wash the pipe, grease filter and grate any of the tools, which will be discussed below. Only not every air filter is cleaned. Look for relevant information in the instructions.
Effective folk methods of cleaning the lattice from fat
There are many methods of cleaning, and not all provide for the use of expensive chemistry. Some improvised means are much more accessible and cope well with the fat on the elements of the hood.
- Soda. A capacious container is required. Put the dishes on the stove, pour water and turn on the fire. As the liquid heats up, add soda and stir constantly to dissolve. As soon as the mixture boils, send the mesh to the container along with the filter and boil for half an hour. During this time, even the eaten fat easily move away.
- Laundry soap. To eliminate greasy deposits add some grated soap to a container with hot water. Soak parts of the hood in the solution for an hour, then remove and remove excess fat with a scraper or a hard sponge.
- Vinegar. Dilute vinegar is not necessary. Apply the product on the grid and leave for 30 minutes to dissolve the dirt. Next, remove the remaining fat with a sponge and rinse under running water.
- Lemon acid. With a solution of citric acid, treat the contaminated surface and leave until the fat has dissolved. Then go with a wet sponge and rinse. If the first attempt does not provide the proper result, repeat the manipulation.
The funds listed are available in the arsenal of each hostess. They are available, effective and widely used to clean not only the kitchen hoods, but also to bring in the divine form of dishes, stoves, microwaves and other household appliances.
How to use purchase chemistry to clean the hood
The stores sell products that provide quick results and are absolutely safe for all types of kitchen surfaces. Consider the popular household chemicals, which are most often used by housewives to wash the hood. These are "Sanita", "Cinderella", "Efsto", "Sunergetik" and "Silith Beng".
The funds listed are as easy to use as possible. They are applied to the contaminated surface, left for a few minutes, doused with boiling water and rinsed with cold water. This is enough to remove old fat and soot. When using household chemicals be sure to wear gloves and masks, as the composition of the funds include acids and aggressive substances.
Video comparison of household chemicals
If the listed chemicals are not at hand, a solution for cleaning the pipes, “Whiteness” or ordinary dishwashing liquid will help in solving the problem. Even the traditional soda-based scouring powder will fit.
How to wash the motor hoods
If the kitchen hood is used regularly and is not provided with proper care, the grease, together with dust particles, is deposited on the internal components, and the engine is no exception. Cleaning this site is best instructed to a specialist. It will properly shut off the engine and rinse using a special solution.
If you decide to pay attention to the "heart" of the kitchen hood yourself, limit yourself to mechanically removing the fat layer and then processing the available fragments with an alcohol solution. It's enough.
After cleaning the internal elements, pay special attention to the outer casing, because the cleanliness of the part affects the tidiness of the kitchen. The insidiousness of this part is that dust sits on top of the fat, providing a cementing effect.
Iron scrapers and abrasive cleaners for cleaning the case are not suitable because they leave scratches on the glossy finish. Inappropriate and liquid means, because the likelihood of a mixture in the eye is high. How to be?
Take a dishwashing detergent, apply to a wet sponge and rub the surface. After half an hour, wipe the case with a damp cloth. To remove the remaining grease points, use a rubber scraper used by drivers to clean car windows.
It is not recommended to use a gas stove as a heater or simply leave it with lighted burners, even briefly. Under the influence of high temperature, the fat dries, it is more firmly fixed and forms carbon, which is more difficult to remove.
Timely cleaning - the key to normal operation, long service life and an attractive view of kitchen appliances and the kitchen itself. As for the hood, the main task of caring for it is to prevent the formation of persistent dirt on the body and inside. Timely launder fumes and grease.