It is believed that millet pancakes belong to the Mordovian kitchen, but over time, several variations of their preparation appeared. Let's look at the most popular recipes for millet pancakes or patachas, as they are called in Mordovia.
Millet pancakes yeast thick
Ingredients (per 10 servings):
- millet groats - 1 cup;
- water - 600 ml;
- wheat flour - 3 cups;
- dry yeast - 2.5 tsp;
- milk - 1 liter;
- chicken egg - 4 pcs .;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- salt to taste.
- It is better to cook porridge in the evening. It should not be too thick, the more it boils soft the better.
- While the porridge is cooling, prepare the dough. In warmed (but not hot) milk, add yeast and sugar. When the ingredients are dissolved in milk, gradually introduce porridge, carefully stirring the mass to prevent lumps. You can use a blender instead of a manual whisk. After reaching a more or less homogeneous mass, gently introduce the flour.
- The dough should turn out average between liquid sour cream and dough for pancakes. The mass should be covered with a clean cotton napkin and left in a warm place for several hours.
- While the dough rises, let's do the second stage of preparation. Boil the remaining milk and beat the eggs separately. Pour the finished milk into the risen dough, it is very important to quickly mix the mass. Next, add eggs and vegetable oil. After thoroughly mixing all the ingredients, give the mass to disperse another 10 minutes.
- Pancakes are baked according to the standard scheme.
Millet pancakes without yeast
One of the easiest recipes for millet pancakes is the preparation of yeast-free dough.
- Millet - Art. l .;
- Milk - 4 glasses;
- Salt - 1 tsp;
- Sugar - 3 tbsp. l .;
- Chicken Egg - 2 pcs .;
- Wheat flour - 1,5 glasses;
- Soda Slaked Vinegar - ½ tsp.
- As in the previous recipe, first boil the grits. In this case, porridge is cooked in milk, but this is not critical - you can use water.
- After cooling, grind millet with a blender. Next, enter the eggs, salt and sugar. All carefully mix. Add flour and knead the dough. Upon reaching the "smoothness", pour in the milk so that as a result the consistency is the same as that of ordinary pancakes.
- Last step: add vinegar-blasted soda.
- Cooking pancakes in the usual way.
Millet pancakes are combined with almost any fillings, both sweet and more filling. Equally, they are tasty and just with melted butter. Nutritious pancakes can serve as a dessert or a full lunch.
To make pancakes airy and tender, remember a few tips.
- The dough is better not to type from the bottom of the container, but from above (so the pancakes are obtained with characteristic holes).
- It is better to grease the pan not with vegetable oil, but with a piece of lard.
- Turn pancake only when there is no raw dough on top.
- It is advisable to serve the dish hot.
- It’s better to put the finished pancakes under a lid in a deep bowl, then they will stay warm and fresh longer.
I reviewed the basic recipes for wheat pancakes. There are still many options for making dough, as well as baking pancakes at home, but their differences are minor, due to the culinary traditions and preferences of the hostess and family.