Canned vegetables are sold everywhere, but many housewives still prefer to salt the tomatoes for the winter on their own. It is not surprising, because homemade harvesting is much tastier, prepared from fresh vegetables and does not require large financial expenditures.
The classic recipe for salting in the winter
The popularity of the classic technology of cooking salty tomatoes is constantly growing. The secret is that it helps to prepare a quality product, a find for gourmets.
- Tomatoes - 2 kg.
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon.
- Salt - 2 tablespoons.
- Sugar - 4 tablespoons.
- The leaves of currant, cherry and horseradish.
- Celery, dill, parsley.
- Pepper peas, garlic.
How to cook:
- Tomatoes, leaves and greens, rinse with water and dry, then fold into prepared jars. At the bottom, put a piece of leaves, herbs and garlic, on top of the tomatoes, then again a layer of greens.
- Pour the contents of the cans with boiling water and leave for 5 minutes. Then carefully pour the liquid into the pan, add salt and sugar, boil. Fill the tomatoes with the resulting brine, add a little vinegar to each container and roll up.
- Wrap zakatku and leave upside down under a blanket until it cools. After that, move the workpiece in the cold to wait for further fate.
Important! Experienced cooks recommend making a hole in the stalk area with a toothpick before sending it to the jar. This simple technique prevents the appearance of cracks on the surface under the influence of hot water.
How to cook salted tomatoes in a jar
Now consider the simplest way to cook salted tomatoes. It is simple, fast and does not require large financial and physical costs. The taste of the finished snack turns out just delicious.
- Tomatoes - 1.5 kg.
- Dill - 1 bunch.
- Chile - 1 pc.
- Currant leaves - 2 pcs.
- Salt - 3 tablespoons.
- Water - 2 liters.
- Celery and parsley.
- Boil a liter of water, add salt and mix. Connect the resulting composition with the remaining cold water. An hour later, strain the pickle.
- Place the greens on the bottom of the prepared cans, put the washed tomatoes on the top without stem, making layers of seasonings. Act carefully so that the fruits do not get crushed.
- Fill the tomatoes with brine, close the capron lids and leave in the room for 2 weeks. Then remove the foam and mold from salted vegetables, add fresh saline solution, roll up the jars and send in the cold.
Easier recipe is simply not found. The finished snack is stored for a long time and will always make up a company of mashed potatoes or fried potatoes.
How to pickle green tomatoes
At the end of the vegetable season, many housewives in the garden are left immature tomatoes. The question arises, what to do with a similar crop? There is a solution - salting. Salted green tomatoes have a savory taste and are considered a good alternative to pickled cucumbers. And paired with salted beets and peppers, you get an excellent vegetable platter.
- Green tomatoes - 1 kg.
- Currant leaves - 7 pcs.
- Dill - 2 umbrellas.
- Garlic - 3 slices.
- Horseradish leaves - 3 pcs.
- Hot pepper - 1 pc.
- Salt - 2 tablespoons.
- Water - 1 liter.
- For each vegetable, remove the stem, rinse with water.
- At the bottom of a two-liter jar make a pillow of greenery, put tomatoes on top. Cover with the remaining greens, add garlic cloves and hot pepper without seeds.
- Pour water into a large bowl, salt and wait until a uniform thin layer forms on the bottom. After two minutes, pour the water into a jar of tomatoes. Close the jar with a plastic lid, pre-scalded with boiling water.
A fridge, a cellar or a cool storeroom is best suited for storing salty green tomatoes at home. One month after corking, the appetizer is ready for tasting.
How to pickle tomatoes in a barrel
The recipe for salted tomatoes in a barrel is suitable for housewives who have a large family. It allows you to prepare a lot of tasty vegetables in one go. The main thing is to have a suitable place for storage.
- Tomatoes - 20 kg.
- Salt - 900 g
- Garlic - 10 cloves.
- Horseradish leaves - 10 pcs.
- Hot pepper - 1 pc.
- Cherry and currant leaves - 15 pcs.
- Dill seeds - 50 g.
- Water - 15 liters.
- Prepare the ingredients. Peel tomatoes, rinse with water, rinse the herbs, peel the garlic.
- Cover the bottom of the barrel with greens, add dill seeds and a few cloves of garlic. Top with a layer of tomatoes. Repeat the layers until the barrel is full. The main thing is to remain a few centimeters up. Put a piece of horseradish torn in large pieces on top of the vegetables.
- Make a brine by mixing the salt with water. Fill the tomatoes with the resulting composition, cover with a piece of clean gauze, put a circle and a load on top. After two decades, the appetizer is ready.
The method of harvesting tomatoes for the winter in the barrel has been used in many countries since ancient times. And every year its popularity increases, because the finished product is perfect in terms of taste and aroma.
Marinated tomatoes for the winter - the best recipe
The hostesses pickle the tomatoes differently, and in each case the prepared dish is different in taste, sweetness and degree of spiciness. I like the recipe based on honey pickle. The pickled tomatoes prepared in such a way are incredibly tasty and keep a maximum of useful substances.
- Tomatoes - 2 kg.
- Water - 3 liters.
- Garlic - 2 heads.
- Honey - 180 g
- Vinegar - 60 ml.
- Salt - 60 g
- Currant leaves and horseradish dill.
- Rinse the tomatoes with water, cut the area of the stem, in the resulting hole shove one clove of garlic.
- Spice boiling water with herbs and place in prepared jars. Fill containers with prepared tomatoes and cover with lids.
- Pour water into the pan, add salt, vinegar and honey, boil. Hot pickle fill the jars. After 15 minutes, drain the brine and repeat the procedure. After the third approach roll up the banks and wrap until cool.
Store jars of pickled tomatoes in the cold. Honey snack will reach readiness and will reveal the taste in a week.
The methods of salting vegetables are almost identical with the exception of some nuances. I will share a few secrets that will help in the preparation of perfect salted tomatoes.
- For salting, use the "cream". Such tomatoes are characterized by dense skin and fleshy structure. Additionally, they are not subjected to deformation in the process of salting.
- For salting cucumbers suitable for any dishes. In the case of tomatoes, I do not recommend using barrels and other large containers, otherwise the product will wrinkle under its own weight. The best solution is a glass container with a volume of 3-5 liters.
- Tomatoes have a pronounced taste and aroma, therefore it is not necessary to put a lot of greens and spices. Tomatoes are best combined with dill, garlic, red pepper, parsley, celery, horseradish leaves and currants.
- Tomatoes are rich in solanine. This substance slows down the fermentation process, so at 20 degrees the appetizer reaches readiness no earlier than in 2 weeks.
Features of salting in the bucket and in the pan
In a saucepan, salted tomatoes are no worse than in a barrel. The number of vegetables is determined by the capacity of the container. At the bottom of the spices and other additives, then tomatoes. In the process of laying it is recommended to shake the pot for compaction. The last vegetables covered with gauze, put the circle and the load. A month later, the appetizer is ready.
The technology of pickling using a bucket is no different, except that tomatoes of different degrees of ripeness are suitable for pickling. Spread green tomatoes on the bottom, then brown and last ripe.
In conclusion, I will add that there are many ways to salting for the winter. Some involve the use of hot or sweet peppers, other currant or cherry leaves, and the third mustard or sugar. I reviewed the most popular recipes, and you write in the comments which recipe you liked more. I also advise you to try the recipe for salting pepper. Good luck!