Many regularly use sea fish, because in this nutritious product there are a lot of vitamins, and if properly prepared, tasty and delicious dishes are obtained. In today's article we will look at how to cook flounder tasty at home.
Useful tips before cooking
Frying in the pan is the most popular way of cooking flounder. Experts recommend that you first put the fish in the pan with the dark side down, and then turn it over.
- When it comes to baking, it is recommended to do it in foil. It contributes to the preservation of juice and a positive effect on the juiciness of the meat.
- When baking, it is recommended to sprinkle the carcass with a mixture of olive oil and wine, add some Provencal herbs, pepper and salt. This is enough to get a good result.
- A peculiar taste will set off garlic, rosemary or thyme.
- The flesh is incredibly tender, so it is recommended to supplement the flounder with dried tomatoes, mushroom risotto or grilled asparagus.
According to these gourmets, you can drink a fried or baked flounder with any wine, but only white varieties of the drink are suitable for cooking.
How to fry delicious flounder - 3 recipes
Fried flounder is a tasty, but undeservedly forgotten dish in Russia. At the end of the twentieth century, this fish was incredibly popular. In those days, housewives cooked it in various ways: they cooked fish soup, stewed it with vegetables, made cutlets. The most common was a method of roasting in a frying pan.
Cook this sea fish in the pan at home can be different. Depending on the recipe, the ingredients used, the sauces and the breading, the dishes are different in appearance and taste. Consider the most popular recipes.
Classic fried flounder
The story about cooking fried flounder will start with the classic recipe, because it is the basis for the preparation of more complex dishes and the endless field for the implementation of culinary ideas.
- Flounder - 5 pcs.
- Flour - 1 cup.
- Salt - 1 tablespoon.
- Put the fish on a cutting board, remove the head and fins, remove the insides, scrape off the scales, rinse with water and cut each carcass into several pieces.
- Add salt to the flour and mix. Each slice well roll in the resulting mixture and send to a hot skillet. Fry with oil on both sides until golden brown.
Thanks to the simplest classic recipe, you can easily cook a rosy roasted flounder, which, in combination with fresh vegetables, will create a real culinary product. Another such fish is good a small number of bones, which makes it suitable for baby food.
Fried Flounder with Mushrooms
Now I will share the result of a culinary experiment, the highlight of which is considered an unusual combination of products. The dish will turn out amazing, like juliens with mushrooms. This is the merit of the products used.
- Flounder - 2 pcs.
- Champignons - 5 pcs.
- Bulgarian pepper - 150 g
- Garlic - 4 cloves.
- Green onions - 5 feathers.
- Dill - 1 bunch.
- Flour - 4 tablespoons.
- Olive oil, spices, salt.
- Put the fish on the board, cut off the head, remove the insides and cut off the fins. Rinse each carcass with water and cut into medium slices.
- Make a breading mixture. In the flour, add a little salt and favorite spices, mix.
- Cut the champignons into plates, chop the onion into rings, and chop the pepper. Peel the garlic. He will give mushrooms and vegetables a delicate accent.
- Roll the slices in breading mixture and send to the pan with hot olive oil. Place the prepared vegetables around the fish.
- Fry the flounder on both sides until golden brown. Turn over the vegetables several times during cooking.
Before serving, place the pieces on a plate, put the fried vegetables around. Garnish with dill sprigs. This treat in combination with mashed potatoes will surely please with an unmatched taste.
Fried Flounder in Tomato Sauce
Another recipe for a gourmet dish, based on flounder. In combination with tomato sauce, the treat is fragrant, tasty and juicy. I cook this dish for the holidays and on weekdays.
- Flounder - 2 pcs.
- Onions - 2 heads.
- Flour - 4 tablespoons.
- Tomato juice - 300 ml.
- Walnuts - 5 g.
- Garlic - 3 slices.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil, thyme, salt.
- Cut off the head of the flounder, tail and fins, remove the insides, remove the skin. Rinse each carcass thoroughly with water.
- Salt the fish, roll in the flour and send to the pan. After two minutes, add the onion half rings and thyme. Turn the layers over to the other side and season with thyme. Fry until golden brown.
- Combine chopped nuts and crushed garlic in a small bowl. Salt the resulting mixture, add two tablespoons of vegetable oil. Stir, add lemon juice and mix again.
- Fry the fried fish with tomato juice, after boiling add garlic sauce, cover with a lid and stew for a few minutes. Decorate with greens before serving.
Fried flounder in tomato sauce goes well with any side dish. Boiled potatoes, rice or vegetable stew will do. Regardless of the serving you get incredibly tasty.
How to bake flounder in the oven - 3 recipes
The taste of boiled fish is not liked by everyone, and cooking in a pan leads to the spread of smell throughout the house. Therefore, the hostess prefer to bake the flounder in the oven.
During such heat treatment, flounder retains beneficial substances, and when baking, vegetable oil is not always used. So, flounder baked in the oven is the best choice for people who want to cook tasty and healthy food.
Flounder in the oven in foil
Flounder is an easy-to-cook sea fish, whose juicy meat cannot be dried out. The use of foil when baking additionally facilitates the task, because it helps to preserve the juice.
- Flounder fillet - 4 pcs.
- Garlic - 2 slices.
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Lemon zest - 2 teaspoons.
- Vegetable oil, pepper and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and lemon zest, add the pepper and salt, mix.
- In the resulting oily mixture, add crushed garlic.
- Each piece of fish rub with garlic butter and wrap in foil.
- Put on a baking sheet and send to the oven heated to 210 degrees for 8 minutes.
Remove the baked fish from the oven, remove from the foil, put on the plate, pour the remaining juice, decorate with lemon pieces and serve to the table. Flounder in foil goes well with baked asparagus. I also advise you to try the recipe for baked salmon.
Flounder in the oven with vegetables
The following recipe involves cooking the flounder in the oven with the addition of vegetables. The finished dish turns fatty, but do not worry. Fish oil has not hurt anyone.
- Flounder - 1 bird.
- Zucchini - 1 pc.
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Bow - 1 head.
- Lemon - 0.5 pcs.
- Pepper and salt to taste.
- Rinse the fish with water, cut off the head, remove the insides and fins.
- Prepare the vegetables. Pass the carrot and zucchini through a large grater, cut the onion into half rings.
- Put a sheet of foil on the table. From the grated carrots make a pillow for fish, put flounder on top, salt and pepper.
- Place a few pieces of lemon on top, then onions, the remaining carrot and zucchini.
- Wrap the foil in an envelope, tweak the edges, put on a baking sheet and send in the oven. At 220 degrees bake fish with vegetables for no more than 10 minutes.
Flounder with vegetables will delight you with excellent taste, hot or cold. Since the dish is already nourishing, I advise you to serve it without a side dish. In extreme cases, use mashed potatoes.
Flounder in the oven with sour cream, cheese and tomatoes
Is the celebration coming? Delight guests flounder baked in the oven with tomatoes and sour cream under the cheese crust. Such a culinary creation will not leave anyone indifferent.
- Flounder - 1 kg.
- Hard cheese - 150 g.
- Tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Sour cream - 4 tablespoons.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Dill, spices.
- Clean the fish, rinse with water, dry with napkins. Salt each carcass, season with pepper and pour on lemon juice.
- Mix lemon peel through a fine grater and mix with chopped dill, add sour cream and mix. Cut the tomatoes into thin ringlets, and grate the cheese coarsely.
- Place the flounder fillet on the foil, pour the sour cream sauce over the tomato rings. Wrap the blank, place on a baking sheet and send it to the oven. Cook at 180 degrees for a third of an hour.
- Remove from the oven, carefully open the foil, sprinkle the flounder with grated cheese and send back another 5 minutes. This time is enough to form an appetizing cheese crust.
The recipe outlined is universal. If roasted pollock has become boring, use a recipe to cook it in the oven. Also suitable halibut, mackerel and other marine fish.
How to cook flounder in a slow cooker
Flounder meat is healthy and incredibly tasty. It is not surprising that it is often referred to as sea chicken. Cooked not only in the pan and in the oven, but also in the slow cooker. Pay attention to the simple but tasty recipe.
- Flounder fillet - 600 g.
- Bow - 1 head.
- Cream - 150 ml.
- Vegetable broth - 150 ml.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Lemon, parsley.
- Pour vegetable oil into the multicooker bowl, close the lid, activate baking.
- Send in a multivariate with heated oil chopped onion half rings. Extinguish three minutes, then turn off the program.
- Cut fish fillets into portions, salt and season with pepper. Send the prepared flounder to the slow cooker with onions. Fill with a mixture of cream and vegetable broth.
- Activate steam cooking mode, set the timer to 20 minutes. When time is up, check for readiness. Cook more if necessary. Duration of cooking depends on the size of the pieces of fish.
Put the finished treat on the plate with onion, pour the sauce out of the bowl, garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon slices. Crumbly rice is suitable for garnish.
An article about cooking delicious flounder has come to an end. From now on, you know all the subtleties and secrets of cooking this wonderful fish. Cook it more often, and it will bring many benefits.
Do not forget about the experiments. At times, to make a culinary masterpiece from an ordinary dish is enough for one additional ingredient. Good luck in cooking. See you again!