Flax - a herbaceous plant growing to a meter height. Crowning elastic stalk blue flowers with five petals bloom only in the sun. Later in place of the flowers appear boxes with seeds, which make a useful product - linseed oil. Consider flax seed, beneficial properties and contraindications, benefit and harm of decoctions.
The composition of flax seeds
Flax seeds contain a complex of substances that are beneficial to the human body. Fatty acids and fiber are considered the most valuable. Even in flax seed enzymes are present that improve digestion.
Flax seed is considered a source of vitamins of group "B", carotene and a number of minerals, including chromium, iron, nickel, sulfur, iodine. Fatty acids, which are rich only in some vegetable products and fatty fish, deserve the most attention. Thanks to these substances, the organs of the human body function normally.
In flax seeds there is a lot of soluble and insoluble fiber - a sorbent that removes excess cholesterol and toxins from the body, increases the viscosity of the intestinal contents, which has a positive effect on the speed of its emptying.
Flax seeds and lignans are rich. These plant compounds are similar to estrogen by the principle of action. Scientists have discovered a substance in the seed that is similar to prostaglandin. It normalizes pressure and regulates the exchange of energy, calcium and lipids.
The study of the healing properties of flax seed began recently. This is due to the use of flax in oncology. Previously, the use of the plant was determined by the presence of fiber. The results of subsequent studies have shown that there are many useful trace elements in the seed, vitamins and other substances.
Due to the rich chemical composition of flax seed was used in medicine. It is used as:
- A mild laxative that is not addictive;
- Analgesic and antihelminthic drugs;
- Metabolism regulator, which contributes to lowering cholesterol and losing weight;
- Choleretic and diuretic;
- Anti-inflammatory and wound healing agent.
Broths made using flaxseed provide relief from muscular dystrophy, intestinal obstruction and atony. Folk healers from Germany use flax in the treatment of bronchial asthma, hoarseness and cough.
Benefits for women
Flax seeds are considered the source of women's health and beauty. Since antiquity, women from all over the world have been using natural products for medicinal and cosmetic purposes. Consider the benefits of sunflower seeds for the beautiful half of humanity.
- Pregnancy and lactation. Use during pregnancy has a beneficial effect on the development of the fetus, because there is a lot of phytoestrogen in the seeds. When breastfeeding the product increases the production of breast milk.
- Fighting overweight. The result is ensured by the fact that flax seed lowers appetite, removes toxins from the body, improves digestion, and contributes to overall recovery.
- Women Health. Flax seeds help a woman to calm down with premenstrual syndrome and normalize hormonal levels, which increases the likelihood of conceiving a child. In addition, antifungal and antibacterial action is exerted on the female body.
- Age problems. After 40 years, the likelihood of osteoporosis increases. A balanced flax-based diet helps solve the problem. At this age, a woman's body reduces the level of phytoestrogen, which affects the ovaries and skin condition. Due to the use of infusion of flax seeds, a critical period in a woman’s life passes without significant changes.
As you can see, the benefits of the considered natural product for women is invaluable. I advise all ladies to think about the introduction of flax seeds into the diet. It's worth it.
Benefits for men
Flaxseeds, which taste like nuts, are famous not only for their taste and pleasant texture, but also for their nutritional qualities. They are saturated with dietary fiber and lignans, contain omega-3 acid, reduce the likelihood of the appearance of some types of cancer. It is difficult to overestimate the benefits for men, as they help prevent the appearance of "male" health problems.
- Protection against inflammation. Chronic inflammation increases the likelihood of atherosclerosis, which is fraught with heart attacks, stroke and other heart diseases. Alpha-linolenic acid contained in the seeds reduces the production of pro-inflammatory proteins, which alleviates the inflammatory process.
- Colon Benefits. Dietary fiber along with a sticky substance, which is contained in flax seeds, have a laxative effect and help in the fight against constipation. More seeds reduce the likelihood of a cancer in this part of the intestine and slow the development of metastasis.
- Improvement of the prostate gland. When a man develops prostate cancer, he is advised to stick to diets based on products containing fats. The benefits of seeds in prostate cancer is invaluable, but before the introduction of the diet should consult a doctor.
Flax seeds are really good for men. Due to their composition, they are especially important for maintaining men's health. Note this information, dear men.
Benefits for children
The benefit of flax seed for the adult population we have considered. It should be noted that this natural product is also useful for kids because of its unique composition.
- Diabetes. Unfortunately, not only adults suffer from this disease. Fatty acids together with fiber lower sugar, facilitating the child's condition. Nutritionists recommend that you give flax meal bread to kids when they get sick.
- Constipation. In flax seeds there are a lot of soluble and insoluble dietary fibers, which help to return to normal defecation. Just remember that fiber provides a laxative effect only in conjunction with heavy drinking. Otherwise, it has a firming effect.
- Cardiovascular diseases. Regular consumption of flaxseed helps the child to prevail over many heart diseases that today are not only of concern to adults.
- Immunity. Flax seed has a beneficial effect on the immune system. Doctors recommend that they be used by children who attend a nursery, kindergarten, or school.
- Depressed state. Fatigue, anxiety, depression. Even children face this. Flaxseed charges the children's body with energy. And this charge abound for the accomplishment of vital feats.
We found that flaxseeds are equally useful for all categories of the population, regardless of gender and age. It is not clear why this useful product is included in the diet of only some people.
Contraindications and harm from seeds
Any medical product created in the laboratory or grown in the natural environment has a “point of no return” when, instead of the expected benefit, harm is provided that destroys the body.
- The product is saturated with phytoestrogens. It is recommended to use with care girls in position and nursing mothers.
- Flax seed is better not to use for people who have cholelithiasis or acute cholecystitis.
- A product of plant origin is prohibited to use for people who have poor blood clotting.
Always remember about contraindications when using flaxseed to fight disease or as an additive to food. Consult a doctor before use.
Cyanide. So called deadly poison. This dangerous substance is present in the human body in a small amount and takes part in the metabolism. A small amount of poison is found in thiocyanates, which are naturally found in some plants.
In flaxseed, cyanogenic glycosides are present, involved in metabolism. If the metabolic processes are normal, the person is in good shape. Side effects occur when, for an extended period of time, the daily dose of semen exceeds 50 grams.
This determines the rate of consumption: 2 spoons per day. According to some nutritionists, even 50 grams a lot.
Remember, heat contributes to the breakdown of cyanogenic glycosides. This means that heat treatment helps eliminate risks, even if they are minimal.
Traditional methods of treatment
Flax seed with gastric ulcer
When an ulcer flax seeds due to healing properties have a regenerating and anti-inflammatory effect. This is the merit of polysaccharides, organic acids, vitamins and fiber, which are part of the plant.
Due to the high content of polysaccharides provides enveloping effect. Upon contact with the liquid polymeric carbohydrates are released, as a result of which the water becomes viscous. For the prevention of exacerbations flaxseed is added to drinks and meals. And to relieve symptoms, traditional recipes of decoctions and infusions are used.
Broth with ulcer. On a tablespoon of seed take a liter of boiling water. The mixture is sent to a water bath, waiting for boiling and boil for a quarter of an hour. The composition is set aside and insist 2 hours. Take a decoction before eating.
A positive result provides a course of therapy for two months. Since signs of an ulcer bother people in the spring and fall, treatment strategies provide for short breaks. It helps to get remission.
Infusion with ulcer. The powder obtained from 50 grams of grass grains is dissolved in a liter of boiling water, covered and left until morning. A quarter of an hour before breakfast, drink a stack of infusion. The remaining medication is divided into equal parts and drunk throughout the day. The course of treatment is 1 month.
Sometimes the symptoms of ulcers disappear before the specified time. But even in this case, it is not recommended to stop taking the medicine, since only strict adherence to the rules of administration ensures the result.
Flax seed in gynecology
The seeds, which are discussed, as if specially created by Mother Nature for women's health. They help to cope with many gynecological diseases. The herbal product contains substances that in structure and properties strongly resemble female sex hormones.
If the female body does not produce estrogens in the right amount or there is an excess of them, gynecological problems appear. In gynecology, flaxseed is used for:
- Fighting tumors;
- Normalization of hormonal levels;
- Lactation enhancement;
- Prevention of breast cancer;
- Stabilization of the menstrual cycle.
In flaxseed there are many vitamins, acids and trace elements that the female body needs. Together, these substances help a woman to prolong her youth and stay healthy. This effect is provided by both the seeds and the oil made from them.
Sometimes, due to irregularities in the body, a woman has a hysteromyoma. This type of benign tumor helps to defeat flax seeds. If the size of education is insignificant, gynecologists advise to abandon surgical treatment in favor of the drug course, supplemented by a strict diet.
Flax seeds for diabetes
Flax due to its unique composition is widely used in diabetes. There are carbohydrates in the seeds, but their amount is insignificant, which is important. It is known that people with diabetes are attributed a special diet. We are talking about restrictions regarding the intake of starch and sugar. Therefore, flax seeds are useful for people with this diagnosis.
Flax seeds due to their composition have a preventive effect. If the disease progresses, flax helps prevent the disease from becoming type 1. This is possible due to the impact on the processes occurring in the body.
- Pancreas cells that produce insulin are restored.
- Sugar level decreases.
- It provides a beneficial effect on the work of the urinogenital system. Normal functioning is important in diabetes.
- Stimulated growth of pancreatic islets and poorly differentiated cells.
I note that flax seeds do not have a therapeutic effect only in the case of the latent form of alloxan diabetes.
Flax flour is famous for its incredible healing properties. It is not surprising that it is used in cleansing and healing the body. Culinary masterpieces made from flour help to improve the work of the digestive system, clean the blood of toxins and normalize the metabolism of fats.
The fatty acids contained in the flour strengthen the nails and hair, prevent premature aging of the skin. Flax flour is used to prepare meals for weight loss, and compresses made from it help in the fight against boils and skin diseases.
Flax flour is recommended to include in the diet with schizophrenia and mental illness. American scientists have found that food, which includes flax flour, calms the nervous system of people with mental disabilities and normalizes the well-being of patients in the fight against drug addiction and alcoholism.
To prepare the miraculous flax cereal, the grains are ground in a coffee grinder. Next, add boiling water to the powder container and draw it. Sometimes in the process of cooking rice, buckwheat or wheat flour is added to the composition. In this case, the porridge is slightly boiled to obtain a homogeneous mass.
Linen porridge is recommended to be used for food poisoning, to combat hemorrhoids, in the treatment of diseases of the intestine and stomach. Healing porridge is useful for pregnant and lactating women. Valuable trace elements with which flax flour is saturated enrich the maternal organism with useful substances and improve lactation.
Flax Seed Oil
Flaxseed oil is on the list of healthy foods. Due to its unique healing properties, it has been used in medicine and cosmetology since antiquity. The production technology is based on cold-pressed, thereby retaining all the benefits.
15 ml of oil is enough to satisfy the body’s daily need for acids that accelerate the metabolism of fats. It contributes to losing weight without harm to health. The oil is used for the prevention of cancers, diabetes and atherosclerosis. Eating oil helps to prevent the appearance of fatty plaques in the circulatory system, minimizes the likelihood of blood clots that cause stroke and heart attack.
Flaxseed oil is recommended to season salads. Regular use reduces pressure, normalizes blood viscosity, improves the condition of the skin and hair. Additionally, the oil improves vision and has a positive effect on the kidneys.
If the oil is improperly used and stored, it is fraught with negative effects. Strong and rapid oxidation leads to the disappearance of useful properties. This is facilitated by high temperature and storage in the open. When oxidized in oil radicals are formed, which do not bring benefit to the body. Therefore, flaxseed oil is not friendly with heat treatment.
To avoid problems, buy oil in a dark glass bottle and store at home in a closed container in the refrigerator. Remember, opening a bubble greatly reduces shelf life.
The benefits of decoction of flax seeds for the body
The value of decoction of flax seeds for the body comes down to the fact that there is a lot of mucus in the liquid, which envelops the mucous membranes and provides an antiseptic effect. Most often, the mucous broth is used in the treatment of diseases of the stomach and in the fight against airway inflammation.
Mucus, being on the mucous membrane of an internal organ, lingers for a long time, protecting it from irritation. Protective cover is immune to the effects of gastric juice, due to which a decoction of flaxseed is considered the best natural remedy for inflammation when a strict diet is prescribed.
Decoction of flax seed is recommended to use in many diseases. These include gastritis, gastric ulcer, cough and hoarseness, inflammation of the pharynx, diseases of the oral cavity, obesity. The decoction is also suitable for external use in boils, conjunctivitis and inflammations of the skin of the face. If barley appears on the eye, doctors recommend making warm compresses based on flax decoction.
To prepare a miraculous liquid, a teaspoon of seeds is poured with a glass of boiling water and continuously stirred for 10 minutes to separate the mucus. Then the composition is filtered, waiting for cooling and used up to four times a day.
Remember, flax decoction has contraindications. These include intestinal obstruction, cholecystitis, volvulus and kidney stones.
Flaxseed in cosmetology
Many girls prefer home cosmetics, rather than expensive cosmetics. For hair and skin care, they use various natural products, including flax seeds.
It has been proven that the benefits of flax seeds for women's health are unlimited. По словам историков, еще во времена Клеопатры девушки проводили омолаживающие процедуры с использованием льняного семени.The product is rich in organic compounds and natural hormones that help preserve youth and beauty.
Nourishing and rejuvenating masks make the skin elastic, eliminate wrinkles and nourish with vitamins.
- Flax decoction helps to cope with the peeling of the lips. This broth is suitable for removing the roughness of the heels and dry hands.
- To normalize blood circulation and eliminate leg fatigue, girls make baths. Flax broth is mixed with warm water in equal quantities. In the liquid lower legs for half an hour.
- To improve the condition of the hair is also used flax decoction. It is filtered and used for rinsing. Due to regular washing with infusion, hair becomes strong, shiny and healthy.
- To prepare a useful mask, beat the broth in a blender until smooth, then put on the scalp and cover with a towel. Flax mask restores hair structure and strengthens hair follicles.
Flax seeds - a source of vitamins, fatty acids and valuable trace elements. Proper use brings many benefits to the body, eliminates diseases. Just remember, flax is on the list of medicinal plants. Therefore, before using, be sure to consult your doctor.
To stay beautiful and healthy, nature has created flax, giving miraculous seeds. Just remember, any home treatment should take place after consulting a doctor. Otherwise, a product with a powerful biological effect will only harm. Stay healthy!