Korean carrot (carrot) is an easy-to-cook home-made and very tasty snack, loved by many. It is a light vegetarian dish with lots of spices and low calorie.
Main Ingredient Cleaning Tips
- Before cleaning, thoroughly rinse the carrot under running water.
- Young carrots have a delicate skin that easily lags behind when rinsed with warm water and rubbed with a sponge.
- It is better to scrape a layed vegetable with a sharp knife or use a special vegetable peeler for potatoes.
- A metal scraper sponge is an indispensable tool for cleaning large quantities of carrots, subject to limited time. Evenly scrub the skin, sweeping the surface of the vegetable with a sponge.
- Rinse the vegetable again under running water before rubbing.
Seasoning for Korean carrot
The store sells a large number of ready-made sets of spices for carrots in Korean. If desired, better prepare the seasoning in Korean at home. I offer a classic simple recipe.
- Granulated or dried garlic,
- Ground pepper (red and black),
- Ground coriander.
Adding the last component gives the dish a characteristic nut-spicy flavor, for which we love carrots.
Classic Korean carrot recipe
- Carrots - 1 kg,
- Garlic - 1 big head,
- Vinegar - 4-5 tablespoons,
- Sugar - 3 large spoons,
- Sunflower oil - 100 ml,
- Salt, coriander, black ground pepper - to taste.
- Fresh carrot carefully my. Gently grind. I take a special carrot grater for rubbing a thin straw.
- I add vinegar to the vegetable, pour in vegetable oil, pour sugar in it. I shift the garlic passed through the press. Salt, seasoned with black pepper and coriander.
- Stir the mixture. I taste it. Depending on your taste preferences, pepper or add other spices.
- I remove the Korean-style snack to marinate for 2-3 hours in the fridge, remembering to cover the plate with the top.
Korean carrots for the winter in banks
- Carrots - 1.5 kg
- Garlic - 9 cloves,
- Water - 3.5 cups,
- Sugar - 9 large spoons,
- Salt - 1.5 tablespoons,
- Vegetable oil - 300 ml,
- Vinegar 9 percent - 5 large spoons,
- Ready-made mix of spices for Korean carrots - 1 big spoon.
Helpful advice. If there is, use a special device - an electric shredder-grater. Thanks to the device, the process of cooking carrots in Korean will accelerate several times.
- I rub a vegetable on an ordinary large grater.
- I clean the garlic. I take a special garlic press. I lay each clove and grind.
- I mix the grated vegetable with garlic passed through the press. Add a special blend of spices for cooking in Korean. I mix. Leave for 20-30 minutes.
- Thoroughly wash 0.5 liter cans. Sterilized.
- I spread the vegetable mixture in cans, leaving 1–2 cm of free space up to the neck.
- In a large pot pour water. Put sugar and salt. Pour vegetable oil and add vinegar. I turn on the fire above average. I bring water to a boil, boil for at least 2 minutes.
- Pour hot marinade in banks. I close the lids and set the banks on the floor. I close the blanket tightly. Leave to cool to room temperature. Blanks can be stored in a cool place without direct sunlight.
Recipe without sterilization with onion passivation
- Carrots - 700 g,
- Onion - 1 piece,
- Spices for vegetables in Korean - 2 teaspoons,
- Garlic - 2 cloves,
- Vinegar - 2 large spoons,
- Salt - 1 tsp,
- Sugar - 1 small spoon.
- Cut carrots into thin straws or rub on a grater. I pour sugar and salt. I mix. Add a mixture of seasonings, pour vinegar. I give vegetable preparation to insist 3-4 hours.
- I'm cooking onion roasting. I clean onions, fry in vegetable oil (half a tablespoon is enough) to a light golden state. Add to carrots.
- Finely chop the garlic. I shift to the carrot in Korean. I insist the dish 30-60 minutes. I put it in the jars and close the lids.
Preparations without sterilization will keep freshness for a long time, but it is recommended to eat Korean-prepared carrots for 45-60 days.
Quick recipe with quick marinade
Very simple Korean carrot cooking technology with a minimal amount of ingredients and a very fast marinade. To taste, add more spices.
- Carrots - 500 g,
- Garlic - 2 things,
- Ground black pepper - 1 tsp,
- Sunflower oil - 10 g,
- Soy sauce - to taste.
- My vegetables, brush my. I rub on a grater.
- I take the pan. Pouring vegetable oil. I warm up on high heat. Spread chopped garlic. Add black pepper, mix and remove from heat.
- To the grated carrot add roasted garlic, mix. Pour soy sauce. I give brew for 20-30 minutes. Serving fast carrot in Korean on the table.
Homemade carrot in Korean without vinegar
- Carrots - 3 things,
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp.
- Garlic - 3 cloves,
- Sunflower oil - half a tablespoon,
- Salt, ground black pepper - to taste.
- My and clean the carrots. I rub on a special grater to get a thin straw.
- I clean the garlic cloves. I pass through a special crush. Stir with carrot. Add salt, lemon juice, ground pepper. Carefully interfere.
- In the end, add vegetable oil to the finished carrot in Korean.
How to cook salad "Bunito"
The recipe for spicy boiled chicken and carrot salad in Korean.
- Chicken fillet - 300 g,
- Hard cheese - 200 g
- Eggs - 4 Stuff,
- Homemade Korean carrots - 350 g,
- Mayonnaise - 150 g,
- Salt, ground pepper, coriander - to taste,
- Parsley - for decoration.
- Cooking chicken fillet in a saucepan. In a separate bowl, cook hard-boiled eggs.
- Extract the boiled meat. The broth after the chicken fillet turns out slightly rich. Feel free to merge. I shift the meat in a plate, leave to cool.
- I rub cheese on a fine grater. Brush boiled eggs. Separate the white from the yolk, grind on a grater. Protein rub on a large fraction, the yolk - on a small one.
- Chilled poultry meat cut into pieces. I cut it. Add salt and pepper, for a special flavor - spiced coriander.
- I take a large flat dish. Laying out layers, forming a beautiful salad, like mimosa. At the bottom of a large plate put chicken fillet. I pour the mayonnaise on top, then spread the Korean carrot. After the vegetable should be grated hard cheese. Squeezing mayonnaise.
- Add protein (be sure to water with mayonnaise), and grated yolks on top. I decorate the delicious salad with carrots in Korean style with fresh greens. I use parsley leaves.
How to make Korean carrots with eggplants
Delicious appetizer with an original combination of eggplant and carrot and spicy spices.
- Blue eggplants - 3 things,
- White Sesame - 1 big spoon,
- Sunflower oil - 50 ml,
- Soy sauce - 1 large spoon,
- Garlic - 2 cloves,
- Carrots - 2 things,
- Onions - 2 heads,
- Sugar - 1 tsp,
- Ground coriander - half a teaspoon,
- Nutmeg (in ground condition) - 1 pinch,
- Salt - 1 big spoon,
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 50 ml,
- Fresh parsley - to taste.
- Carefully wash the vegetables. I remove the tails of the eggplant. Cut into strips. I shift to a large plastic dish, add salt and leave for half an hour.
- Onion cut into rings. Carrot rubbed on a grater (better special). Put to chopped vegetables nutmeg, coriander. I put the vegetable mixture aside. Do not fry.
- I take a deep pan. Pour oil and heat it up. Squeeze the sliced eggplants, drain the juice. I fry over medium heat until a light blush appears.
- Hot eggplant put to carrot-onion mixture. Add vinegar, pour soy sauce. From above I spread the garlic crushed by means of a special press. In the end I sprinkle with sesame.
- Stir the ingredients thoroughly. From above I decorate with chopped parsley. I allow it to cool, cover with a lid and put it in the fridge for 2-3 hours. After infusion and cooling, a delicious eggplant-carrot snack in Korean is ready for serving.
Calorie carrots in Korean
Carrots, garlic and spices - not the most high-calorie combination of products, so the Korean snack can be considered a light dish. About 100-130 kilocalories per 100 g of product.
Despite the low energy value, the salad has a high content of vitamins and minerals, but you should not abuse the spicy food (especially with increased acidity of the stomach, other problems with the gastrointestinal tract). Use Korean-style carrots as an extra side dish to main courses, such as homemade lasagna, chickpea falafel, minced under the marinade.
Homemade Korean carrots - simple and unsophisticated, but very tasty snack. It is considered a welcome guest at any table, appropriate for everyday lunches and dinners (in moderation), and for a festive feast for the New Year, like a Russian party.
Prepare the dish at home by adding your favorite spices and adjusting the amount of vinegar, and do not buy ready-made preparations in grocery stores. So tastier and healthier!
Thanks for attention!