Mulled wine - a favorite drink of many people, which is ideal for use in the cold season. It is based on fruits and wine, thanks to which it has a relaxing and warming effect on the body. The topic of conversation will be the recipes of cooking mulled wine at home.
For Christmas in European cities are fairs. In the squares, stalls appear, selling gingerbread, kebabs, hot dogs and mulled wine. Even a small glass of the drink allows you to warm up in a bitter cold, chase away a cold, trying to penetrate the body through thin outer clothing.
To enjoy the taste of the treat, it is not necessary to go to the city center Boil a magnificent mulled wine can be at home. I will share a classic recipe, after which you will be able to spend evenings with a mug of toasting in your hands, sitting in a comfortable chair in front of the TV.
- Dry red wine - 1.5 liters.
- Cinnamon sticks - 3 pcs.
- Cloves - 1 tsp.
- Pepper - 1 tsp.
- Orange - 1 pc.
- Sugar - 120 g
- Water - 250 ml.
- Port - 120 ml.
- Preparing orange zest. To remove using a fine grater or a special knife, focused on cleaning vegetables. Put the zest with spices in a saucepan, add water, put it on the fire.
- Waiting for boiling, boil the spices for about 15 minutes. During this time, the cinnamon sticks will fully open, which will be signaled by the excellent aroma spreading through the room.
- I diminish the fire, add sugar, keep it at a minimum heat. The contents of the pan constantly stir until sugar dissolves. Then pour port, wait 5 minutes, pour in red wine.
- I bring the contents to a temperature of 75 degrees, take off from the stove and leave for half an hour to insist. Before serving, add a few spoons of honey.
Be sure to try this version of the warming drink. Experiencedly you will understand why this particular recipe is in my notebook in the column "Important" and is constantly used.
White Wine Mulled Wine
Prepared on the basis of white wine, mulled wine has unique gastronomic qualities and a considerable number of useful properties, which distinguishes it from the red counterpart. It helps with colds, because white wine is saturated with caffeic acid, recommended for use by people with diseases of the bronchi and lungs.
White mulled wine contains many mineral acids that improve the absorption of proteins, and numerous trace elements strengthen the immune system and produce a tonic effect on the body.
- Dry white wine - 400 ml.
- Honey - 1 tbsp. l
- Orange - 1 pc.
- Lemon - 3 slices.
- Ginger - 1 spine 5 cm long
- Cinnamon sticks - 2 pcs.
- Anise stars - 3 pcs.
- Cardamom - 1 tsp.
- Orange Sugar.
- I pour the wine into a small container, add honey, heat it up with minimal heat. I mix the liquid to dissolve the honey, then add anise, cardamom, cinnamon. I cut the ginger root into slices, take off the orange zest and send the ingredients along with the juice squeezed out of the orange into a container.
- In the future mulled wine put lemon slices. After heating, as judged by the appearance of small bubbles, I put the lid on, turn off the gas, leave for 20 minutes for the spices to reveal the aroma.
Before use, white mulled wine must be filtered. I recommend drinking from transparent cups or glasses, and grapes, apples, oranges or fruit salad can be used as a snack. Perfectly combined with him sweet pastries, cookies, cakes, biscuits, cakes.
Cook mulled red wine
The most popular recipes include the use of red wine and its variations, which has excellent properties, inherited from red mulled wine.
Gourmets know that moderate consumption of red wine has a positive effect on health and improves the functioning of the nervous system. It contains resveratrol - the active substance, the most powerful antimutagen and antioxidant, which reduces cholesterol.
- Red semi-sweet wine - 750 ml.
- Karkade - 150 ml.
- Ground cinnamon - 3 tsp.
- Vanilla - 1 stick.
- Orange - 0.5 pcs.
- Lemon - 1 slice.
- Carnation - 4 pcs.
- Apple - 1 pc.
- Anise - 2 pcs.
- Honey - 4 tbsp. l
- I pour the wine into the pan and heat it up a little over a minimum heat, I do not bring it to a boil. After I introduce karkade, honey, sugar, slices of citrus fruits, crushed apple, spices.
- Before boiling I take off the pan from the heat, cover with a lid, leave for 10 minutes. After filtering, pouring into glasses and serve to the table with a thin slice of lemon. To decorate dishes use oranges and apples.
Red mulled wine is an excellent assistant for bronchitis. Moreover, it allows you to have a great evening. Enough to gather with your family. He will make family conversation fun and joyful.
How to cook non-alcoholic mulled wine at home
High-quality mulled wine perfectly warms and well drunk. If used correctly, a new taste dimension is created. However, it is impossible to please the kids with refreshments, if you do not boil your favorite drink without alcohol, replacing it with fruit juice.
- Fruit juice - 1 liter.
- Apple - 1 pc.
- Lemon - 3 slices.
- Honey - 2 tbsp. l
- Cinnamon sticks - 2 pcs.
- Badian - 2 pcs.
- Other spices - to taste.
- I cut a fresh apple with a peel into large slices and lemon in thin circles. Lemon can be replaced with lime, grapefruit or orange.
- I put the prepared fruits in the pan, add honey, cinnamon, star anise, favorite spices - nutmeg and cloves. Then pour in fruit juice. I advise you to take a cherry, currant or pomegranate.
- I put the pot on the minimum fire and heat mulled wine for at least 5 minutes. Before boiling I put the lid on, turn off the heat, leave for 15 minutes. The aroma of spices is fully revealed, the taste will be unmatched.
- Serving hot non-alcoholic mulled wine homemade in cups or glasses with the addition of apple slices, lemon and some spices.
It goes well with fresh fruit and pastries. Even pancakes make good company.
In the old days, aromatic mulled wine was associated with American or Scandinavian Christmas. Over time, he began the conquest of our country and soon became popular. With a good recipe, you can cook it at home.
- Spices - an obligatory component. Commonly used allspice, ginger, nutmeg, cloves. Some cooks add fruits, natural juices, honey.
- Good wine is required. Perfect dry. Sweet varieties spoil the taste, so they are not used.
- Ingredients need advance preparation. Fruits are doused with water, and citrus fruits are wiped with a brush to eliminate wax deposits. It is not recommended to chop finely, otherwise there will be problems with filtering. Small fruits are usually put whole, large crushed into medium cubes, and citrus divided into slices or cut into slices.
- Spices use whole. It is problematic to grind with ground, they have a bad effect on transparency and hold teeth like sand on teeth. Take sticks, buds and peas. Spices should emphasize the taste of wine, not clog.
- Metal utensils are not suitable for cooking mulled wine. Use ceramic, glass, enameled or silver containers. True, not everyone has silverware and is rarely used, because you don’t want to clean silver again.
- Regardless of the recipe, you can not bring the wine to a boil, otherwise the alcohol will quickly evaporate. The result is a spoiled taste of mulled wine. Ideally, the wine is heated to 80 degrees. A signal of the need to remove white foam on the surface from the heat.
- Often use sugar or honey. To the ingredients completely dissolved, periodically stir. Filter before tasting, then poured into glass goblets. Drink only hot.
- One person should have no more than two cups of mulled wine. This amount is enough to warm up, invigorate and recharge with energy, but not enough for heavy intoxication.
The history of the drink originates in ancient times. For the first time it began to cook the ancient Romans. Then it was significantly different from the treats that are served in restaurants and cafeterias today. Ancient Roman technology involved mixing cool wine with spices and herbs.
ON A NOTE! The mulled wine, which is familiar to us, began to gain popularity in Europe in the Middle Ages. Then used red wine and herbs. Bordeaux was mixed with galangal herb, which tastes like ginger root - spicy, fragrant, with a slight citrus flavor.
Now prepare mulled wine with the addition of water or without. The second important difference is alcohol. There are recipes for combining wine with brandy or rum. The main thing is that the alcohol content in the finished product should be at least 7%.
Now you know the subtleties of cooking mulled wine. Using the described recipes, you make the drink yourself and the kids. As a result, each family member will remain satisfied and happy. Good luck!