Pumpkin - the undisputed leader among vegetables in terms of nutrients. This product has found application in cooking, and in the diet food it has been given a spot. I will tell you how to cook tasty pumpkin porridge with rice and millet in milk.
Recipe for Pumpkin Porridge with Rice on Milk
Pumpkin porridge with rice boasts a low calorie, which can not be said about semolina porridge.
- Pumpkin - 1 kg.
- Rice - 0.5 cup.
- Milk - 2 glasses.
- Oil - 100 g
- Salt, sugar, spices.
- To begin, remove the peel from the pumpkin using a sharp knife. Peeled vegetable cut into cubes of square shape and the same size.
- Pour the pieces with a little water. Half a cup is enough. Put the dishes with the pumpkin on the stove, wait for the water to boil and boil for about ten minutes over low heat.
- Add milk to porridge. From now on, watch the porridge carefully, as milk is an insidious product. At this stage, add salt and sugar, relying on the taste.
- After boiling the milk, send the prepared rice to the container, due to which the consistency of the porridge will become thick. After boiling, boil for a third of an hour. During this time, rice cereal will be cooked.
- After the time, porridge will get a beautiful orange hue, and rice will become almost imperceptible. Send the butter to the pan, and using a spoon, crush the pumpkin pieces that are not boiled soft. It will all mix.
In my recipe are listed and spices. If you like savory dishes, I advise you to add coriander or cardamom. Chopped nuts, pieces of fresh fruit or dried fruits will be a wonderful addition. Which add sweetness or spices, you decide.
Cooking porridge from pumpkin in a slow cooker
In the slow cooker you can cook a variety of dishes, including cabbage rolls, pilaf, pork. Pumpkin porridge in a slow cooker is prepared elementary and brings a lot of joy to the household.
Pumpkin has been used in cooking since ancient times. Residents of various countries baked it on the fire, cooked in the oven. According to one of the recipes, pieces of pumpkin are kept in the oven for about an hour, then sprinkled with sugar and wait another minute. The result is caramel-covered candy with a filling.
- Pumpkin - 400
- Rice - 50 g.
- Milk - 2 glasses.
- Water - 1 cup.
- Butter - 30 g.
- Sugar, salt, vanilla, cinnamon.
- Wash the pumpkin, cut off the peel, remove the bones and cut into large-sized cubes. Then send in a thicket multicookers and cover with water.
- Activating the baking mode, cook for 20 minutes. Then put rice in the bowl and cook another ten minutes. After pouring milk into the bowl, wait until it boils, activate the extinguishing mode and set the timer for an hour.
- After the time, pour the porridge into plates and add a little butter to each serving. If there is no oil, use a heavy cream. It will remain seasoned with vanilla and cinnamon, and serve to the table along with honey.
This cooking technology helps to make a wonderful treat with whole pumpkin pieces. If you like a uniform consistency, knead the pumpkin with a wooden spoon before filling the rice.
How to cook pumpkin porridge with millet
After reviewing the recipe described below, you will see that it is easy to prepare an esk, but certain knowledge and skills will not interfere. To speed up the cooking process, I skip the pumpkin through the grater. You can cut a vegetable into slices or chop with a combine. I advise you to fill the finished dish with condensed milk, sour cream, cream, Nutella or butter.
- Pumpkin Pulp - 350 g
- Water - 1 cup.
- Milk - 1 cup.
- Millet - 0.5 cup.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. spoon.
- Cinnamon, salt, vanilla, butter.
- Spoil through, rinse and cover with water. Pumpkin pulp cut into pieces, pass through a medium grater, put in a saucepan, add water and put on the gas.
- When the water boils, reduce the heat and cook on low heat until soft. It usually takes 15 minutes. Next, in the pot, send the millet, mix and cook until the cereal is ready.
- As soon as the porridge becomes thick, add milk along with sugar, salt, a pinch of vanillin and a small amount of cinnamon. After mixing, hold porridge on the stove until you get the desired consistency.
Remove the finished dish from the stove, arrange in plates and add butter. For this purpose, suitable and other gas stations, which I mentioned above. The oil version is considered a classic.
Such pumpkin porridge is tasty, healthy and satisfying. The ingredients provided by the recipe are rich in minerals and beneficial substances, and their mixture makes the dish an ideal option for breakfast.
Interesting facts about pumpkin and porridge from it
In conclusion, I will add that pumpkin is a vegetable that has long been grown and used in cooking in Russia. It serves various dishes, including pies, casseroles, and cereals.
To date, there are a large number of recipes, and the top of the leadership belongs to porridge in milk with the addition of cereals. It is served hot with butter. The perfect combination of milk, cereals and pumpkins provides the body with a large number of useful elements.
There is no fat in pumpkin porridge, but there are a lot of vitamins. This is the therapeutic and nutritional benefits. The dish should be included in the diet of a person who wants to lose weight. Porridge is recommended for use in diseases of the endocrine system, liver and heart.
Porridge cooked with millet is healthier, because cereals have excellent dietary qualities. Millet cleans blood vessels, normalizes cholesterol and reduces the intensity of production of subcutaneous fat. After eating a portion of pumpkin porridge, satisfy your hunger, saturate the body with vitamins, enjoy the taste and burn a couple of hundred grams of weight.
The masterpiece also has contraindications. Pumpkin porridge is not recommended for people who suffer from diabetes, low acidity or illnesses of the pancreas. It is better to bypass it to those in whom the vegetable causes allergies.
I think now cooking delicious pumpkin porridge is not a secret for you. Take a moment, get a vegetable and cook this magnificent dish. It compensates for the work of excellent taste and benefit.