Urticaria is a collection of ailments, which are characterized by the appearance of red blisters on the skin, the size of which reaches several centimeters. The disease is accompanied by itching, and when pressed, the skin lesions become pale. Let's take a closer look at how to treat urticaria in adults and children at home.
Symptoms and treatment of urticaria in adults
As practice shows, every third adult faces a urticaria at least once in their life. At first glance, the disease resembles a nettle burn, which is characterized by a red blistering rash.
In adults, the ailment is serious, and in some cases becomes chronic.
- A rash occurs quickly and is accompanied by blisters that appear all over the body and resemble a nettle burn or an insect bite. Characterized by severe itching along with burning sensation. Allergic rashes are symmetrical and large in size.
- A feature of the rash is the ability to stop after another attack. The skin returns to its former state, and no pigment spots or scars remain after the blisters.
There are various causes of the disease - allergy to drugs, infection of a focal nature, diseases of the digestive tract, food allergies and heredity.
In most cases, the appearance of a skin inflammatory process is preceded by a failure of the immune system, as a result, the sensitivity to a high content of biologically active substances increases. This leads to an increase in the amount of histamine in the blood and a decrease in the ability of the human body to inactivate.
A major role in the appearance of urticaria is played by disturbances in the work of the nervous and vegetative systems. For this reason, before starting treatment, doctors examine a patient, study pathogenesis, and take into account genetic features. Otherwise, the fight against illness hurts health.
- Doctors concentrate on detecting an irritant that causes allergies. In most cases, this provocateur act drugs. If after taking the drug itching appeared, and the condition of the skin became restless, it should be abandoned.
- If the disease manifested itself after a meal, remove the allergen from the diet by exclusion. As practice shows, adult hives cause wine, chocolate, milk, beer, fish, peanuts and citrus fruits.
- If ultraviolet rays contribute to the occurrence of the disease, use a sunscreen. When the rash appears, a cream called Celestoderm will come to the rescue. It relieves itching and stops the inflammatory process.
- In the case of the acute form of urticaria, when an allergic reaction is caused by cold, insect bites or animal hair, antiallergic drugs are used, including Suprastin and Tavegil.
With proper and persistent therapy, the results will not keep you waiting, and the disease will recede. I recommend to be treated with the involvement of doctors.
Symptoms and treatment of urticaria in children
Urticaria is considered to be a common childhood disease of an allergic nature that affects the skin. Her symptoms are easily diagnosed even by parents. Usually the disease bothers children up to the age of three. With the disease it is impossible to ski or to relax in the summer.
Symptoms in children
- Urticaria is accompanied by the appearance on the body of blisters of red or pink color, of various sizes and shapes. The rash is itchy. Baby scratches, which leads to an increase and merging of skin lesions.
- A rash is the skin’s response to an allergen in the body that triggers histamine production, which leads to thinning of the vascular walls.
- The skin gets excess fluid, which leads to edema and moisture-filled blisters. The main thing is that the rash quickly and completely disappears from one place and appears in another.
In children, the disease is caused by various stimuli that are contained in medicines, foodstuffs, perfumes, and dyes. Often the appearance of the disease contribute to various infections, resins, insect bites, impurities in the air and physical stimuli, including dust, fluff and others.
How to treat hives in children
The treatment is carried out in several stages. First, the effect of the allergen is eliminated, then the body is cleansed, then medications are taken and the diet is observed.
- First, eliminate the factors that trigger the disease. If food allergy caused the disease, remove the pathogen from the child's body. To achieve the effect, use laxatives, plenty of drinks and cleansing enemas.
- Effective are antihistamines, eliminating the rash, reducing itching and alleviate the course of the disease. They are prescribed in the form of injections or tablets.
- It is recommended to take drugs before bedtime, especially if the illness caused insomnia in a baby. To eliminate itching, compresses are used based on the composition consisting of a glass of water and a spoonful of vinegar.
- The diet maintains the effect of treatment and does not allow the irritant to re-enter the body. The duration of the diet is three weeks.
Urticaria in children is an interesting, important and informative topic. I was not able to fully consider it, since I am not a doctor, however, it became possible to write a fact-finding material.
The final part of the article is devoted to the diet and prevention of urticaria. In this disease, include in the diet steamed and boiled vegetables, kefir, cottage cheese and fruits that do not cause allergies. It does not hurt for a while to give up confectionery, canned foods and salt. During rehabilitation, do not eat eggs, red peppers, apples, smoked foods, honey, cocoa, beets and seasonings.
During the treatment of blisters do not use cosmetics, as it will aggravate the situation. When urticaria refuse hot baths and sunburn, because ultraviolet rays adversely affect the skin, especially in the irritated state. If the disease has manifested itself in the warm season, before leaving the house, apply sunscreen to your skin.
Prevent the appearance of acute urticaria impossible. But you can avoid the recurrence of the chronic form. To do this, promptly treat diseases that contribute to the appearance of urticaria, regularly undergo examination, refuse from cigarettes, alcohol and drugs.
Avoid overheating, hypothermia, tight clothing and stressful situations, carefully handle cosmetics and household chemicals, and take medications under the supervision of doctors.
For chronic urticaria, keep a first aid kit and a list of factors that provoke the disease. These measures will not get rid of the rash, but will help control itching and maintain social activity.
I hope the material has become a source of useful and interesting information for you.