Many people, regardless of age and staty, are interested in how to remove the gum from clothes at home, which stick and spoil the look of clothing. This trouble can happen in an unexpected place. Hang your cud on your favorite pants in a cafe, public transport and even in the park, sitting on the bench.
Spare clothing is not always at hand, but do not panic. Calm down and do not immediately try to remove the gum. If it sticks to the fabric, hasty actions will bring disastrous results. Be patient and go home, where you save the thing.
There are many ways to remove sticking misfortune. Some are very common, while others are used less frequently, because they are based on knowledge in the field of chemistry. If you are in an unpleasant situation, listen to good advice. I will consider a number of ways to combat chewing gums stuck to clothes.
12 effective ways to remove chewing gum
- Freezer. Freezing is considered the most effective way to remove from pants and other clothing. Put the injured thing in the bag and send it to the freezer for an hour. During this time, the gum will freeze and fall off. If this does not happen, gently scrape.
- Ice. When putting a thing in the freezer does not work, try to get rid of contamination with ice, putting it at the desired point. After hardening, remove the cud with a stiff brush. The equipment is suitable for removal from winter clothes, carpets, carpets and other things.
- Hot water. To use this method, you will need an assistant. While he is pouring boiling water over the damaged item from the kettle, you remove the gum with a toothbrush. To improve the efficiency of the “hot method”, dip the dirty clothes in boiling water and, without removing, skim the gum with a sharp knife. If the stain remains, repeat the action.
- Iron. Iron can be removed from the gum. Using blotting paper, gauze or a piece of cloth, iron the polluted area thoroughly. However, after removal, there may be a speck on the clothes. In this case, resort to the help of stain remover. Apply it to the dirt, wait and fix the stain.
- Wedge wedge. To remove the chewing gum is often used chewing gum. Chew it up well, stick it to the polluted point and peel it off before getting the result.
- Hair dryer. Helps to solve the problem and household hair dryer. Using the device, preheat the gum and remove it with a toothbrush or a clothes brush. If the hair dryer did not help, pay attention to the following methods.
- Peanut butter. Use this method carefully and carefully. The main thing that means did not get on a pure fragment of clothes. Oil cover sticky gum, and then scrape with a blunt object. Then wash the thing. If it was impossible to prevent the oil from getting onto the clean cloth, moisten the stain with a stain remover, and send the item to the washing machine.
- The sprays. The hardware store sells a special gum-targeting tool. The technique of application is a bit like the first two methods. Spray cools the soiled surface. Apply the product and wait a little, then remove the contamination with improvised means. Sprays do an excellent job with stains after removing sticky adversity.
- Vinegar. The technology is suitable for cleaning jeans. Heat a small amount of vinegar and, using a toothbrush, apply to the gum. Perform manipulations quickly, vinegar is effective only in the form of heat.
- Chemistry. Some housewives solve the problem with toluene. Apply this technical liquid to the affected area and wash the clothes with regular powder. Suitable for removal and acetone. Nail polish remover effectively removes gum from coats, fur coats and carpets, without spoiling color.
- Washing. If the problem is deeply ingrained in clothes, washing will help. Soak damaged clothes and apply detergent to the dirt. When the chewing gum softens, carefully remove and wash the thing.
- Dry cleaning. Use if the listed methods do not bring results. Masters working in the organization, using professionalism, will conduct with the affected clothing a number of manipulations to eliminate pollution. They will take into account the structure and composition of the fibers of the material. The technique is the safest.
Sometimes gum attacks not clothes, but shoes. The methods listed above are inconvenient or ineffective in this case. To cope with the problem can be a different way. Take a cotton swab and blot with acetone or alcohol. Wipe off the dirt thoroughly and remove with a knife.
I advise you to always watch where you sit. This will reduce the likelihood of a problem. But this lump is not always noticeable. If you sit down on the cud, treat the problem with a smile, and my recommendations will help to solve it. Good luck!