Hello dear readers! Let's discuss the question of how to get rid of the smell of cat urine in an apartment in shoes, on furniture and carpet. Many have a favorite pet, and this material will be useful.
How to remove the smell of cat urine in shoes
People who like pets face a problem when a specific smell appears in the apartment, indicating the presence of living creatures in the house. Cat breeders get into the most delicate situations, although the owners of dogs do not lag behind.
They know the habit of "marking the territory" of pets. It is not surprising that they are interested in the issue of combating the smell of cat urine in the shoes. Small puddles are found on clothes, behind furniture and in remote corners of the home. Unsterilized cats usually "mark territory". With the help of urine, animals designate a place where they hunt, get food, or live. Notes and cats are left on the shoes, the urine of which "smells" is also impressive, especially in spring, when the season of love games begins.
Children’s and men’s shoes are usually the target of cat abuse, although women’s shoes also suffer. The relationship is due to the fact that people on shoes bring odors to the house that seem suspicious and threatening to pets. To eliminate the source of danger, the cat interrupts the smell with urine.
- Washing. The easiest way to eliminate the smell of urine in your shoes. It is used in cases with shoes made of thick fabric. We are talking about sneakers, sneakers and sports sneakers. To prevent the drum from getting damaged during the washing process, wrap your shoes in an old duvet cover. I think washing is a universal method of dealing with the stench of feline origin. If the animal left a stain on the shoes of soft fabric, pour this place with boiling water.
- Hydrogen peroxide. For the treatment of the inner surface of the injured shoes are suitable means to eliminate odors. Among them is hydrogen peroxide, which is characterized by high efficiency. Peroxide process traces of cat urine, not missing folds and seams. Hydrogen peroxide has decolorizing properties and the site treated with the medium can lighten. But the shoes cease to produce an unpleasant smell in two or three hours.
- Citrus Essential Oils. Cats do not like the smell of tangerines, lemons and oranges. Therefore, essential oils of a concentrated type are a weapon against cat urine. Treat not only shoes, but also clothes, interior items and nooks in housing.
- Formidron preparation. It is used by people whose feet sweat. But the tool is suitable for our purpose. Numerous reviews indicate that the drug eliminates strong and sharp odors. Only use Formidron carefully, using gloves and a respirator. The main component of the drug is formaldehyde - a toxic substance.
If the pet has committed a crime, do not scold. The first step is to establish the motive of the offense. Cats have a great memory and if they get a chance for revenge, they use it.
Do not provoke a pet to another achievement. Make sure that there is a clean filler in the tray, and dirty shoes are not lying around the apartment. Cats are cleanmen who like to dwell in an environment where their smells prevail, and not the "darlings" of dirty clothes and street scents.
Get rid of cat urine smell on furniture
The hardest thing to get rid of stains and the smell of cat urine on the furniture in the apartment. Having been absorbed into the material, the liquid in the drying process exudes a fetid odor. The smell will not disappear, you have to fight it.
If you find a fresh puddle, do not hesitate. If urine penetrates deep into the furniture, it will be more difficult to get rid of the smell. Clean up as quickly as possible, and helpers and folk remedies will help.
- Blot the stain with toilet paper, napkin or paper towel. Fold the paper six times and towel four times, otherwise a thin layer will quickly soak and stain the furniture. Use the method until the paper is dry.
- Cover the stain with a cloth and use the iron. Iron the wet surface. Under the influence of heated air, the urine will evaporate. Do not iron the upholstery of the sofa without using fabric and do not leave the iron on the surface without movement. Trying to speed up the procedure, you risk getting a hole in the furniture.
- If an urgent need to bring furniture in order, use a hairdryer. Keep it away from the material for 5-10 minutes.
The urine of pets smells unpleasant, so you need to make an effort and try to wean the pet to meet needs at the place where family members rest.
Cat urine leaves white stains. Therefore, we have to solve two problems. One of them comes down to fighting odor, and the second is to cleaning upholstery from dirt.
- Apply vinegar to the stain. Wear gloves before the procedure. For half a liter of water, take one hundred milliliters of vinegar, mix, and with a solution, treat the surface of the stain and dry with a hairdryer.
- Concentrate on uric acid control. Place a cat crime sprinkle with baking soda after the upholstery has dried.
- The next step involves the preparation of a solution of water and hydrogen peroxide. Ingredients mix in the same proportions and add half a spoonful of detergent to them.
- Using a sprayer, apply the liquid to the soda, which will immediately foam. An hour later, brush the surface with a wet rag. From the smell of urine and stains will not remain.
I should add that they are selling products that deal with the smell of cat urine, as well as drugs that frighten cats from furniture.
Before you buy such a tool, try the popular recommendations. As a result, pleasant and fresh aromas will prevail in the house, and you will get a chance to save.
How to get rid of cat urine smell on the carpet
Small kittens choose their own place for the toilet, and the owner's opinion does not interest them. Often in the field of view kittens gets the carpet. It takes several days after the pet's appearance in the dwelling and the carpet becomes a source of strong odor.
It is possible to take a terrible smell from a carpet in different ways, take the product to dry cleaning or cope with the task yourself. In any case, it is necessary to find out why the cat ignores the tray in order to protect the house from the appearance of similar smells in the future.
- The cat may not be satisfied with the size of the toilet. When choosing a tray, be sure to follow the length of the animal. The length of the tray should be more than one and a half times.
- Perhaps the kitten does not like the place where the tray is. Look for a more nook. Cats do not like if there is another pet's tray next to the toilet.
- Unsanitary conditions are another reason why cats refuse to visit the tray. The animals are very clean and have an excellent sense of smell. It’s impossible to force a cat to go to a tray that is dirty and smells bad. As a result, the cat uses a knitted hat lying on the floor as a toilet.
- Frightened, the pet may fall into depression. In some cases, trying to calm down, the cat marks territory. During this process, it dispenses urine. Therefore, be sure to identify the cause of stress and eliminate.
- The appearance of puddles in the wrong place often indicates revenge for insults. If you hurt your pet, be patient and make amends. With regard to the use of brute force and isolation of the animal, these techniques will aggravate the situation.
- The appearance of cat urine in different places of the apartment is often preceded by the appearance in the house of new objects and things that pets consider as a threat. Using urine, pets put labels, showing unfamiliar objects who is the master in the house.
- Cats and cats in one moment begin to mark possession. With the help of secretions, the male demonstrates superiority, and the female attracts members of the opposite sex. Such is the nature of animals.
We considered the main reasons why cats ignore the tray. In most cases, the fault of the owner and his attitude to the pet. Keeping pets should be a hobby, not a burden. Only in this case, the pet will become obedient and fill the life of the owner with joy.
Now let's talk about folk ways to deal with the smell of urine on the carpet in the apartment. I will consider only the most effective methods.
- Treat urine light carpets with a solution of vinegar and water. As for colored products, in this case apply a stain remover.
- Moisten the stain with water and cover with a layer of soda. After the water has evaporated, the carpet should be vacuumed or blown out. As a result, the soda will be removed along with the smell.
- To clean old carpets, use a solution of water and chlorine. Pay attention to the handling of a feline crime scene. Such a tool will not spoil even a light carpet. Alternatively, use a combination technique: chlorine first, then soda. At the end of the procedure, vacuum the product and ventilate the room.
- In the hardware store buy detergent to eliminate unpleasant odors. Treat the contaminated surface, dry and vacuum. This will remove the smell and refresh the carpet.
If possible, wash the carpet on the river or in the yard. Even a perfect anti-odor remedy is no match for washing. Additionally, it will provide comprehensive carpet cleaning.
Why cats do not go to the tray?
If an adult and trained cat often fulfills needs in the wrong place, by refusing to visit the tray, look closely at it and make sure that the animal feels normal. As you know, the pet can not tell the owner about health problems. Therefore, oddities in behavior that were not previously available may signal this.
Often the cat protests. In this case, toilet war will not lead to anything good. Find out what your pet doesn't like and correct.
Perhaps you have chosen the wrong place for the tray and the cat, trying to make relief intimate, looking for a cozy corner. As a result, small pools, accompanied by a fetid odor, appear now under the beds, then behind the cabinets.
The cat may not like the filler for the tray. It seems to the owner that the means differ only in cost, the pet pays attention to all the qualities of the product. It is about his rustling, smell, pleasantness of instillation.
Do not get rid of the vile smell in the apartment until you satisfy the pet's whims. Do not forget, repressive methods are ineffective.
How to teach a kitten to the tray
In the final part of the article we consider how to teach a kitten to the tray. The solution of the problem depends on a number of factors, the main of which is considered to be the correct and competent schooling of the kitten to use the tray. The main thing is not to overreact, and then the pet will begin to meet needs anywhere.
If you decide to make friends with a pet tray, follow the rules that will facilitate the achievement of the goal. Cats are freedom-loving and independent animals, but to convince them really.
- If the pet has left a wet and foul-smelling tag, quickly remove it, otherwise the place will be fixed in the pet's brain as an emptying point.
- If the pet is still using the space behind the door or a rug for needs, rub it with garlic, the smell of which cats hate.
- Watch the kitten all the time. As soon as it begins to cobble in the wrong place, move it to the tray.
- The role of a cat pot is suitable tray with a double base or a product with a filler, so that the animal masks the selection.
- Teach your pet to the pot, be patient, calm and consistent. If you poke your face into a puddle of urine, the pet will be offended, and in the future, the luck will be emptied in the most visible place.
In time, wait for the moment when the pet becomes obedient and begins to use the tray. This will be a reason to open a bottle of wine and get a biscuit from the fridge. But, even after the celebration of the event, do not dull the vigilance. Pet may change his mind and equip the toilet behind the closet.
If this happens, chat with him and be ashamed. Feeling guilty, the kitten will turn its face away and slip away. If you undeservedly punish the little animal, apologize. The cat will discern the intonation of the voice and forgive.
Try the tips in practice and find a loyal friend, if not a full-fledged member of a large family. Good luck!