Previously, the vinaigrette was prepared by famous chefs, and the dish itself was found only on the royal table. Now everyone can make such a salad at home.
Classic salad is a useful, light, inexpensive snack that has a positive effect on the work of the digestive system. The list of required ingredients is represented by pickles, potatoes, beets. Still add sauerkraut or pickled apples.
- Potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Beets - 1 pc.
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Pickled cucumber - 2 pcs.
- Sauerkraut - 100 g
- Wet apple - 1 pc.
- Vinegar - 0.25 cup.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Spring onions, dry mustard, sugar and vinegar.
- Individually boil carrots, potatoes, beets. Prepared vegetables cut into strips or cubes. Also chop the apple and cucumber. Ingredients folded in a bowl, add the slaw.
- The next step involves the preparation of refills. In a small bowl pour a little water, add dry mustard, sugar, butter, and salt. After thorough mixing, dilute the mixture with apple cider vinegar.
- Before serving, season with sauce, shift to a bowl, sprinkle with chopped onion.
For decoration, use slices of boiled beets, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers.
Delicious Bean Vinaigrette
The following recipe, which I will introduce - vinaigrette with beans. If the vegetables are not boiled, but cooked in the oven, the dish will receive unsurpassed flavoring and aromatic qualities.
- Potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Beets - 1 pc.
- Pickled cucumber - 1 pc.
- Dry beans - 0.5 cup.
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Salt, parsley, lettuce.
- Rinse and soak the beans in cold water for about 7 hours. Water to replace, put the beans cooked on low heat. Two hours to remove from the stove, recline in a colander.
- Boil potatoes and beets without peeling. I recommend cooking separately. After cooling, boiled vegetables together with cucumber cut into cubes.
- Prepared products mix, salt, pour oil. Before serving, garnish with parsley and lettuce. The result is a beautiful snack.
In vinaigrette, you can add a little sauerkraut, pickled mushrooms or pickled apples. Consider, the taste depends on the quality of the cutting ingredients. The finer the ingredients are sliced, the tastier the salad will turn out. The second is suitable fried potatoes or boiled rice with meat.
Original recipe with herring
In the old days, the French sauce was called a vinaigrette, for the preparation of which olive oil, sugar, wine vinegar, salt, and mustard are used. It was used as a dressing for various salads, one of which was given the title vinaigrette. At the heart were only fresh and boiled vegetables.
Beans, pickled milk mushrooms, sauerkraut, and even homemade herring are often added to the vegetable salad.
- Potatoes - 5 pcs.
- Large beets - 1 pc.
- Carrot - 2 pcs.
- Onions - 2 heads.
- Herring fillet - 1 pc.
- Sunflower oil - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 tbsp. spoon.
- Scallions, sugar, pepper and salt.
- Wash the potatoes, beets, carrots and steam. After cooling, cut the potatoes and carrots into small cubes, and finely chop the beets (be sure to try the taste to adjust the amount of sugar).
- Cut the herring fillet into small slices, as for the herring under a fur coat, and chop the onion after peeling into half rings. If you cut into cubes, the taste will not suffer. As you like.
- For the sauce, blend the vegetable oil with vinegar, and then mix with mustard, sugar, salt.
- Combine the minced fish with chopped onion, mix thoroughly, pour in a few spoons of the prepared sauce, leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Mix herring and onion with chopped vegetables and dress with sauce. Salt a little, season with pepper. After mixing, send in the fridge for two hours. This is enough to make the ingredients soaked in dressing.
Serve in portions or in a salad bowl, pre-decorated with onions and herbs.
I recommend serving a salad with herring a la carte. With the help of a culinary ring of slices of rye bread make circles, which will serve as the basis. Without removing the ring, fill it with a salad. It remains to remove the ring, decorate the vinaigrette and serve to the table on dessert plates.
How to cook in a slow cooker
Classical methods of cooking vinaigrette are known to all hostesses. But, the recipe in the crock-pot, is known to units. I recently tried it out. The results of the experiment surprised, and the finished dish turned out successful.
The first plus vinaigrette in a slow cooker - steamed vegetables. Such processing preserves the taste, benefit and color. More vitamins remain in them, which is important. After cooking the beets in the pan, there are difficulties with washing dishes, which is hard to wash. The use of multicooker eliminates this need. Plus, do not have to cut the boiled vegetables, they are cut raw, and then mixed.
During the experiment, one drawback was found - it takes different amounts of time to prepare different foods. Therefore, try to timely remove the cooked vegetables from the slow cooker.
- Potatoes - 3 pcs.
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Beets - 1 pc.
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Pickles - 4 pcs.
- Canned peas - 0.5 banks.
- Salt, greens, pepper and vegetable oil.
- Wash the potatoes with beets and carrots, peel and cut into cubes. In the bowl of the multicooker pour a liter of water, put the chopped vegetables. Activate steam cooking mode.
- After about forty minutes, remove the potatoes from the container and put them on a platter. Carrots and beets cook further. After another twenty minutes, remove the carrot. It usually takes about eighty minutes to cook beets.
- Cut salted cucumbers, put them in a salad bowl with chopped onion and canned peas. Put potatoes together with carrots there, add salt and pepper.
- Putting beets last. It remains to pour with vegetable oil and mix thoroughly.
Arrange the vinaigrette before serving and decorate with greens. It goes well with potatoes, baked lamb, and other dishes.
Vinaigrette is present in the menu of every person living in our country. Contrary to the French name and Prussian roots, this is a Russian dish. In ancient times, only herring and beets were used. It is difficult to say why herring was replaced with carrots and potatoes. However, now the treat is perfect for a lean table, an everyday menu, a festive feast.
Thanks to the efforts of the chefs, the salad was refined to the modern version, caught on in the country, became as popular as Olivier.
I will share a few tips.
- To preserve the color of the vegetables, cut the beets first and fill the butter well.
- Many vinaigrette recipes involve the use of pickled cucumbers and sunflower oil. The combination of these products reduces shelf life. At a time, refuel as much as eat in one go.
- The benefits of the salad are indisputable, especially in winter. Doctors recommend it even to nursing mothers.
The article with recipes for vinaigrette came to an end. Not every housewife is eager to cook it because of the long and laborious preparation of ingredients. I think the result is worth it. The time you spend on cooking will more than pay off with the sincere gratitude of the people to whom you present this "Russian salad".