In today's article I will tell you how to cook semolina porridge without lumps. Many novice chefs want to learn how to make semolina of uniform consistency, but their attempts most often end in failure.
How to cook porridge with milk
Semolina is a simple, tasty and nutritious dish. Not every housewife dares to cook it, as it is not always possible to weld a good semolina.
Cooking methods are many. However, the best taste has semolina, for the preparation of which fresh milk is used.
I will give you a recipe for semolina on milk, so that you can prepare a flawless dish. Observe the proportions provided by the recipe, and the sequence of stages of preparation.
- Milk - 1 cup.
- Water - 1 tbsp. spoon.
- Groats - 4 tsp.
- Sugar and butter.
- For making decoys in milk, take the dishes with a thick bottom. The thickness of the bottom depends on whether the semolina will burn. Moreover, burning can be avoided by adding a small amount of water.
- Pour water into prepared dishes and turn on a small fire. Immediately add cool milk to the pan and wait for it to begin to rise. Then reduce the heat and pour semolina thin stream. Stir the contents of the pan all the time. The result is a homogeneous porridge without lumps.
- Boil for three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the stove, add some sugar and mix. Cover the dishes with a lid and leave for a quarter of an hour. After this time, the semolina will absorb the milk. The result is thick porridge.
You can make a real delicacy from the dish if you add a little butter and some jam to the porridge before serving. I add quince jam. Get a real culinary masterpiece.
Cooking semolina porridge on the water
Culinary fashion welcomes cooking diet and low-calorie dishes. To keep up with the times and not to deviate from the trends, I suggest to talk about how to cook semolina on water.
The semolina is a unique cereal, for the production of which soft wheat varieties are used. It is rich in phosphorus, calcium and nutrients for the human body.
Semolina is a dietary product, especially if cooked without the addition of milk and sugar. It will make fresh porridge, so add some raisins. The recipe for water is extremely simple. Just remember, semolina tends to lump up. Therefore, in the cooking process constantly stir.
The most crucial step in the recipe is mixing the cereal with water. To prevent the appearance of lumps semolina often and quickly stir.
- Groats - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Butter - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Raisin - 1 tbsp. spoon.
- Sugar and salt.
Ingredients are shown per serving of semolina. If you are afraid of gaining weight or is contraindicated to consume sugar, exclude this ingredient. If there are no restrictions, use sugar.
- Pour the cereal into the pan and evenly distribute along the bottom. This must be done. The semolina is constantly tumbling into lumps, and in the case of water, their number is much greater.
- Add water to the pan and mix. I recommend using warm water. Pour the semolina porridge while boiling.
- After boiling water in the pot add a little sugar. Salt to taste.
- Boil the semolina on the water for at least five minutes, stirring all the time. Do not digest, otherwise the croup will melt.
- Add butter. It is not necessary to clean the dish from the stove. Together with the oil in a saucepan, send a little raisins and mix thoroughly.
Now you thoroughly know how to cook semolina on water. If you like butter, put as much as you like, do not spoil the porridge with butter.
How to cook semolina in a slow cooker
Many housewives cook milk porridges and soups. Each of them knows well that in the process of cooking these dishes must be carefully monitored. Otherwise, the milk just "run away". Modern kitchen appliances help to avoid this problem if you know the recipe for semolina in a slow cooker.
Semolina, perhaps the only dish that accompanies a person throughout life.
- Groats - 0.5 cups.
- Water - 1.5 cups.
- Milk - 2 glasses.
- Sugar and butter.
- Semolina is famous for its ability to absorb liquid. For this reason, the ratio of semolina to liquid should be at least 1 to 7.
- In the multicooker container, fill the semolina with a small amount of sugar and mix. As a result, when cooking does not form lumps.
- In a slow cooker pour milk and put a piece of butter. If you want to cook for the baby, dilute the milk with water. For adults, cereal on one milk is great.
- Activate Multi-cook mode. At a temperature of 90 degrees semolina prepares about a third of an hour.
- After the specified time the semolina is ready. Perhaps after opening the lid porridge will seem a little watery, then just mix the semolina thoroughly.
Not all children like this dish. If you cook it in a slow cooker, they will be satisfied. I tested it in practice many times.
The semolina, cooked in a slow cooker, has a pleasant texture and delicate taste. If you flavor it with a few spoons of honey, you get a real masterpiece that no one will refuse.
The benefits and harms of semolina
In the final part of the article we consider the benefits and harm of semolina.
The semolina contains magnesium, calcium and phosphorus in a small amount, since the useful substances are concentrated in the shell of wheat grain, which is removed during manufacture. At the same time, each nugget contains a lot of potassium and vitamins.
Pediatric doctors recommend giving semolina to children after a year. In porridge there is no fiber. Consequently, the baby's stomach easily copes with this product. Until one year to give semolina children can not. It contains a lot of gluten, which in children causes an allergic disorder. In semolina lot phytin, which prevents the absorption of calcium. That is why berries or fruits are added to porridge that neutralize this substance.
Munk helps cleanse the body of mucus and eliminate fat. It acts as a source of energy and beneficially affects the muscles and bones of a person. Doctors recommend semolina to people suffering from exhaustion, intestinal ailments, after operations on the intestines or stomach, people with poor digestion. Developed even a special diet based on milk and semolina.
In some cases, semolina is harmful. Children should not be given up to one year old, contraindicated for people with calcium deficiency and gluten allergy.
The article came to an end, how to cook semolina without lumps on milk and water. I dedicated the story to the preparation of the perfect decoy and paid attention to the benefits and harms. I wish you health and good appetite. See you!