The restaurant business has always remained profitable, including the first eateries or taverns, if properly organized. Creating a restaurant is a large-scale and ambitious project, a cafe is less costly in all respects.
To begin developing a business plan, determine target visitors, menus, location and unique differences from competitors. Pricing policy must comply with the chosen cafe format. If you decide to open a youth cafe, definitely expensive dishes and drinks are inappropriate.
Who opens a cafe, usually register PI or LLC. PI is much easier and more profitable to open, but alcohol can not be sold. Only a legal entity can obtain a sale license. The benefit of IP is that you can build work on the patent system of taxation.
If it is decided to open a cafe in the form of an LLC, the optimal form of taxation is the imputed income tax (single tax on imputed income) or “imputed”. In this case, the premises of the cafe should not exceed 150 sq.m. Individual entrepreneurs sometimes choose the simplified taxation system (simplified taxation system) or “simplified payment system”, but they advise a more advantageous form — PSN (patent). In this situation, the room should not exceed 50 sq.m. (only service hall is considered). The approximate annual cost of the patent is 180,000 rubles. If you open several cafes, the hall area of which does not exceed 50 square meters, and all of them are located in the same subject, a patent is needed one.
Accounting documentation and tax accounting can be maintained independently or resort to the help of online services.
Documents and Permissions
To open a cafe you need a lot of various permits and approvals. If redevelopment is required in the selected premises, a technical project, conclusion, project of reorganization and documentation related to the communication of the room and electricity supply will be required. Such work can be performed by a special project organization that has a license for this type of activity.
The documentation needs to be coordinated with the SES (where you still need to receive notification of the start of activities), the fire department, the architect, the city or district administration. For the sale of alcohol will need a license. In order not to be mistaken in the paperwork, it is better to use the services of a lawyer.
How to choose a room
The room is practically the main factor in the success of a venture. They are most dependent on the location of the economy class institution when they have to function at the lowest point of the price category.
- The institution should be located as close as possible to the intended consumer (recreation areas, place of work, study or residence).
- Expensive restaurants open more often in the center, in expensive and prestigious buildings or premises. Cafe economy class - in sleeping areas.
- It is not worth the risk and rent a room where previously was located unprofitable cafe.
- The room must comply with the requirements of SanPiNa (water, electricity, sewage) and the planned loads.
- Find out if the selected room is in the area of reconstruction or scrapping. If the premises have been repaired with redevelopment, look at the documents for registration of its legality.
- Find out whether it is possible to place a cafe sign on the facade, find out what restrictions are placed on advertising in this place. Consider the convenience of the entrance and the possibility of parking.
Requirements for the room
Detailed requirements for catering facilities are contained in SanPiN 22.214.171.1249-01. Consider the most important. Premises must be planned with regard to fire safety and meet the standards. For example, the entrance to the sales area should be from the street, and in the storage space - from the courtyard.
The composition of the premises
- Warehouses. Stored food. Must be equipped with refrigerators. Dry foods and vegetables are stored in uncooled pantries.
- Washing. Bathtubs for washing with compartments for washing and rinsing dishes. Nearby is a dryer.
- Vegetable shop. Sorted, washed and processed vegetables. If there is no room for a workshop, a separate table for processing vegetables will be suitable.
- Meat processing table and fish processing table. If there is no possibility to create a separate workshop.
- Cold shop. Cold snacks (salads, sandwiches, desserts) are produced.
- Hot shop. A separate room where cookers are installed, ovens, a refrigerator, prepare hot meals and snacks. If the area allows, you can create confectionary shop and handout.
AT shopping area there must be a showcase with the products offered to customers, a wardrobe, a bathroom for visitors.
Recruitment and recruitment
The most difficult stage in starting a business. If you have never had to deal with such a procedure before, they use the services of professional recruitment professionals. Try not to attract friends to the business, there is a good expression “friendship is friendship, and money apart,” you can just ruin relations with some of them forever. The number of staff depends on the size of the cafe.
The first priority is to find a cook. Ideally, hire a chef, cooks and kitchen workers. This staff works in shifts. In a small cafe, one cook does the kitchen work, with the exception of washing dishes and cleaning the room.
In the cafe you will need an administrator, a bartender and a waiter. Look not only at the appearance, but also at the ability to deal with people. Resourcefulness, restraint and sociability are the main qualities of the administrator and waiter.
The application for products and the calculation is usually made by the chef, but at first purchases it is better to take part and you. Cooks purchase products with a certain margin, but if the cafe is just opened, it is better to take a bit of everything. On the "promotion" cafe will take time.
Be careful when choosing suppliers. Sometimes, instead of a single order, others are brought in or not at all. With such suppliers leave immediately and do not listen to a lot of excuses. Look for reliable partners.
As soon as you open, get ready for an influx of sales representatives from a wide variety of supplier companies. Do not rush to the first favorable offer, carefully study the price lists and choose the most profitable offer. If you have decided on suppliers, strictly follow the expiration date of the imported products, sometimes they may slip expired goods.
Carefully work with suppliers for implementation. It is tempting: the goods are there, it remains to sell and pay for the products, but the realities are completely different. You can not have time to sell everything, but with the suppliers have to pay all the same.
Open a cafe really even with a limited budget. However, in order for the offspring to become the main profitable business, you will have to work very hard, calculate the risks as much as possible and think about how to avoid them. Create a benevolent atmosphere filled with warmth and coziness so that every visitor feels, they are waiting for him here!