The article will talk about the rules for choosing a good blanket. Guided by the instructions, everyone will know which blanket is best to choose - from natural or synthetic filler.
Rules for choosing a blanket from fluff
Some duvets are much more expensive than others. How to choose not to overpay? To do this, you need to take a closer look at the proposed options.
In the production of poor quality down blankets used cheap materials. Be sure to pay attention to the quality of the fabric.
Considered the most durable blanket cassette type. For the manufacture of such a product takes more time. True, the result is worth it, because it differs in some features:
- the internal seam interferes with exit of down;
- thanks to the cassette type of cut, the down is not mixed inside;
- due to internal membranes more air.
The filler should consist of high-quality fluff, without unpleasant smell. In most cases, goose down is used, the quality indicator of which is elasticity. During the selection, consider the temperature in the apartment. If the bedroom is cool, buy a warmer product.
The duvet will serve for a long time, if properly care for him. Pooh is a natural product, so it needs access to air and periodic airing.
Keep fluff in a wet state is strictly prohibited. Drying, knock is not worth it.
Choosing a bamboo blanket
Bamboo fiber is a viscose type material resembling cotton wool.
- The size of bamboo products, choose more than a bed by 50 cm. So the edges will go down along the edges of the bed.
- The filler of the bamboo blanket should be spread as evenly as possible.
- Look at the firmware. If the firmware is thick, the filler will remain lush and will not crumple.
In some cases, bamboo blankets are made on the principle of blanket-blanket. With the onset of cold weather, such a product plays the role of a duvet cover, and in the warm season - an independent blanket.
Benefits of Bamboo Blankets
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Do not cause allergic irritation and prevents the growth of bacteria.
- They let in air and do not absorb unpleasant odors.
- Do not need special care. It is enough to occasionally take out to clean air and not expose to prolonged moisture.
- Washable in the washing machine. After washing it is not recommended to keep it in a rolled form for a long time, the filler and the coating can be deformed.
- It is a democratic cost.
Pros and cons of sheep wool blankets
When a person buys new clothes, first of all he is guided by the season. In the choice of a blanket is similar. In the summer, silk or bamboo products are considered indispensable; in the winter, it is better to use down or wool.
The product with a fleece of sheep wool, has many advantages:
- It has a healing effect.
- Keeps warm.
- Serves for a long time.
- Absorbs moisture.
- If the sheep's wool was not shorn or combed out, it is uncomfortable to sleep under such a product.
- In some cases, causes an allergic reaction.
- Moth may start.
Warm blanket selection rules
A summer blanket with a silk, viscose or bamboo filler will not help in winter, unless the apartment is very hot.
Let's talk about blankets that will protect from the cold in winter and provide a comfortable sleep.
- Top of leadership belongs to duvets, despite the small weight and softness. You can use 5-point products placed in a cassette-type pouch. They are very warm and reliable.
- In second place are models made of wool. The most expensive camel hair, it is characterized by elasticity, durability, elasticity.
- Hypoallergenic winter blankets are on sale. Such products are well cleaned and are not afraid of machine wash. Widely used in Germany and Austria.
- Cotton blankets also deserve attention. The material is well washed, absorbs moisture, does not stray.
Types of synthetic fillers
Visiting any store selling bedding, you will find a variety of models of synthetic products, different filler. Such fillers do not cause allergies; bugs, mites and fungi do not start in them.
- Lyocell. First appeared in Britain. Produced from cellulose. Durable, well absorbs moisture, pleasant to the touch. Care is not difficult, can be washed in a washing machine.
- Polyester fiber. Made of polyester. Fibers are carefully intertwined, it turns out an elastic structure. The finished product quickly recovers form, evaporates moisture, retains heat and is distinguished by ventilation properties.
- Thinsulate. According to the characteristics of fluff. Differs in long service life.
- Silicone. Does not accumulate dust and odor, mites do not live in it. It boasts enviable thermostatic properties.
Synthetic blankets are soft and light, characterized by high practicality and long service life. Their cost is much lower than products made of down or wool.
How to choose a blanket for the summer
Many people in the summer use winter blankets, sheets or blankets, but it must fit the season.
- The size. Summer version in size does not differ from the winter version. If the size of the available option suits you, feel free to purchase the same. Otherwise, buy a product that is 40 cm longer than your height. The dimensions of a standard summer blanket for two people, 180 cm tall, are 205 by 220 cm.
- Cost of. Some believe that the cost of the summer model below winter. This is not the case, since the price depends on the material and quality. The most expensive woolen blankets, then cotton, and the cheapest synthetic.
- Tactile sensations. Make sure the product is tactilely enjoyable.
The choice of materials is huge.
- Cotton. Perfect for warm seasons. Can be used without a duvet cover.
- Wool. Breathes well, retains heat, helps with diseases of the musculoskeletal system, hypoallergenic.
- Silk. Only natural silk is suitable. A model of poor-quality silk can cause skin diseases.
Blankets for newborns and children from three years
Choosing the right blanket for a newborn
Parents are anxious about things relating to the newborn child. They buy quality clothing, safe toys, a comfortable bed and a good bedding set.
Pediatric doctors recommend not using pillows for sleeping baby. At the initial stage of life, the infant's body does not have protection from the external world. If the child felt comfortable in his mother's tummy, after birth parents should provide him with such conditions. What should be the blanket for the baby?
- Only from natural material. Choose environmentally friendly raw materials without impurities. Synthetic can not be applied and made to the room where the child is sleeping.
- The best option is cotton coated. The filler is needed easy and high quality. Dyes - resistant.
- If the product is heavy and dense, the baby will only have to dream of comfort. The product must be free to pass air, otherwise the child will begin to sweat, which will cause cold, diaper rash and other troubles.
- Consider color, strength, size and type of cut. These factors do not affect the health of the infant, but will affect the parents' wallet.
- Find a middle ground between quality and price.
- When buying, be sure to ask the seller about the availability of a license and quality certificate.
- A blanket for a child is not enough. Have to choose and buy a few options. One product is suitable for walking, the second for sleeping, and the third for crawling a child across the floor.
In the choice of a blanket for a child there is no rush. How correct your choice will be depends on the health and well-being of the baby.
Choosing a blanket for a child
Children sleep a lot, so for comfort you need to make the right choice of bedding. These include pillows, linen and blankets.
When choosing a baby blanket, various indicators are taken into account - the health of the baby, the microclimate of the room, the season, and the financial capabilities of the parents.
- Blanket from a synthetic winterizer. Warm, light, remarkably washable, not difficult to care for. Poor air and is able to accumulate electric charge.
- Cotton. Differs in good air permeability, keeps heat and absorbs moisture. Caring is not easy. It is difficult to wash, it dries for a long time, it easily absorbs odors, clumps together and rolls.
- Woolen. It is based on natural fiber. You can use if the child is not allergic. Good air permeability, warming and moisture absorption. Can not be washed. We have to spend money on dry cleaning.
- Downy. Differs in low weight, good heat saving, good air permeability and moisture absorption. Pooh often contains the remains of ticks, as a result, the baby may be allergic.
- Silk. Almost perfect. Conforms to modern quality standards, does not accumulate electric charge, absorbs moisture and conducts air. It is warm, and does not cause difficulties with care. The only downside is the high cost.
If you have read the article to the end, you have learned how to choose the right blanket, what options of fillers are offered by stores. Having defined the tastes and needs, you can easily choose a wonderful bedding accessory that will warm you in cold winter and bring a comfortable sleep in a hot summer.